Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,869,917 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,274
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » DO NOT spend money in this game

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
23 posts found
  Alka_Setzer

Hard Core Member

3/30/13 4:56:29 PM#21

OP is full of crap, as is apparent from the lack of ANY detail and elaboration on what they're doing that's so bad.

Red5 has always been very transparent with their decisions and development of Firefall and continually strives to listen to the community to find out what we want. They do weekly (maybe monthly, don't remember) livestreams addressing questions and talking about various things they're working on. Who else takes the time to do that? Not many I'd bet. They also send out pretty regular surveys via email to get feedback and suggestions.

They're excellent developers and very fair when it comes to moderating.

I have absolutely zero qualms or regrets about spending 100 dollars for the founder's pack even though I've stopped playing Firefall (for now, waiting for more content and don't want to get burnt out on the game) and this is coming from a rather poor full-time student.

I completely agree with everyone in that you shoudn't pre-order or pre-purchase anything, it's a stupid idea that apparently seems to be popular for whatever reasons (I guess the incentives convince most people to buy it, personally I don't care for a large majority of things that come with pre-orders). Get a beta key and try out the game, if you like it, fantastic, it's free-to-play so you lose nothing. Like the game a lot? Then help out the developers and get a founders pack, it's well worth the money if you LIKE the game and plan on playing it and think it's a big possibility you'll spend money on it in the future. They're amazing deals and you'd be supporting some very passionate and dedicated developers who, as far as I am concerned, are doing right by gamers. They're trying to do something different from the generic lobby MMOFPS (if you can even call them an MMO) and tab-targetting MMOs with shooting mechanics. So far I think it's been very successful.

Squeak69

Advanced Member

cheese cheese wheres da bloody cheese

3/30/13 5:03:31 PM#22

eh the game has potential but, after months and months and months of seeing nothing and i pretty much mean nothing at all added or changed or anything in the beta im kinda more wondering if work is being done on this gaem still more then anything else.

i mena i got the founder with good reason the game has some great potential and is fun to play . . .at first, but without any real meat to the lore or story or things to do beside mine for minerals you cant really use for anything other then to make bigger drills . . . .it kinda lost its luster. heck last time i logged in the only thing that was diffrent was that their where more bugs then before.

i do hope it gets pulled togther and they finish it, but at this point i kinda lost hope adn even stopped really careing

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used to
Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

fundayz

Spotlight Poster

3/30/13 5:15:20 PM#23
Originally posted by Squeak69

eh the game has potential but, after months and months and months of seeing nothing and i pretty much mean nothing at all added or changed or anything in the beta im kinda more wondering if work is being done on this gaem still more then anything else.

i mena i got the founder with good reason the game has some great potential and is fun to play . . .at first, but without any real meat to the lore or story or things to do beside mine for minerals you cant really use for anything other then to make bigger drills . . . .it kinda lost its luster. heck last time i logged in the only thing that was diffrent was that their where more bugs then before.

i do hope it gets pulled togther and they finish it, but at this point i kinda lost hope adn even stopped really careing

This. There is no meat to this game as of now.

The combat is fun and the gliding is fun but there are hardly any quests, areas or any other reason why to PvE. The PvP is not bad but with F2P games like League of Legends and TF2 this really can't compete.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search