Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Shards | World of Warcraft | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,476 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,294,561
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Firefall - One of the Worst MMO's I have played.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
92 posts found
  timtrack

Spotlight Poster

1/30/13 2:44:50 AM#21
Originally posted by iamthekiller

Terrible custimization and terrible progression....

I rather enjoy it. It's got potential.

Here's an example of progression and customization, for 1 class:

Those are the battleframes you can unlock for the Assault class, which are sort of "specializations". You start with the first one and unlock skills/battleframes with XP. Each of those has one of these below which contains skills/passives/weapons/gadgets:

Did you just miss all that or do you really think it's as bad as you say?

Karahandras

Apprentice Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

1/31/13 5:52:30 PM#22
Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Originally posted by hfztt
Terrible custimization? The game has one of the most diverse crafting systems I have ever seen. You can make truely unique items.

May I ask for clarification here? You can craft an item in game that nobody, I mean nobody else can craft?

Once u get to the tier 2 battleframes u can 'make' the items u unlock.  That is to say a slightly better version of the items u unlock with slightly different stats depending on what resource u use..   Really not sure how this counts as the most diverse crafting system the poster has ever seen, guess he's stuck to themepark games.

Karahandras

Apprentice Member

All it takes for evil to succeed is for the good to stand by and do nothing

1/31/13 5:56:34 PM#23
Originally posted by hfztt

OP - One of the Worst Post's I ever read

Terrible custimization? The game has one of the most diverse crafting systems I have ever seen. You can make truely unique items.

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap... You figured wrong. Add to this that invasions happen a dynamic way and you can end up in scenarios the devs never dreamed of.

but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing Eh, the game already have one of the most poslished control schemes i have ever seen in a fsp, and it playes really well. PvP is entertaining and fun. TO bad you did not get a match.

TBH, I think you had made your mind up before playing, which is ok, just dont go drag a beta through the mud just be course it di not fit you.

Granted I didn't play enough to get into any crafting...from what I could tell you could only craft consumables and stuff...Maybe if I suffered through this garbage for long enough I could farm mats by doing the same calldown stuff over and over but why would I?  U can improve the gear u unlock from tier 2 onwards by crafting a better version

Fair enough, Dynamic huh...all I know is I played for sometime and nothing happened except some random mobs attacking a base with no rhyme or reason...   it's still closed beta so u shouldn't expect a lot of content yet.  Having said that they do seem to be slow in adding things.

I just don't think playing an fps type game with a measely few guns is gonna satisfy most...def wouldn't satisfy me. I would just go play a real fps that has good controls AND many different guns. Oh and one you can actually get a match in because people play it.   Whilst i'm currently having a bit of fun in firefall I describe it as a not very good console shooter and as u said there are better options

TBH, you can think whatever you like! The reason I went to the trouble of dling and installing the game was because it looked interesting...sadly it's the furthest thing from interesting. I'm not sure how I dragged anything through the mud either..I made no mention of bugs or crashes...as far as stability goes it was wonderful. But to me that's probably because barely anyone was playing.

Swanea

Hard Core Member

1/31/13 6:04:46 PM#24
i prefer global agenda over this.   Didnt have much fun at all, especially in pvp where EVERYONE was a medic because was/is so OP.
  shamall

Hard Core Member

played: almost every mmo out there

1/31/13 6:07:42 PM#25
I was hyped about firefall but its been in beta forever and plus games like Defiance are comming out soon giving Firefall some real competition in the third person shooter mmo market.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Zooce

Novice Member

1/31/13 6:10:15 PM#26
Originally posted by Swanea
i prefer global agenda over this.   Didnt have much fun at all, especially in pvp where EVERYONE was a medic because was/is so OP.

I agree with the PvP being a medic-fest.  Quite the turn-off for me, but what little of the PvE was implemented is fun.  Maxed out 3 t2 battleframes with best printer gear and didn't have much left to entertain me besides getting in some Baneclaw runs.  I enjoyed the game, but it needs a good deal of work before I would consider spending $, and it seems like they are taking sweet time with meaningful updates.

Kost

Newshound

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

1/31/13 6:15:12 PM#27
Prime example of why beta weekends are a fucking terrible idea.
  Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

1/31/13 6:17:26 PM#28
I think the game is very fun but it is also not close to launch yet.  There are many planned features not yet implemented.  I have been in Beta for over a year.  I didnt play this weekend because I dont want to over play and spoil my fun for when it goes live.  I think the game is shaping up to be very fun and PVP was a lot of fun when I did it.
  Konner920

Novice Member

2/01/13 4:02:41 AM#29
i feel bad for anyone that actually paid for beta access for this. I've been in the beta since the first few waves, I have like 5 invites.
  LanceC

Novice Member

2/01/13 10:16:47 AM#30
Originally posted by Konner920
i feel bad for anyone that actually paid for beta access for this. I've been in the beta since the first few waves, I have like 5 invites.

Got in for free. Key off a post in their forums. Went founder to support. Think people regularly give keys away on the forums there. 

levin70

Advanced Member

2/04/13 7:18:19 PM#31

A few points from someone who was played the PVE side of the game nonstop for the past 60 days.

(1) PVE game play.  if they continue along the path they are setting up will be quire enjoyable.  The game world right now is incredibly small with very little variety.  Its that way on purpose.  The expansion of the map will be totally player driven.  Again if they stick to what they have said.  The world is quite beautiful though.

(2) crafting.  For those of us who remember the dynamic system from SWG pre-cu, this system may actually turn out to be BETTER.  you read that right.  Dynamic resourec spawns with multiple levels of resource classification/strata.  Not only that, but unlike SWG, you actually have to work to gather resources, which is great.  Almost none of its implemented yet, other than the dynamic spawning resources, but what I have seen so far is incredibly encouraging.

(3) open world sandbox.  No levels.  No conning creatures to determine if you can fight or should run.  Go anywhere and everywhere day 1.  That is ingame today - but see my comment from #1 above.  The world is small for a reason.  They plan to increase its size over time, by player interaction.  I hope they stick to it.  There are starter quests, but only a few of them to orient you.  Also, please note, there is no real tutuorial yet, they are working on it.  So don't get frustrated, and don't be afraid to ask in zone chat for help or on the forums.  People will help you out if you ask for assistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM17s5Fxpx0&list=UUxf5w-2pnx74SpNy6P7QWSA&index=29

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgFcEW5nyGI

The above links are great videos explaining what Firefall wants to accomplish with its open world, eventually.  Watch it, its great

DamonVile

Apprentice Member

2/04/13 8:19:32 PM#32

People really shouldn't be allowed to post crap like this about a game in beta. It's disrespectable to a company that obviously spends a lot of money advertising on this site.

The games not even close to being finished and some moron is complaining about it being small and...unfinished. I mean really...who looks at a half finsihed painting and says " hey that looks half finished"

mayito7777

Advanced Member

2/05/13 12:44:06 PM#33

It's just so boring and uninspired...I couldn't find a single redeeming quality to the game...

Small and generic looking world....

There was barely anyone even playing, a totally free open beta weekend and nobody is even giving a dried up turd...

Public quests that barely ever cycle around, I spent 20 minutes jumping around looking for somethign to shoot..

Figured out the only content is 2 public quests and resource calldown crap...

Couldn't get a pvp match, but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing.

Definately one of the worst and most boring MMO's I have ever played.

The OP is a troll that doesnot know the game, so dont pay attention to him.

skamper

Novice Member

3/01/13 8:40:18 AM#34

It's just so boring and uninspired...I couldn't find a single redeeming quality to the game...

There was barely anyone even playing, a totally free open beta weekend and nobody is even giving a dried up turd...

Public quests that barely ever cycle around, I spent 20 minutes jumping around looking for somethign to shoot..

Couldn't get a pvp match, but judging from the PVE and the way the game plays in general..I'm sure I missed nothing.

PVE = Thumpers

PVP = Battlegrounds. AKA Global Agenda

Let's all keep defending this bland boring game. Love you kids.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

3/01/13 8:53:08 AM#35
Originally posted by skamper

PVE = Thumpers

Well i would not call it a bland boring game..

for somthing that is free to play its not bad.. sure its nothing special and i dont think i would put too much time into it.. but i have seen a lot worse..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

User Deleted
3/01/13 9:06:23 AM#36

PVE = Thumpers

http://www.firefallthegame.com/game/ - check under the screenshot subsection please

Also FYI: PVE= thumpers and dynamic events (which range from meh repair/defend missions to Chosen incursions which... if you're ever looking at it through a sniper rifle scope and it's coming towards you you're gonna be shitting bricks when the juggernaughts start shelling your position).

Now that your ass is on a platter, keep hating on what you don't know dude.

Daemonweaver

Hard Core Member

Death cannot save you!

3/01/13 9:28:40 AM#37

Have not played this game because it is not really my style of game. However thought I would include a link from a reviewer who I like. I think he gives it quite an impartial review and game sounds very interesting just not for me.

Only thing I have to say is it has been in Beta a long time, maybe too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4FE33L3dTk

skamper

Novice Member

3/02/13 3:09:17 AM#38
Originally posted by Dihoru

PVE = Thumpers

http://www.firefallthegame.com/game/ - check under the screenshot subsection please

Also FYI: PVE= thumpers and dynamic events (which range from meh repair/defend missions to Chosen incursions which... if you're ever looking at it through a sniper rifle scope and it's coming towards you you're gonna be shitting bricks when the juggernaughts start shelling your position).

Now that your ass is on a platter, keep hating on what you don't know dude.

I can count the number of  "Dynamic events" on my hand. Pretty "dynamic". PVE is sitting around killing random mobs that spawn and doing thumpers. And "dynamic" events are simply killing the same ol stuff you have been killing with a minor objective.

And I'll care when that stuff is actually put in. Plenty of game developers talk about what they want and never deliver, or deliver half finished crap. They obviously opened this beta because they're out of money and need to grab some from people.

Their definition of "beta": Well we're out of money, or we need more, so we'll just open up our stale game and take money from people who are looking for something new. 

Beta started in August 2011. Two thousand eleven. It has been in "beta" for a year and a half. In that amount of time we got what? A few more areas to do thumpers, a pvp map and a rebalance of the tree. I mean come the fuck on they launched the STORE before any real content. And you can see it on that little "section below screenshots" you are talking about. Who cares who the guys are. They have no idea what they're doing. They want to take peoples money before even having any content in, and they got these kids, like you, to defend this horrible game.

It had potential, they lost confidence, and the game is dying. They opened beta way too early. They opened the shop before delivering any sort of real content. So where is that Chosen war,  or where are the sneak peeks for the mighty Episodic Campaign. I love their little plea to gamers about their "real beta". Yup a "Real beta" asking for your money.

Keep on defending this polished turd.

SaltyBogey

Novice Member

3/02/13 7:01:54 PM#39
Kind of agree with the OP... To make matters worse, I really can't see how the developers are going to make money from this game? There's going to be extreme low volumes in game purchasing simply because the game doesn't hold your attention for more than 2 weeks.
  Vidir

Novice Member

3/02/13 7:24:40 PM#40
Im not going to say the game is good or bad, just that I had hopes for the game and guess if I was glad when I got the beta invite few months ago. Well I did play for a few houres and now I get beta invite at least 1 per week and I dont even considder playing.
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search