Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,694 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,976
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Some Questions From A New Player

6 posts found
  FuryV

Apprentice Member

OP  1/25/13 5:44:37 PM#1

I've just recently heard of this game, and it has sort of taken me by surprise. Until yesterday I didn't even know anything about it. From videos I've watched & info I've read so far, it seems great. I have some questions though, which hopefully you guys can help me with:

- Why isn't there more hype for this game? Considering what I've seen so far on Youtube videos etc, and what I've read about the game I would have thought that the hype for this game would be much bigger than it actually is. I usually browse threads here at mmorpg.com and Firefall seems to be rarely even mentioned over here. I understand that it's not technically an 'MMORPG' although I'd have thought people would be more interested in a game like this.  I just don't want to get into a game like this only for it's population to dwindle like mad once I'm into it.

- I understand that the game is not released yet and there hasn't been a date set for the actual release, although I read somewhere that if I purchase a founders pack, I can start playing the game immediately even though it's just in "beta" at the moment. If this is the case, will any progression I make on my character be saved once the game is fully released or will everything be reset? If there are no resets, then I'd be extremely tempted to purchase a founders pack & start playing immediately.

- Having never played this type of game before (I'm usually just playing FPS "or" MMORPG, not a mixture of both) how does it differ from your normal MMORPG? For example, is there loot to acquire, what is the progression like? I.e. is there a gear/level grind, etc?

- Is the environment like that of your typical MMO? What I mean is, is there a massive open world to explore with cities, towns etc? Or is it just map based like Battlefield, Call of Duty etc.. i.e. not seamless.

Thanks guys.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 5:47:56 PM#2
game has changed a lot since i last tried 5 or so months ago they added in a new skill system it seems.. they also added in appearance customization thing and crafting seems a little differn't. I actually find it much more enjoyable then my brief test of defiance.. i gotta put more time in to see what else was added though.. and yes you get drops and stuff from killing things which you casn use to craft and upgrade your gear and such..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

FuryV

Apprentice Member

OP  1/25/13 7:27:41 PM#3

OK great.  I have one more question... Is the game basically playable now?  I realise it's still in "beta" and so things will most likely change, come final release but would it be worth playing at the moment?  Will things change that much that the whole experience will be different come release?  If not, then surely I can just start playing now as if it HAS actually been released, seeing as stats etc aren't wiped after the beta can't I?

Only thing is, I'm guessing the population isn't going to be that great right now, seeing as it's not been released fully.

Aerowyn

Novice Member

1/25/13 7:29:47 PM#4
Originally posted by FuryV
OK great.  I have one more question... Is the game basically playable now?  I realise it's still in "beta" and so things will most likely change, come final release but would it be worth playing at the moment?  Will things change that much that the whole experience will be different come release?  If not, then surely I can just start playing now as if it HAS actually been released, seeing as stats etc aren't wiped after the beta can't I?

honestly i only put a few hours into the game so someone else would be better suited to answer that.. games seemed to play fine for me though.. think most the bigger changes probably are already in

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Cheboygan

Novice Member

1/27/13 12:27:29 AM#5

quite playable

tutorial is almost non-existent though so they leave it up to you to figure it all out - trial and error ain't so bad as death penalty is minimal

best part so far for me is the jet boots - very well done

Derangedcowbrain

Advanced Member

1/27/13 10:55:41 AM#6

I've enjoyed my limited time in it. I have a Beta key if you'd like one (though I may not have them much longer).

D.