Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Wasteland 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,067 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,396
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Firefall vs Planetside 2

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
48 posts found
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

1/15/13 5:28:33 AM#41
Vion
Not really planetside 1 and 2 is beyond bf3, its a fully persistent bigger world not match based like bf3.

In traditional mmo terms.
Firefall Is like wow battlegrounds. Instanced mini game match pvp
Planetside is like daoc
Bf3 is like lake wintergrasp in wow
  mayito7777

Advanced Member

1/21/13 1:23:35 PM#42
Originally posted by ShakyMo
Vion
Not really planetside 1 and 2 is beyond bf3, its a fully persistent bigger world not match based like bf3.

In traditional mmo terms.
Firefall Is like wow battlegrounds. Instanced mini game match pvp
Planetside is like daoc
Bf3 is like lake wintergrasp in wow

You nailed in your comparison, exactly on the money, FF is trying to go beyond that and shortly we will have new events and other stuff that are going to make PVP even better and improve PVE as well.

jazz.be

Apprentice Member

2/24/13 7:10:11 PM#43

I played both now, PS2 and FireFall beta weekend and I must say these games are totally different.

PS2 is more of a real shooter, big classic battlefield with a lot of shooting and squading.

Your character is nothing more than an avatar.

FireFall seems to have a little bit RP feeling and there is room for hangout moments, if you know what I mean. You kinda feel bound to your character.

raapnaap

Hard Core Member

2/26/13 7:24:22 AM#44

PS2 and Firefall are two completely different games which are not comparable. The only things they have in common is FPS combat, and being 'MMO' sized.

I personally like both. I play PS2 and am keeping an eye on Firefall (mainly when they get around adding world PvP and the incentives for it, I do hope it won't just be a token grind but rather be based on proper objectives).

DMKano

Elite Member

2/26/13 7:29:33 AM#45
I played them both, I prefer Defiance.
  Cheboygan

Novice Member

2/28/13 8:51:54 PM#46

i play them both

well, firefall is on break waiting for wipe

prefer firefall because of the pve - no where near as intense as PS2 (this is a good thing) - does not piss me off (7 kills/80 deaths PS2 = me needs practice) - love the jet boots and gliders 

socalsk8tr

Advanced Member

4/21/13 3:20:39 AM#47

As I've been playing both both have their upsides and down but neither one is any where near to being similar other than the fact that one class has a jet pack in PS2- All characters in Firefall have some form of  a jet pack. That and guns but this is pretty much where the similarities end.

Firefall you fight either in arena style squirmeshes or open world AI and eventually other players once they add open world pvp.

Firefall has way more RPG elements to it than PS2. PS2 is just giant faction vs faction vs faction all out open world warfare which is fun in its own right but I've been running into alot of hackers recently in game.

Firefall will probably have those as well its got plenty of bugs in it that can be exploited and whether they'll see a fix in time before its game breaking is neither here nor there.

Both have their pro's and cons but both are entirely different genre's of games each has its own little niche its trying to carve out but only time will tell if they can work it out or not for now I'm not keeping my hopes up about either for different reasons but we'll see what happens.

EinsamWulf

Novice Member

4/23/13 10:27:22 AM#48
There are no more wipes. They announced that months ago.

Terminus
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
EinsamWulf- Legionnaire of Terminus

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search