Trending Games | ArcheAge | Pirate101 | Wasteland 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,124 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,599
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Now this is a shooter i can get in to...forget PS2!

8 posts found
  Kenze

Novice Member

OP  11/30/12 5:20:55 PM#1

I'm enjoying this game a lot. It looks great and the gameplay is fun!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Joekra

Novice Member

11/30/12 5:22:10 PM#2
I found it very enjoyable too, just after a while there was nothing to do. Of course this was just a weekend I tested two weeks ago, so if they can put in more content it could be great.
  Kenze

Novice Member

OP  11/30/12 5:26:34 PM#3

Originally posted by Joekra
I found it very enjoyable too, just after a while there was nothing to do. Of course this was just a weekend I tested two weeks ago, so if they can put in more content it could be great.

yeah lack of enough content seems to be a problem plaguing all mmos released lately. I know that content comes with time but i think this game is doing something new and Im excited to be able to really get in to it. FPS PVE MMO is just the type of game Ive been waiting for..Now if someone would make a good PVE sandbox game :)

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
—Lao-Tze

Joekra

Novice Member

11/30/12 5:29:50 PM#4
Originally posted by Kenze

yeah lack of enough content seems to be a problem plaguing all mmos released lately. I know that content comes with time but i think this game is doing something new and Im excited to be able to really get in to it. FPS PVE MMO is just the type of game Ive been waiting for..Now if someone would make a good PVE sandbox game :)

Well in this case as I tried it, the content was 20 quests and rest just thumping/random invasion squads. Enough to have fun for a weekend maybe, but thats it.

hfztt

Hard Core Member

11/30/12 5:35:41 PM#5

Well in this case as I tried it, the content was 20 quests and rest just thumping/random invasion squads. Enough to have fun for a weekend maybe, but thats it.

FireFall is pretty Sandboxy... So you wont fint much in the way of fixed missions.

Quite a bit of dynamic content, but still not that much sand. I do like the crafting system though.

Jonoku

Spotlight Poster

"Veni Vidi Vici"

11/30/12 5:37:09 PM#6
Code doesn't work trying to get in and download.....

Looking at: The Repopulation
Preordering: None
Playing: Random Games

Joekra

Novice Member

11/30/12 5:40:29 PM#7
Originally posted by hfztt

FireFall is pretty Sandboxy... So you wont fint much in the way of fixed missions.

Quite a bit of dynamic content, but still not that much sand. I do like the crafting system though.

Yeah that's what I meant. It is fun for the little it offers at this moment. But even if you completely go for sandboxy play, you will indeed run out of sand soon too. I was randomly walking killing squads etc and thumping and helpint random people I met with their thumpers.

corpusc

Advanced Member

CHATTANOOGAN

contact me if you are seriously interested in
* C#
* making an old schoolish FPS

11/30/12 7:28:28 PM#8

i like most of whats there a lot, but it definitely needs more content. 

also needs (opt-in) open world PVP as it appears in the 5 minute or so Defiance video on the subject.

and if they insist on keeping instanced PVP matches (i'd rather them take place in arenas in the open world where wanderers could just stumble upon a match and decide to watch it, etc.) then they should also have FFA mode too.  i hate being forced to play with pickup-group teams.

The End
---------------------------
i don't expect to like Darkfall, altho i may like it MORE than other MMOs. i know it is gonna have a very frustrating level of grind to it, even if its significantly less than most. waiting for a pure FAST action virtual world. dice rolling & character levels (even "skills") IN COMBAT should have never carried over from pencil & paper to a computer that can reasonably model 3D spaces and objects