Trending Games | Pirate101 | ArcheAge | Wasteland 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,860,114 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,245,558
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Firefall the next most innovative mmo out that will be f2p

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  alexanys1982

Novice Member

WTB a sandbox mmo with WoW's polish.

8/28/12 9:32:23 PM#21
Originally posted by dubyahite
Originally posted by aligada87
Originally posted by dubyahite
Firefall is fun and everything, but it won't hold a candle to Planetside 2.

I don't want to play an mmofps for pve quests and instanced small scale PvP. I want huge open world conflict.

they do have open world pvp. atm it's just not ready yet. they will have open world pvp to where you fight for lands and shit. so they will have both instanced pvp like capture the flag and open world pvp. btw what is dominos? is that an mmo or you talking about the blocks with dots on em. 

That may very well be true, but it's not in the game and they have offered no specifics about it. I stand by my statement. Planetside 2 will be the better game from my perspective. Firefall is a good game, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't offer what Planetside offers. Whatever open world PvP they come up with will not compare to Planetsides full scale war. That's all planetside does. It is entirely open world PvP. IMO the first planetside still has the best PvP and the sequel will continue that tradition.
As far as dominus goes, I didn't post about it. It is, however, an mmo.

They are different games...Firefall is an alien invasion..its alot more RPGish with good PvE, and "plans" for open world pvp with conflicts. PS2 is juts a shooter where you take bases...

User Deleted
8/28/12 10:35:56 PM#22
Can you stil inv for Firefall? thx
  Siveria

Spotlight Poster

10/12/12 2:18:51 PM#23

I think they should allow the players to be the good guys, OR the chosen, the fact the chosen can take over towns alone sounds like it'd be nice for a dual faction game, Just make sure to put population locks so the sides stay in balance. Honestly though if there is no pvp aspect to taking over the towns people will get bored fast, because its just npc stomping otherwise.

I also dislike the fact its going to be f2p, that meabs once it comes out expect any real updates to come every 6+months, because thats usually how the end up after the first month or so.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

alexanys1982

Novice Member

WTB a sandbox mmo with WoW's polish.

11/06/12 3:26:29 PM#24
If he does what he promises then ya best game ever. If.

ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/06/12 3:29:33 PM#25
Ctf in a box

Very innovative.
  gordiflu

Apprentice Member

11/06/12 5:07:09 PM#26

I stopped following this game when it started to sound too much like Global Agenda part II.

However, these latest news about open world PVP and properly challenging PVE with events and such sound good. I guess I should start tracking it again.

tomatobee

Novice Member

11/14/12 7:31:59 PM#27
 Most of players are looking forward to World PVP in Firefall, and I heard if you upload screenshots to Dotmmo, you will get gifts from them.
  ShakyMo

Apprentice Member

11/14/12 7:37:54 PM#28
Am I correct in thinking pvp in firefall is instanced matches

Where as planetside 2 if pvp within a non instanced fully persistent world.

If so then the latter is the mmo for true pvp fans.
  User Deleted
11/15/12 5:46:43 PM#29

Why is it that this community uses the word innovative to describe every run of the mill type game?  Makes no sense.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search