Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Gigantic | Landmark

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,694 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,225,820
Red 5 Studios | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 07/09/13)  | Pub:Red 5 Studios
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Firefall Forum » General Discussion » Borderland graphics?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
24 posts found
  outfctrl

Novice Member

American by Birth
Biker by choice
Patriot forever

OP  4/17/12 6:39:16 AM#1

Looks like a fun game, but the graphics turn me off. Reminds me of Borderlands somewhat.

I was watching the feeds as posted and couldnt get into it.  Anyone else feel this way about the looks of the game?

Your main character seems to not blend in to the surroundings.

Unlight

Novice Member

4/17/12 6:41:55 AM#2

For me, it's a selling point.  I really like the comic book look of cel shaded graphics.  It's a stylistic choice that I for one, find agreeable.

Lustmord

Elite Member

4/17/12 6:44:18 AM#3
Originally posted by Unlight

For me, it's a selling point.  I really like the comic book look of cel shaded graphics.  It's a stylistic choice that I for one, find agreeable.

+1

aesperus

Elite Member

4/17/12 6:48:22 AM#4

Not really. I think it fits for this type of game. Reminds me of a mix between Borderlands & Global Agenda. I kinda like it.

freizo

Apprentice Member

4/17/12 6:50:42 AM#5

This game runs smooth as hell, and the choice of artstyle fits in perfectly for this type of mmo.

This makes it look good even on low resolutions. When a mmofps trying to shine off  with uber real life graphics it's doomed to fail. 

I'm in the beta and all I can say is that this game is one piece of fresh air and is most likely to get successfull cause of the free2play model, smooth gameplay and active community-focused developers.

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

4/17/12 6:56:44 AM#6

I dont a massive fan of the cartoon graphics either, aslo testing this game and its not bad for a free game some of the dynamic events are good fun..

As its gonig to be free to play just give it a go when it comes out and make your own mind up :)

its somthing that will stay on my system and i will play from time to time.

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

User Deleted
4/17/12 7:22:14 AM#7

Cell shade is kind of a matter of personal taste I guess. Seems like "Fable" was one of the first big cell shade games, it had lots of soft pastels, really a new and different look and easy on the eyes. I personally prefer a realistic,gritty look in games,but that's just me. I like the' Borderlands' games. The first one opened with Cage the Elephant's, "...there ain't no rest for the wicked,money don't grow on trees..."

outfctrl

Novice Member

American by Birth
Biker by choice
Patriot forever

OP  4/17/12 7:45:31 AM#8

Well, Since it is going to be free to play, I might check it out.

I just bought the collectors edition of Tera and after watching the videos of that game, this game didnt appeal to me that much.  Guess I got spoiled.

Thanks all

BeansnBread

Hard Core Member

4/17/12 7:47:30 AM#9

Yes, its graphics are similar to Borderlands. It looks fun too.

SWTOR is the greatest mmo ever!

Aerowyn

Novice Member

4/26/12 8:00:44 PM#10
Originally posted by outfctrl

Looks like a fun game, but the graphics turn me off. Reminds me of Borderlands somewhat.

I was watching the feeds as posted and couldnt get into it.  Anyone else feel this way about the looks of the game?

i just got into the closed beta.. graphics are pretty amazing.. although something is wrong with npc animations right now but I'm sure it will get fixed.. but turning off the "outline" option makes your character blend a lot better with the enviornemnt,, I dunno why the outline option is even in the game... characters look so dumb with an a huge black outline.. thank goodness it can be turned off:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

leftyZX

Novice Member

4/27/12 3:31:00 AM#11

they just lauch a huge update patch 3.4gb size

i read that they refine graphic looks, gameplay, UI, night time, etc etc

the game will be alot more interesting

Aerowyn

Novice Member

5/01/12 8:41:47 PM#12
Originally posted by leftyZX

they just lauch a huge update patch 3.4gb size

i read that they refine graphic looks, gameplay, UI, night time, etc etc

the game will be alot more interesting

yea big patch fixed the npc and mob movement glitches I was having.. game is pretty fun especially for a F2P game.. although probably going to wait for planetside 2 to get my FPS MMO fix

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

taus01

Advanced Member

5/13/12 2:36:49 AM#13

Game just got a huge graphical update. Borderlands is not even close to the quality this game delivers. At times i think i am playing an anime/action movie. The realism is downright amazing, especially with the sun effects and the Incredible viewing distance.

Nothing quite like it in terms of graphical quality.

PS: Watch me play Firefall live on my Twitch channel (720p+ extra crisp). Just ask me to show it to you, i'll be glad to do so.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

StonesDK

Apprentice Member

8/13/12 9:32:31 AM#14
You can turn off character outline to get rid of that comic book look
  Nephaerius

Apprentice Member

8/13/12 9:47:44 AM#15
Originally posted by outfctrl

This game and more specifically the lighting, if run on max settings, is absolutely beautiful and way less cartoony then you would think.

Twitter: @Nephaerius
Steam: Neph
Xbox 360 GT: Nephaerius

alexanys1982

Novice Member

WTB a sandbox mmo with WoW's polish.

8/28/12 9:07:19 PM#16
Heres what it is about Firefalls graphics that I think may have been why they went this way instead of how PS2 and Dust are doing it. In Firefall,  giant bugs attack in waves along with tiny mobs and flying mobs the size of small trucks skeeting acid all over the place while the litle ones use thier tricks and all the while a mob the size of texas is rounding the corner on your team...how exactly would a graphics engine like Dusts make all that work and not blow up your machine?

aprizm

Novice Member

9/05/12 8:17:10 AM#17

yes it does look like BORDERLANDS and its exactly why I love it. BL was game of the year and theres a massive-load of people still playing it. so yeah this is basically BORDERLANDS+CRACKDOWN2 mashup with MMORPG elements :) 

AWESOMETASTIC!!!!!!!! cannot wait to actually get a key and play it. also Borderlands 2 is coming in 2 week !!!! :) 

im like a kid on xmas ^^^^^

just1opinion

Smart-Alek

9/05/12 8:24:05 AM#18
Originally posted by Lustmord
Originally posted by Unlight

+1

+2 now

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

Jockan

Hard Core Member

9/05/12 8:28:40 AM#19
Got into the beta and played a bit and saw that I dont like the graphics either. 

Leethe

Novice Member

9/05/12 8:28:46 AM#20

Borderlands-ish. In BL, the textures were illustrated along woth the comic outline on the models. Firefall has the comic outlining but the textures are for the most part realistic, even if the models themselves are highly stylized. The landscape textures are stunning to say the least.

in my opinion.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search