Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | EverQuest | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,204 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,275,617
Ameridat
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel Q2 2013)  | Pub:XAP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Wizards and Champions Forum » General Discussion » WAC Alpha 1 Thread 2013-01-20

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
39 posts found
  ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

Zombie - Dead but still moving.

OP  1/20/13 1:14:20 AM#1

Realm Lords II - Wizards and Champions

A L P H A   1   T H R E A D

FAIR WARNING:  micro-budget Indie with old school artwork and very few modern features.

Who:  XAP Games (a micro-budget Indie), and community volunteers to help test.

What:  WAC Alpha 1 - A quick test run of a live server with 1 overland region, 1 town, and a couple dungeons.

When:  Only a couple days out.  Servers will be live for several days.

Where:  Using the WAC forum here on MMORPG.com for communications since the WAC web site isn't setup yet.

Why:  Basic systems test.  The base framework and mechanics are in place.  Hoping for feedback on UI, combat mechanics, client performance, and general concept presentation.

Sign-up procedure:  Drop a note in this thread so I have a clue on how many have interest.

Testing process:

1. When client is available and servers live, a client link will be posted.

2. Account creation is done via the client.

3. A guide for client operation will be posted on the WAC web site and linked from this thread.

4. Feedback can be left in this thread or PM'd if the tester feels it appropriate to not post publicly.

5. No NDA.  There will be account and character wipe on completion.

Things that are in the game and working at least partially:  Vendors, trainers, trash mobs, mail, auction house, and combat.

Things NOT in game yet:  Lore, crafting, mining, skinning, harvesting, tutorial, maps, online help, and game content (it's just a framework at this point).

Any questions or comments, feel free to reply.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*

Afterlife

Novice Member

1/20/13 1:53:21 AM#2
I'm always good for feedback :) Count me in
  ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

OP  1/20/13 5:45:22 PM#3
Originally posted by Afterlife
I'm always good for feedback :) Count me in

Excellent.  Greatly appreciated.

MSOTSG with PPE : Massively Single-player Online Task-driven Storyline Game with Purchasable Performance Enhancements *grin*

Cierdwyn2

Apprentice Member

1/20/13 11:46:40 PM#4
I'd like to help out as much as I can. If you need a tester, let me know when and where.:)

We are the people our paretns warned us about.

ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

OP  1/21/13 12:04:57 AM#5
Originally posted by Cierdwyn2
I'd like to help out as much as I can. If you need a tester, let me know when and where.:)

That'd be great.  At the moment in code-hell trying to fix a lighting issue with the engine.  Unless I have a crisis, which I don't expect, I plan to have servers up by end of the week.

Liftted

Novice Member

1/21/13 1:36:41 AM#6
I would be willing to give this a test. I have done some other alpha and a lot of beta testing.
  Excession

Hard Core Member

Political correctness is tyranny with manners

1/21/13 1:41:36 AM#7
Sure, if you need more people to test, count me in.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

Maelkor

Novice Member

1/21/13 2:35:41 AM#8
I would be willing to give some feedback also as I have nothing else going at the moment.
  ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

OP  1/21/13 5:01:11 PM#9

First peek at unnamed town in starter zone.

momodig

Novice Member

1/21/13 6:47:27 PM#10
Really enjoy this guys games; but he conitnually makes a new game like it's going out of style... Just please stick with one projected... is very discouraging when I enjoy the game you  make, and you ditch for something else :) hope this one is the one :)

Scorchien

Advanced Member

1/21/13 6:50:29 PM#11
 I would love jump in and help you test your game , i am a UO vet of 13 years , and have done alot of testing in my day s..
  ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

OP  1/21/13 6:54:50 PM#12
Originally posted by momodig
Really enjoy this guys games; but he conitnually makes a new game like it's going out of style... Just please stick with one projected... is very discouraging when I enjoy the game you  make, and you ditch for something else :) hope this one is the one :)

Yeah, uhm... well I kind of have emotional stability issues because of the meds I take.  I get messed up and make bad decisions.  Feeling pretty good lately though.  After alpha starts I have to take some time off and rest.  Stress makes things worse.

ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

OP  1/21/13 7:00:59 PM#13
Originally posted by Scorchien
 I would love jump in and help you test your game , i am a UO vet of 13 years , and have done alot of testing in my day s..

Works for me.  Glad to have you along.

We'll have to talk about Trammel some time.  I never played UO.  Would like insider perspective on overland PVP.

AgentAnarkii

Novice Member

1/21/13 8:14:47 PM#14
I love the chance to help out! Count me in mate! Look forward to trying/testing the game for ya!
  Myrdynn

Hard Core Member

1/21/13 8:20:25 PM#15
hey bud, I was in on your test team a couple yrs back I think when you first started W&C.  If you need some more testers, I have a couple free days this weekend, if Im not grinding POE
  Deddpool

Novice Member

1/21/13 8:36:58 PM#16
I'd love to give some feedback if you'd like.  Tested pretty much everything lol.

User Deleted
1/21/13 11:00:55 PM#17
Looks interesting and would also like to test.
  Stizzled

Tipster

Kill Your Heroes

1/22/13 2:32:19 AM#18
I'll be around. I'm curious to see how the combat feels compared to the last alpha.

reginleaf

Novice Member

1/22/13 6:00:03 AM#19

Unfortunately I don't have 13 years of experience working on MMOs, however I've recently grown tired of the one I was playing (being DDO) and would love to assist in the development of a new MMO. I'm also quite curious in how MMOs tend to develop, so getting some experience in alpha and following through would be an excitment to me. 

If you're willing to have me aboard I'd be happy to test the game.

ZombieKen

Apprentice Member

OP  1/22/13 6:47:30 AM#20
Originally posted by reginleaf

... and would love to assist in the development of a new MMO. I'm also quite curious in how MMOs tend to develop, so getting some experience in alpha and following through would be an excitment to me. 

Sounds good to me.  I'd be glad to show you around the development process.  Alpha is a great place to start because there's so much missing it's quite a contrast to a finished game.  It's easy to see what polish is when it isn't there.

I'll have a client ready in a day or so.  At the moment, I'm installing dungeon entrances and tidying up a bit.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search