Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,014 Users Online:0
Games:712  Posts:6,173,434
Trion Worlds | Official Site
MOBA | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Development  (est.rel 2014)  | Pub:Trion Worlds
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:Free
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

End of Nations Forum » General Discussion » End of Nations - On Hold Until Further Notice

11 posts found
  Torvaldr

Elite Member

OP  11/27/12 10:04:42 PM#1

According to Massively, Trion's End of Nations is on hold until further notice.  The article states that open beta is on hold indefinitely and closed beta customers will be receiving a refund.  Trion posted a blurb on their Facebook page last Wednesday.

Here is the article: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11/27/trion-postpones-end-of-nations-open-beta-until-further-notice/

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

ThumbtackJ

Elite Member

11/27/12 10:10:13 PM#2
I wonder what's up. Are they running low on funds?

Om bhur bhuvah svah
tát savitúr váreniyam
bhárgo devásya dhimahi
dhíyo yó nah pracodáyat

Torvaldr

Elite Member

OP  11/28/12 10:40:25 AM#3

If you check the Facebook page there is a little more information.  Basically it sounds like they aren't satisfied with how it's working and shutting down external testing until they have things sorted out (whatever that means).

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

Crunchy222

Apprentice Member

11/28/12 3:21:30 PM#4

No one was interested in C&C4 style mmorts.

Come back when you have a persistant world and where your designated base isnt just an spot to churn out troops that died.

Give us resource managment and permanant bases and this game will be far more interesting.

Was so interested in this game way back when no one knew specifics, once i learned it followed the hated C&C4 mechanics i lost all interest.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

OP  11/28/12 3:31:50 PM#5
Originally posted by Crunchy222

No one was interested in C&C4 style mmorts.

Come back when you have a persistant world and where your designated base isnt just an spot to churn out troops that died.

Give us resource managment and permanant bases and this game will be far more interesting.

Was so interested in this game way back when no one knew specifics, once i learned it followed the hated C&C4 mechanics i lost all interest.

Yeah, I wouldn't want just C&C either, but I wouldn't mind some C&C elements.  I'm reading into what they posted on Facebook, but it seems like they are mulling over a lot of the critical feedback they received.  I'm curious what they will do.  Trion is pretty good about considering the desires of the player base, at least in rift.

bcbully

Elite Member

11/28/12 3:35:15 PM#6
It just wasn't fun. I hope the extra resources will help defiance.

Elder Scrolls Online vs Wildstar Mass PvP you decide.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

OP  11/28/12 4:43:41 PM#7
Originally posted by bcbully
It just wasn't fun. I hope the extra resources will help defiance.

According to the Facebook blurb they haven't cancelled it or diverted resources.  They've closed public access for what appears to be a review of some sort.

HalfEmpty

Novice Member

12/20/12 10:55:13 AM#8
If Petroglyph did the same kind of job on making a balanced game as they did on Empire at War (ugh), then they've probably got alot of reworking to do before it will be ready. 
  bcbully

Elite Member

12/20/12 11:00:21 AM#9
Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

Sadly they missed the mark with this one, by a lot.

Trion support.

Elder Scrolls Online vs Wildstar Mass PvP you decide.

BadSpock

Hard Core Member

Logic be damned!

12/20/12 11:03:45 AM#10

Never even touched my radar - no interest in MMORTS personally.

It's got to be hard balancing continued support and expansion of RIFT and I'm sure they've got a LOT riding on Defiance and their deal with SyFy.

Best of luck Trion.

Now Playing: D3:RoS, Watch Dogs
Looking Towards: Destiny

lizardbones

Elite Member

I've become dependent upon spell check. My apologies for stupid grammatical errors.

12/20/12 11:08:34 AM#11

Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

They weren't developing the game in house, they had another developer doing it. I would assume they outsourced the development because they didn't have enough staff in house to produce three games at the same time.

That developer folded on the game, so Trion had to bring development back in house if they wanted to see the game finished. They've laid some people off so it's not likely they have enough people to complete development on the game along with the final stretch of working on Defiance. They'll probably start development on the game back up soon after Defiance releases.

For every large, complex problem, there is a simple, clear solution that also happens to be absolutely wrong.