Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Skyforge | Hearthstone

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,729 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,249
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » Hackers ruin yet another fps game...sigh

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
53 posts found
  fenistil

Novice Member

2/29/12 8:05:29 AM#41
Originally posted by RefMinor
Originally posted by Rokurgepta
Originally posted by TruthXHurts
Originally posted by BigWaagh

Gold rounds the only thing that you can buy that makes a difference.  Doesn't make a bad player a good one though.

It can make a good player a really good one though.

All gold rounds do is penetrate more. They do not improve accuracy. This game is not pay to win nor is there an abundance of hacks. There are a lot of people who do not understand many game mechanics and zince they fail to understand they tend to yell hack a lot, but thats just failure on many players part to understand.

More penetration is an advantage so if gold rounds are purchasable with RL cash then it's p2w. Simple logic 101.

Agreed. It is astounding that some people try to somehow twist that gold round is not p2w.  By this logic everything that is not big red button "I win / I kill you" is not p2w lol

zymurgeist

Hard Core Member

2/29/12 8:13:44 AM#42
Originally posted by fenistil

Gold rounds the only thing that you can buy that makes a difference.  Doesn't make a bad player a good one though.

All gold rounds do is penetrate more. They do not improve accuracy. This game is not pay to win nor is there an abundance of hacks. There are a lot of people who do not understand many game mechanics and zince they fail to understand they tend to yell hack a lot, but thats just failure on many players part to understand.

More penetration is an advantage so if gold rounds are purchasable with RL cash then it's p2w. Simple logic 101.

Agreed. It is astounding that some people try to somehow twist that gold round is not p2w.  By this logic everything that is not big red button "I win / I kill you" is not p2w lol

It's just a more direct way of saying the same thing. It's a significant cash advantage which I find unacceptable.  Buying wins is beyond lame.

"Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

wartyxwt

Novice Member

2/29/12 8:19:12 AM#43

EH if you can't win without gold rounds I very much doubt having them will make any difference, I tried them, it was such a negligable difference I used them and never bought any more. Waste of money for sure. You can scrap and argue that this makes the game P2Win but it just makes you look stupid. P2geta0.0000001%advatage..

Anyway, well no doubt a hack was going to happen but it will get busted. I have never experianced any cheating since it went live. Not denying it happened, but no need to be so up in arms, too much of the game is server side, it's not DF lmao.

BloodyViking

Apprentice Member

2/29/12 8:27:58 AM#44

I have about 30k battles (20k+ through beta, 10k after release). I have never seen anyone cheat like OP describes. The only issue has been the artillery tracer-tracking and the custom-skins with hitboxes.

I call BS on OP.

wartyxwt

Novice Member

2/29/12 10:01:36 AM#45

OK, up until now I'd never heard of custom skins, I don't visit the forums or look at much videos, probably why.. Um, how on earth can anyone manage to play with them? I'd rather be the worst player in all of WoT than look at that shite polluting my screen. Looks like utter crap with bright pink turrets and skulls, luminous green ammo..

Rokurgepta

Novice Member

2/29/12 9:59:17 PM#46
Originally posted by fenistil

I am astounded that people think gold rounds make such a huge difference. zthey will not make a bad player good. A player with a 40% hit ratio is not going to be good because of gold rounds. Calling them pay to win is simply exaggerating the truth. Gold rounds are more like pay to penetrate. They do NOT make you a better player they just let you penetrate things you might bounce other wise. Personally they could remove them today and it would have zero effect on my gameplay but in truth they have zero effect now since I dont worry if other players use them or not. Bad players are not made good through this and to me play to win is just that. A crappy player being able to out spend others and get equipment that makes up for his lack of skill. Nothing in WOT has that effect and to ME that is what pay2win is. Others may have a different opinion on what that term means.

Rokurgepta

Novice Member

2/29/12 10:01:33 PM#47

Its a minor advantage and one that might only make a difference between near equally skilled opponents. In the broader view that includes poor players its not making winners out of bad players and to me that is what pay2win can do. Give an advantage in equipment that makes a lesser player seem good. Again that is my opinion of the term pay2win. Not all share that view.

Dojen

Novice Member

3/04/12 9:02:07 PM#48
Originally posted by Gravarg

Is it just me or does it seem that every FPS comes to this eventually.  I just finished a game with my tier 10 Maus with a Light tank that took 0 damage and killed everyone in 1 shot lol....gotta hate cheaters, get a life.

I don't mind, since he was on my team, free win, but still com'on man.  3 second game ftl :(

This is pure BS. There are no hacks; it's all server side. I've played over 6k battles.

Magnetia

Hard Core Member

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

3/04/12 9:29:01 PM#49

Buying gold rounds won't help you if you play badly.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

Yizle

Novice Member

3/07/12 11:07:05 PM#50
Originally posted by Gravarg

Is it just me or does it seem that every FPS comes to this eventually.  I just finished a game with my tier 10 Maus with a Light tank that took 0 damage and killed everyone in 1 shot lol....gotta hate cheaters, get a life.

I don't mind, since he was on my team, free win, but still com'on man.  3 second game ftl :(

I would like to see a screenshot or the replay from your comp too. I have not been playing since beta or anything but have put in a few months and never seen this unless its taking out a light/med from a high ranking heavy or an arty landing a good hit.

Edit: Also if this is true in any way why did you not SS it and send it to WoT for them to ban the account?

User Deleted
3/07/12 11:19:17 PM#51

Have played close to 7k games, and the only "hacks" was causing the arty tracers staying longer and being coloured, anything of any import is handled server side as too the OP, screenies or it's bull*, they have a video record function so you could even record the whole battle, a 3sec battle is so much houee it's not even funny.

Sounds to me like someone got owned and is now crying

saker

Hard Core Member

Make a WORLD,
Not a Game.

3/17/12 8:26:21 PM#52

Don't know about hacks though I wouldn't be remotely surprised. I do know that past the first "tiers" this is a pos game, 9 times out of 10 the wallet-warriors with their invisible tanks will win in any higher "tier" "match" (over 6 or 7). The only "tiers" worth playing are the lower ones, only ones there's any semblance of "balance". I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the much hated "Match-maker" is working exactly as intended. Every single solitary "design decision" in this game is purely to get you to spend on their "gold", anything like "balance", "fairness", not a consideration. I will personally never spend one red cent on a pay-to-win wallet-warrior game, ever.

Cosack

Novice Member

4/15/12 10:31:14 PM#53
Originally posted by saker

Don't know about hacks though I wouldn't be remotely surprised. I do know that past the first "tiers" this is a pos game, 9 times out of 10 the wallet-warriors with their invisible tanks will win in any higher "tier" "match" (over 6 or 7). The only "tiers" worth playing are the lower ones, only ones there's any semblance of "balance". I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the much hated "Match-maker" is working exactly as intended. Every single solitary "design decision" in this game is purely to get you to spend on their "gold", anything like "balance", "fairness", not a consideration. I will personally never spend one red cent on a pay-to-win wallet-warrior game, ever.

The so-called "wallet-warriors" don't get invisible tanks and just 'cos someone has a better tank doesn't make him a better tanker.

Regarding "Gold",  nobody is forced to buy gold, that choice is purely personal and doesn't impact on the matches.

Lower tiered battles are more about frustration for any experienced players........noobs dying quickly for no reason, etc. Higher tiered battles are about patience.......How does the saying go........'Only fools rush in.......'

I agree that the match-maker could be better at times but good/bad teams balance out in the long run.

Maybe you should give the game the time it deserves.........they have to be doing something right with so many people playing regularly!

Irishgeezah Xfire Miniprofile
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search