Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,574 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,958
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » Typical community type forum rules with these devs ignores typical feedback

6 posts found
  angriff

Apprentice Member

OP  10/24/10 9:35:42 AM#1

Nobody is debating the right of game devs to take their own feedback and community and massage it into what nothing but postive and along the lines of their own thinking.  It was a common practice in real in Russia not very much long ago.  It is a common practice with small US dev teams.  The only ones that dont seem to do this are the Japanese types and typically Sony Online.  In the case of the World of Tanks they fall into the former description and choose to prevent feedback that is not necessarily in line with their own ideas of how the game should progress.  Why not you are set on that course and basically it is meaningless to take in ideas that would change the production schedule.  In some cases devs have realized that this is their customer's or potential customers speaking and the idead and thoughts being professes are indeed genuine.  In some cases the tact of the game development has changed to meet the reality of the customer and that stabilized the niche groups that keep these games running, case in point Battle Ground Europe where the dev team after years of developement painted themselves in a corner with mechanics that nobody wanted to use.  They then were faced with dwindling population and the need to rewrite large amounts of code to stabilize the niche population.  They lost a huge following in the delay to create the game that the paying customers really wanted to play.  Sony Online has such a huge budget that they can adjust almost at will during the life of a game like Planetcide and facilitate quick reactions to the market. 

WOT devs have not reached this realization yet  and are still bent on removing suggestion or arguments banning players for posting repeated crys for change now before it is too late.  It is their , game but hey their game is paid for by players who will eventually be asked to pay.  This, one woould think, make them realize that those that are talking to them now are attempting to make the game something they would pay a subscription for before it is set in stone.  But when you look at the project plan and predetermined specification all the time sometimes it is hard to realize that a small tweak or adjustment that is not written in that startup specification can be worth the effort to change.

Thank God for public freespeech forums like MMORPG.  Where the true picture of a game and its true worth to suscribe can be found even if you have to sift through opinions and counter opinions.

cludinsk

Novice Member

10/25/10 11:06:48 AM#2

So they lock new threads whining about the same things other people have already posted, big deal. Did you notice tanitha suggested where you can post about your arty rage after locking your thread:

For example there is a (3640 post/ 183 page) thread on arty's already in place. So discussion on arty's needs to be kept into there, we cant have 1000's of new threads made on the same few topics. The forums would just be a huge mess, that the developers could never wade through.

There is a difference between making constructive posts/suggestions about an issue, and spazzing on the forums. I have my own issues with arty and have posted suggestions... it doesn't mean I rant endlessly about how fail the game is unless the devs listen to me. But keep it up and see how far that gets you, becuase U R RITE.

angriff

Apprentice Member

OP  10/25/10 9:17:39 PM#3
Originally posted by cludinsk

So they lock new threads whining about the same things other people have already posted, big deal. Did you notice tanitha suggested where you can post about your arty rage after locking your thread:

For example there is a (3640 post/ 183 page) thread on arty's already in place. So discussion on arty's needs to be kept into there, we cant have 1000's of new threads made on the same few topics. The forums would just be a huge mess, that the developers could never wade through.

There is a difference between making constructive posts/suggestions about an issue, and spazzing on the forums. I have my own issues with arty and have posted suggestions... it doesn't mean I rant endlessly about how fail the game is unless the devs listen to me. But keep it up and see how far that gets you, becuase U R RITE.

Well we can also see how far it will take them because THEY B RITE.  What you posted is not what the thread was about.  It was about how devs can take their Forums too seriously and massage it so that people only see their viewpoint.  That post was about other threads that I have read that suddenly dissappeared or the general nature of the threads all that reamins besides the hug numbers of stickies are threads about how the game is so wonderful.  The feedback forums look just like someone's personal file cabinet., all neat, clearn of one viewpoint.  Obviously tanitha's.  

The moral to the story is do they want to be a small niche group game dev company or something that lights up the world?  Often they are not brave enough.  The Japanese have no such social stygmas.

Cirn0

Novice Member

THE STRONGEST!!!

10/26/10 9:03:24 AM#4

Obviously, its easier to tell people to fuck off than to think and do something themselves.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

warmaster670

Novice Member

10/26/10 9:06:59 AM#5
Originally posted by angriff

Thank God for public freespeech forums like MMORPG.  Where the true picture of a game and its true worth to suscribe can be found even if you have to sift through opinions and counter opinions.

ROFL, hate to break it to you, but free speach doesnt exist here, you post by MMORPG.coms rules, they could ban you for saying The if they wanted.

People think they have free speech on private websites lol, its just like if you walked into someones house they could kick you out for saying anything they want.

Probably just a bunch of spam, mmo players seem to get pretty butthurt when mods delete posts that have 1000 threads alrady on the subject.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

angriff

Apprentice Member

OP  10/26/10 7:11:07 PM#6
Originally posted by warmaster670
Originally posted by angriff

ROFL, hate to break it to you, but free speach doesnt exist here, you post by MMORPG.coms rules, they could ban you for saying The if they wanted.

People think they have free speech on private websites lol, its just like if you walked into someones house they could kick you out for saying anything they want.

Probably just a bunch of spam, mmo players seem to get pretty butthurt when mods delete posts that have 1000 threads alrady on the subject.

Well aren't you two girles in character if not in real too.  Remember women have a backbone.

At least here they want to communicate if the Devs are attempting to develope a game that gamers want.  They are not necessarily a spam site for fanboi or dev feelings about how popular their game is to themselves