Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Black Gold | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,244 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,188,233
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » This game is Mario Kart TANKER - Wasted Effort there

11 posts found
  angriff

Apprentice Member

OP  10/12/10 9:44:02 PM#1

Always moving to avoid SPG .. huge vision satellite view from Gheydar for SPG.  UBER pzii RUNNING around fring at everything knowing they cant be hit if they move.  Unrealistic 4 to 8 hits to get their hit score low enought to kill. 

The game is a complete waste of time unless you are into Mario Kart Shootem up.  There is no historical realism in this capture the flag only game with about 3 maps.

This game will make money buy intial subscriptions that quickly turn over as players find that the game is boring and unhistorical anything but the artwork of the tank.  Sit still in your ATG to try to ambush and a tank moving within 1000000 yards of you gets a dot on his gheydar that you are there.  Then some noob in a artillery can fire from his satellite view  where you cant be seen.  

Complete waste of effort here. Deadend for sure. 

udon

Hard Core Member

10/12/10 9:48:24 PM#2
There is a four main tank arcade game I have played from time to time where you are on the red/green sides with NPC tank mates in a free for all match.  This game reminds me a lot of that game.  It’s a great deal of fun for what it is.

What I think you want is World War II online.  I have not played the game in years but it has everything you complained about.
  Jimmac

Advanced Member

10/12/10 9:56:40 PM#3
Originally posted by udon
There is a four main tank arcade game I have played from time to time where you are on the red/green sides with NPC tank mates in a free for all match.  This game reminds me a lot of that game.  It’s a great deal of fun for what it is.

What I think you want is World War II online.  I have not played the game in years but it has everything you complained about.

T Mek? 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mek

T Mek was awesome. I can't imagine this World of Tanks game is better than T Mek. 

angriff

Apprentice Member

OP  10/12/10 10:00:40 PM#4

Sorry while WWII Online is close their devs really do not have the ability to make the game like that.  They had people that could do it but they either left for more money .  Those that are left are pretty much just a bunch of book keepers or hangerons that have a piece of the action.

udon

Hard Core Member

10/12/10 10:43:27 PM#5
Originally posted by angriff

Sorry while WWII Online is close their devs really do not have the ability to make the game like that.  They had people that could do it but they either left for more money .  Those that are left are pretty much just a bunch of book keepers or hangerons that have a piece of the action.

I had a lot of fun roaming the country side in WWII Online many years ago in a Panzer trying to get the drop on the French/British tanks.  The graphics left a lot to be desired but the gameplay was a lot of fun.  I got burned out after awhile and just stopped playing and never went back.  I have heard a lot of strategic things where added to try and develop more organization but I don’t know what has changed with the gameplay other than a major graphics engine upgrade.
  cludinsk

Novice Member

10/13/10 12:31:18 PM#6

Always moving to avoid SPG .. huge vision satellite view from Gheydar for SPG.  UBER pzii RUNNING around fring at everything knowing they cant be hit if they move.  Unrealistic 4 to 8 hits to get their hit score low enought to kill. 

The game is a complete waste of time unless you are into Mario Kart Shootem up.  There is no historical realism in this capture the flag only game with about 3 maps.

This game will make money buy intial subscriptions that quickly turn over as players find that the game is boring and unhistorical anything but the artwork of the tank.  Sit still in your ATG to try to ambush and a tank moving within 1000000 yards of you gets a dot on his gheydar that you are there.  Then some noob in a artillery can fire from his satellite view  where you cant be seen.  

Complete waste of effort here. Deadend for sure. 

u mad bro?

play ww2online and sit around for hours waiting for a fight, only to get killed by a sapper or plane you never see. that fun for you? most of my time in a tank in ww2online was spent moving tanks from production centers to the front line.

WoT is 15 minute intense matches. yes, this makes it arcade-ish. it's also fun. if you don't like it, play something else.

angriff

Apprentice Member

OP  10/14/10 9:14:47 AM#7

THis game has worse net code than skating infantry in WWII Online.  Here the tanks jump back and forth blink it is here blink it is 20 feet to theright.  Then when they get close it is circle circle circle bunny hopping.  As if tanks of this error fired moving at 45 mph.  Basically this is just an arcade game put your quarters in and get equally bored.

maji

Spotlight Poster

10/14/10 9:17:24 AM#8

I think the game is fun. I play it every now and then, a few matches,  I have quite some fun and then I'm off sometime later. And if I have fun the game is good. Of course once the paying starts to kick in, I'll have to reevaluate how much worth the fun is for me, but why worry about that now?

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

10/14/10 9:18:57 AM#9

" Nein "

Da Wonderbar

Whered he go !

" Got Him "

warmaster670

Novice Member

10/29/10 10:14:19 AM#10

THis game has worse net code than skating infantry in WWII Online.  Here the tanks jump back and forth blink it is here blink it is 20 feet to theright.  Then when they get close it is circle circle circle bunny hopping.  As if tanks of this error fired moving at 45 mph.  Basically this is just an arcade game put your quarters in and get equally bored.

Huh, imagine that, a game that isnt trying, at all to be a realistic tank sim, isnt a tank sim.

This is shocking, shocking news, what are you gonna tell me next, CoD isnt a war sim? coolking mama isnt a food preperation sim? cause im not sure i could handle this shocking new information.

Next you're gonna tell me that WW2 wasnt fought purely with tanks.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

username509

Novice Member

11/07/10 9:47:57 AM#11

What are you talking about?  This is not a "tank" racing game.

Also this game is fairly popular even though it's still in beta.  I'm predicting it will be a blockbuster...

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!