Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Black Desert

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,811 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,547
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » Usage review of the PzKw3 vs the VK1602.

5 posts found
  Styij

Novice Member

OP  9/28/10 6:47:40 PM#1
PZKw 3 vs. VK1602 Leopard fantasy tank.

In World of Artillery the scout tank line ends with the mythical VK1602 aka the Leopard. I say mythical because as you history types know the VK1602 never made it to production or even finishing of the first prototype. It’s primary role was superseded by a special version of the medium tank PzKw 5 or Panther which was deemed just as capable, more powerful and better equipped then poor leopard which shared the Panthers sloped armor technology. As in real life in WoA the Leopards role, like many of the tanks, is limited to pretty much just having a nice shinny in your garage. I say this as from personal experience the PzKw 3 is superior or equivalent to the Leopard in nearly every aspect.

The Pz3 was very much a real world mass produced medium-ish tank designed originally to compliment the PzKw 4 as a tank killer and the Pz4 was to be an infantry support tank. In application though, their roles actually flip flopped. Because of the greatly increased threat of better and better allied tanks the Pz3 was too small to accommodate the larger and larger guns required to “knock out” these tanks. The Pz4 on the other hand had a larger turret ring and was able to accommodate these newer guns. Thus, there roles changed and the Pz4 became Germany’s primary medium tank through out the war supplemented later by the newer models of Panther and Tiger. The Pz3 was relegated to the infantry support roles. I hope I got the history right I’m not a big time tank historian.

In WoA the Pz3 is a medium tank that is almost instantly eclipsed by its higher tiered brethren. In a game that stuffs a few dozen fighting vehicles on a patch of ground about a Kilometer square with at least 50 to 80 percent of the sides composed of high tier tanks and SPGs there is no where for little Pz3 or VK1602 to hide. Requiring multiple to many shots from these Panzers to kill the heavies, constant movement is the game for the Pz3 and VK1602. Since both tanks share the same 5cm hyper velocity gun neither is in advantage over the other, although the Pz3’s turret traverse is faster than the Leopard-noticeably so, this is an important stat on a “fast mover”. The Leopard enjoys a slim top speed advantage of about 4Kph over the Pz3 but in use it is not even noticed. The leopard also has a turn base advantage over the Pz3 but unlike the Pz3 it robs the Leopard of most of its velocity resulting in a quick trip to the spectator box thanks usually to multiple SPG hits or fast turret heavy tanks. Pz3 turns wider but maintains a great deal more of its energy doing it. It also climbs gradients faster which extends the Pz3’s life longer due to the ever present threat of SPG doom. The Pz3 has more armor and is a larger target than Leopard but Leopard has sloped armor like the Panther designs. In application this seems to add a fraction to the Leopards survivability versus lower end guns but since the vast amount of heavy tanks and SPGs in every match at this tier the advantage is nullified as if any of them so much as breathes on you or you lose a track it means instant death. The Leopard has a 40 meter viewing range advantage over venerable Pz3 but at 60 Kph on a 1 Km battlefield that, in use, has meant very little. The Pz3 has a slightly better top ranked radio than Leopard. The greatest difference between these tanks is the price tag. The Leopard cost 255,000 coins while the Pz3 costs a mere fraction of that.

At the end of the match the Pz3 is as good or better than the Leopard in game play and the price difference alone makes it a better buy.  

Next time: Hetzer er...JagdPanzer 38 or land whale of frustration???

Cirn0

Novice Member

THE STRONGEST!!!

9/30/10 12:05:12 PM#2

Actually mmorpg.com isnt the best place to post stuff like that and on forums.worldoftanks.com you'd get minused to -274C. Leopard is the best light tank in WoT (read imba tank), ask anyone who've played the game long enough and knows how to evade shots on light or medium tank (SPGs killing you? lol... full speed with one side facing them and you can ignore them (coz autoaim sux)). Leopards armor protects him against other light tanks and them, togather with low level artillery are best counters, thus you have to fear either medium tanks or artillery, pretty nice, eh? And, for gods sake, scout and shoot only artillery, dont f*cking try to kill other tanks other than lights on your base, maybe youll spend less time spectating and whining here.

p.s. If you hate SPGs so much, go for a medium tank (I prefer T-34-85 or T-44), shoot the threads, rape from behind... profit!

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

Styij

Novice Member

OP  9/30/10 4:47:44 PM#3
Originally posted by Vesper11

Actually mmorpg.com isnt the best place to post stuff like that and on forums.worldoftanks.com you'd get minused to -274C. Leopard is the best light tank in WoT (read imba tank), ask anyone who've played the game long enough and knows how to evade shots on light or medium tank (SPGs killing you? lol... full speed with one side facing them and you can ignore them (coz autoaim sux)). Leopards armor protects him against other light tanks and them, togather with low level artillery are best counters, thus you have to fear either medium tanks or artillery, pretty nice, eh? And, for gods sake, scout and shoot only artillery, dont f*cking try to kill other tanks other than lights on your base, maybe youll spend less time spectating and whining here.

p.s. If you hate SPGs so much, go for a medium tank (I prefer T-34-85 or T-44), shoot the threads, rape from behind... profit!

I can't believe you are actually trolling my review with your fanboi speculation. Everything in your post is inaccurate except the keep moving part.

1. I have had SPGs one shot me from half a map away in a leo and Pz3 moving at speeds above 50 kph and at right angles to them and zig zagging. If you actually played enough in those classes of vehicle you would experience this as well troll.

2. I have been killed plenty by 5cm guns as well as the 7.5cm Pz3 guns on side hits in both the Pz3 and your precious VK1602. When the field is covered in three or four enemy tanks your only hope of survival is your speed and vector changes. Then there is the heavy or TD that is sitting in a bush waiting a couple hundred meters away that you cant detect yet. How you going to avoid them troll...telepathy? Before you come back and say you shouldn't be mixed up with three or four enemy that means you are sitting at the base waiting for your team to fight the enemy. Any tank that is not actively scouting or shooting is at that moment a drain on the teams resources you baiting camper.

3. Scout and shoot only artillery makes you next to worthless in the opening fights of the match. Both of these tanks when equipped with the 5cm hyper velocity gun are capable of killing lights and mediums using the circle technique and yesterday in a Pz3 I killed one of your T-44s on an elevated rear deck shot. Kill arty...well duh.

4. My speculation and whinning? troll. I presented my argument, discussed the facts derived from first hand experience and concluded it with a restatement of the only logical conclussion...of course it appears that your grasp of the english language is..."lacking" anyway so what are we to expect.

Cirn0

Novice Member

THE STRONGEST!!!

10/03/10 2:23:59 AM#4

I'm not really a fanboi as you say it (you do love badmouthing). Though I liked the game I hate inability to play with my friends, thus I dont play it now.

1. Played, A-20 and Leo, both of them are good (you can add PzIII to the list), but I prefer Leo. You CAN be killed, but moving while predicting when you are going to be shot saves your ass (I played arty a bit too). Maybe its your hands needs fixing (having them growing out of one's ass doesnt help). Also I've never told you that it garantuees your survival, but it helps a lot.

2. Experience. You'll learn where to expect enemy tanks, and where its "safer" to move. And while you are getting killed by these puny tanks, your arty smashes them to peices, isnt it sweet?

3. Yes you can kill lights to protect arties, but other than that, shooting other than artillery (which is the nemesis of your teams heavies) is a waste of time and DRAIN on your team. Without artillery heavy can get out from behind the rock and go pwn some mediums, and they do it much better than any PzIII or other light tank.

I killed a 100% IS-2 on PzIV (105mm gun) being a few meters away from it, so what? It only proves that IS-2 player was a f*cking noob. And how exactly did you kill him? He was busy getting smashed by King Tiger? And you finished the 3% with your glorious rear shot? I'd prefer a dead artillery rather than a 20% less hp t-44. Also, having a t-44 (pre wipe), I experienced ass biting from light tanks, annoying, nothing more. 85mm teaches them to respect higher tier tanks.

4. Objection! You, sir, are a whiner!

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

Khalathwyr

Tipster

Google is your friend.

10/03/10 2:41:12 AM#5

I've seen plenty of guys zooming along in those Leopards and staying up the whole game (if they are on the winning side). The only way I could see someone getting popped in those at long distance is if you are driving in a straight line directly or almost directly at tank or TD or in a straight line in general for an SPG. Just because you drive fast doesn't mena someone doesn't have the smarts to lead you alot and let you run into the shot (again, driving in a straight line).

Like the other guy said, if you zig zag and only engage SPG (and don't get fragged by your own SPGs) they you can turn the tide of a fight. BUt if you're playing with SPG people who don't know what counter battery fire is and are just looking for a kill on a light or medium, well, life is harder.

That's why they need to incorporate an even more robust grouping system.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Kickstarter 1 / Naysayers 0