Trending Games | Villagers and Heroes | World of Warcraft | Landmark | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,920,125 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,310,808
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » Sides Faction Based?

9 posts found
  Naral

Advanced Member

OP  8/19/10 10:54:14 PM#1

I suspect this is answered somewhere, but I am curious...when I go into a match in, say,  a T-34 will I be fighting German tanks only, or will I be facing whatever tank from whatever faction the players on the other side happen to pick?

Assuming it is a historical free for all, can you set up matches with friends, so that theoretically you could create at least pseudo historical fights?

Cirn0

Novice Member

THE STRONGEST!!!

8/20/10 4:36:04 PM#2

Originally posted by Naral
I suspect this is answered somewhere, but I am curious...when I go into a match in, say,  a T-34 will I be fighting German tanks only, or will I be facing whatever tank from whatever faction the players on the other side happen to pick?
Assuming it is a historical free for all, can you set up matches with friends, so that theoretically you could create at least pseudo historical fights?

Devs said there will be mixed matches only (like they always do: right now we are not planning to make game faction based), though if you find enough people, you can create some kind of a historical battle.

IZI MODO?! Ha-ha-ha!

Dinendae

Novice Member

8/23/10 3:24:54 AM#3

As it currently stands, they said that you will have mixed forces for most battles, but they will do some historical battles as well from time to time.

"Oh my, how horrible, someone is criticizing a MMO. Oh yeah, that is what a forum is about, looking at both sides. You rather have to be critical of anything in this genre as of late because the track record of these major studios has just been appalling." -Ozmodan

Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

9/01/10 3:42:02 PM#4

Faction fighting(not ffa pvp) would be a major player attraction  IMO.

maji

Spotlight Poster

9/02/10 7:05:25 AM#5

I don't mind mixed battles.

Otherwise we'd end up such as in games as in WoW. Where on some Realms the battle starts with one team consisting of 8 people and the other of 15, because they are not equally popular. And starting such a fight is a pretty depressing thing if you are that outnumbered.

Mixed battles solve that problem.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

Ichmen

Apprentice Member

hatred enriches.life is a prison, death a release.

9/13/10 3:55:48 AM#6

the beta right now has random matching. you can make private "training" matches to fight faction based from what i understand. 

later patches/versions may add in historical battles of german vs allies. but for now you have german/russian vs german/russian

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
Evga GeForce 670 FTW
Evga P55 SLI

<

cludinsk

Novice Member

10/06/10 11:23:22 AM#7

they are definitely planning on adding in historical battles, and battles limited to certain tank eras (like 1941).

for now it's mixed. there will be 15 vrs 15 team battles soon, with preset teams, so people will have the option of playing faction only battles if they want that way.

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

10/06/10 11:28:33 AM#8

" Auctung " Vee Hummel Vill Vee watching Vou.

redcap036

Apprentice Member

10/06/10 11:35:29 AM#9

Historically they had mixed tanks in world war two, German forces would quite often use captured Russian tanks and Russians would use captured German, not  to mention the lend least tanks of the allied forces, Russians in shermans!

....I do a lot of table top ww2 gaming.