Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,727 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,276
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » Whats the learning curve of this game?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
22 posts found
  Itsabouteconomics

Novice Member

1/09/14 9:44:57 AM#21

I started playing the game back in may of last year.  Still learning the game.  It can make you rage at the monitor or laugh at it the next match. 

Because of its ability to randomly place you in battles against 29 other people,  you have 14 teammates but are really trying to also get the better of them,  you may end up with the most skilled teammates ever combined or the dregs of tankdom.

There will be games where it'll be your final play, the last shot of the game,  that will earn you praise or the noob label from your team. 

Yea,  its high, dont let these other posters fool you.

RandomDown

Novice Member

1/09/14 9:59:03 AM#22

To explain how the spotting and view range works, mechanics wise:

Each tank has several individual spotting points on it where it will look through, hence being able to spot while only peaking the front of the tank and not the turret out etc. 

Regardless of View Range, you can NOT spot beyond 425 meters. The game does no check for it beyond that range. What that means is this: View Range is the range you can see spotted tanks by other players.

View Range and the ability to spot are modified by various skills and modules modified by an opposing tanks camo values. So in theory you could be 300 meters away but if you have 310 View Range and it is a Russian TD (some of the best camo values in the game) modified by the camo skill and net, you wouldn't be able to see them without the appropriate mods and perks.

MM isn't broken. That guy likely doesn't understand and never bothered to read the post detailing the system. Likely played lights and complained that he got Scout MM.

If you have any other questions about mechanics feel free to ask, and if you want help or need a platoon to learn message me and I can give you my in game name.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search