Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | Destiny

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,710 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,585
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » A really great game

2 posts found
  Erxi

Novice Member

OP  8/25/13 6:31:55 AM#1

Just recently came across this game, and I think it is really good. I have played close to 1000 matches, and plan on continuing playing it. Here is why:

- Compared to traditional shooters, which are hectic and require fast reflexes and good mouse aiming, this game is much more about strategy - which suits my almost 40 year old brain well.

- The game has no grind. L2P takes much longer than unlocking tanks. You can pay real money for faster progression, but there is really not much point since it can make you progress ahead of your play skill. You could probably play your first 2k games at tier 1 without mastering it completely.

- For some reason getting rolfstomped as a nub in this game makes me want to play more, not less. 

- Each fight is quick and it does not take a huge time commitment to sit down and play.

- The rate of good vibes vs bad vibes in the chat is, atleast on the server I play on (EU2), pretty good.

- Each round is so unpredictable, it makes the game exciting. Yes, there are addons - I might try them.

As usual, mmorpg.com's forum is full of QQ-ers that realise the game sucks only AFTER having played the game for a really long time. Guys, seriously, if you don't enjoy playing it - stop, and move on!

ZoeMcCloskey

Advanced Member

INTJ, fun is fun except when it's not

8/25/13 6:34:02 AM#2

I agree, I am just over 12k battles and the game is still very fun.