Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | TERA: Rising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,733 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,307
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

World of Tanks Forum » General Discussion » World of Tanks goes "Free-To-Win", Kicks PayToWin Out --->

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
25 posts found
  Magnetia

Advanced Member

Any fool can know. The point is to understand.

6/23/13 12:54:31 AM#21
Originally posted by BizkitNL
I'lle start clapping when they remove "gold" ammo. Untill then....pssshhh.

Protip - I buy 'gold ammo' with silver now. Or did you miss that update because you were too busy plugging your ears?

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

ironhelix

Novice Member

6/25/13 3:53:34 AM#22
Originally posted by Magnetia
Originally posted by BizkitNL
I'lle start clapping when they remove "gold" ammo. Untill then....pssshhh.

Protip - I buy 'gold ammo' with silver now. Or did you miss that update because you were too busy plugging your ears?

Not only that, but gold ammo doesn't win games anyway. I have NEVER used it, and I do just fine. 

Betaguy

Hard Core Member

Some folks are like Slinkies, totally useless but great fun to watch when pushed down stairs

6/25/13 3:56:58 AM#23
Originally posted by BearKnight

Bam!

>>>>Link<<<<

Wargaming addressing the issue of Pay-To-Win, and the comments they make essentially insult other companies whom do PayToWin without meaning to. I love it :3!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you cutting all pay to win options?

Wargaming is a company delivering free-to-play online games, and we strongly believe that you can't provide a truly triple-A free-to-play experience without absolutely making sure all combat options are free of charge to all players. We don't want to nickel and dime our players -- we want to deliver gaming experiences and services that are based on the fair treatment of our players, whether they spend money in-game or not. 

The amount of time and effort payers and non-payers spend to succeed in-game may differ, but at the very least the list of accessible options at their disposal remain identical. 

Free-to-play games have the challenge of being sometimes viewed as low quality, and we want World of Tanks to serve as proof that a quality and balanced free-to-play game is possible. However, breaking down deeply-rooted stereotypes is no easy task. 

This isn't just about the game economics of World of Tanks, either. We aim to completely overhaul the free-to-play concept that exists as a whole in the gaming community by getting rid of the idea of "pay-to-win," ultimately helping lead what we consider the roll-out of "version 2.0" of free-to-play gaming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and in the upcoming patches we're seeing a nerf to artillery, added "Heavy" spall liners that go up to 30% defense against HE shells (more nerf vs artillery).

Accuracy for all tanks, except SPG's, is being increased (most notably TD's).

Camo is being reworked with camo-nets providing more cover, and bushes less. Base camo for all tanks is being reworked too. Essentially a major buff for TDs here.

Etc etc and so forth....

I love seeing a smaller company trump bigger ones. They win this round in my eyes, wish more followed suit.  I strongly agree with "Wargaming is a company delivering free-to-play online games, and we strongly believe that you can't provide a truly triple-A free-to-play experience without absolutely making sure all combat options are free of charge to all playersWe don't want to nickel and dime our players". 

MikeJezZ

Elite Member

Only in death, does duty end.

6/27/13 5:25:59 AM#24
When do they remove the p2w? Does any1 know?

Playing ATM: Elder Scrolls Online, Diablo 3
MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

cptndunsel

Advanced Member

6/27/13 2:43:25 PM#25
Originally posted by Betaguy
Originally posted by BearKnight

Bam!

>>>>Link<<<<

Wargaming addressing the issue of Pay-To-Win, and the comments they make essentially insult other companies whom do PayToWin without meaning to. I love it :3!

Why are you cutting all pay to win options?

Wargaming is a company delivering free-to-play online games, and we strongly believe that you can't provide a truly triple-A free-to-play experience without absolutely making sure all combat options are free of charge to all players. We don't want to nickel and dime our players -- we want to deliver gaming experiences and services that are based on the fair treatment of our players, whether they spend money in-game or not. 

The amount of time and effort payers and non-payers spend to succeed in-game may differ, but at the very least the list of accessible options at their disposal remain identical. 

Free-to-play games have the challenge of being sometimes viewed as low quality, and we want World of Tanks to serve as proof that a quality and balanced free-to-play game is possible. However, breaking down deeply-rooted stereotypes is no easy task. 

This isn't just about the game economics of World of Tanks, either. We aim to completely overhaul the free-to-play concept that exists as a whole in the gaming community by getting rid of the idea of "pay-to-win," ultimately helping lead what we consider the roll-out of "version 2.0" of free-to-play gaming.

Oh, and in the upcoming patches we're seeing a nerf to artillery, added "Heavy" spall liners that go up to 30% defense against HE shells (more nerf vs artillery).

Accuracy for all tanks, except SPG's, is being increased (most notably TD's).

Camo is being reworked with camo-nets providing more cover, and bushes less. Base camo for all tanks is being reworked too. Essentially a major buff for TDs here.

Etc etc and so forth....

I love seeing a smaller company trump bigger ones. They win this round in my eyes, wish more followed suit.  I strongly agree with "Wargaming is a company delivering free-to-play online games, and we strongly believe that you can't provide a truly triple-A free-to-play experience without absolutely making sure all combat options are free of charge to all playersWe don't want to nickel and dime our players". 

** All 8.6 accomplished is as follows:

1. The so-called arty nerf is not really a nerf. Any player with a 100% crew is going to see an accuracy buff. Also - as match making has been adjusted, SPGs are now in much lower tier matches where they can easily 1-shot kill tanks. The only way to see this as a nerf is for players with untrained crew and/or players who don't know how to play SPGs.

2. The accuracy buff penalizes all players who went with specific tanks and guns based on their high accuracy. Now these players investment of time and effort to grind out a tank like the Panther are negated. As one of the ultimate sniper tanks, WG handicapped it in other areas to achieve balance. For example - the dmg/hit is low. Now roll forward - USSR tanks who have always have accuracy issues but have guns that hit hard will EQUAL the accuracy of the Panther with a gun that does 3-4x the dmg/hit. How is this at all fair to the Panther player who gets no compensation? His tank has just become irrelevant.

3. Ability to accurately hit while moving is a buff to light tanks who already had a huge speed advantage. They can now more easily circle-of-death a tank and hit every shot even without a vertical stabilizer.

WG claims about AAA experience, free to play for all (implying an equal experience for all), not wanting to nickel and dime people are all a load of spin.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search