Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Shroud of the Avatar | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,282 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,393
Wargaming.net | Play Now
MMOTPS | Genre:Historical | Status:Final  (rel 04/12/11)  | Pub:Wargaming.net
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
61 posts found
  MMOGamer71

Elite Member

5/18/12 8:08:20 AM#41
Originally posted by treysmooth
Originally posted by MMOGamer71
Originally posted by hardicon

pretty much everything you just said is completely and utterly false, so i guess you dont have much time in the game.  ive been playing for almost a year with nearly 20k battles and most of what you are saying are the inexperienced player complaints.

2.  7.2 only addressed one issue with the matchmaker, and that is after a certain number of battles of being low tier then you will get a match where you are top tier.  7.3 changed the mm for tier 5 heavies so they no longer see tier nine or higher tanks.  its a step in a positive direction and is getting better with small tweaks almost every single patch.  not to mention it is not that bad in the first place.  i play tier 5 and 6s all the time and get mostly decent matchmaking.

sorry to see you arent liking the game, but at least try to list factual information about a game.

No issue with MatchMaker shafting Tier 5 through 7, they only wrote code that after giving you the shaft X amount of games you get 1 competetive game.

Its funny you are spot on despite the few apoligist that are in here.  The game is purposely bad with the mm for a couple reasons.  You enjoy yourself from lvl 1 to 4 so you get comfortable enough to spend money.  You hit tier 5 and god its awful, you can't pen most of the stuff out there in 4 out of 5 matches and this is when you decide do I wanna do this for 3 lvls or buy a tier 8 premium.  Being that I liked the game I bought the premium to farm credits and xp to bypass as much of tier 5 as I could to get to tier 6.  Tier 6 ends up no better.. now you grind painfully unable to often pen still most the tanks.  Tier 7 you start to get used to the brow beating the game has given you the last couple lvls.  You are now more passive but things are starting to feel a bit better.

Once I cleared 7 I started to enjoy the game more but your reward for a tier 9 or 10 heavy?   You get shoved into matches with 4 or 5 high tier arties on each side and everyone camps behind cover for 90 percent of the match.  Think artys aren't a problem in mass? Try getting 1 shotted in your is4 for the 5th time....(artys can 1 shot ammo rack a is4 easier than you would expect)

The game was designed for a far larger population and the lack of players means this will never improve.  The developers are not interested in the game being more enjoyable because the more painful lthey make it the more people will spend to try to avoid the problems.  Can't pen that tier x? use gold ammo!  can't stand that bad by design stock tank? convert free xp for real dollars!  At the games core its a cash grab by design so no the match making will never improve, its part of the financial model. 

Yeah WoT is one of those game you "wished" as better.

1)  I've found that the majority of players that support the current MM, at no fault of theirs,  bought their way out of Tier 5 thru 7 and have very little experience in those tiers.

2)  Current NA server population is majority Tier 5 and 6 played and make up 33% of the active battles, yet they still get "abused" by MM.  Tiers 8, 9 and 10 make up 22% of the active battles.  See posts here from Snib:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/91764-unofficial-na-server-statistics/page__fromsearch__1

3)  Both NA and EU servers official forums have stickied MM threads.  Both have the same complaints as well as possible (yet ignored) solutions.  NA has had up to 28K online while EU has had 100K online when I played on there.  Player population is not the issue, the issue is Tiers 5 thru 7 being used as a source of credits AND NOT a battlefield asset.

NA:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/123544-official-73-matchmaker-discussion/

EU:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/81214-official-matchmaking-feedback-thread/

treysmooth

Advanced Member

6/05/12 4:23:34 PM#42
The more I play the more I"ve learned to despise wargaming.  Its amateur hour over there at the studio.  The matchmaking is broken by design imo but it goes beyond that.  Try playing a tier 9 medium, no really,  I finally get to the t54 and so far I could tell who would win before a shot was fired.  Why? the weight system for the tanks is a joke, my t54 near stock is apparently equal to a elited e75.  It doesn' stop there, out of my first 5 matches my side was shorted heavies in 4 of the 5.  Shorted 2 heavies in 2 shorted 3 heavies in 1 shorted 4 heavies in the last.  In all 4 of those rounds it was a face roll, half my team being dead before the 12 min mark.  I stopped putting any money into the game and until they address mm I suggest we all do the same.

They act like they are trying to fix the matchmaking, they blame the fact that we have fewer playing than the russian servers.  When you really look into the situation you realize they are using the tier 5 to 7 as target practice for those that got past that point or those that are in their farm tanks.  Either way I promise you most all the people you see that have multiple tier 9's and 10's like me have spent money to get there and that is the business model.  If they make you unhappy enough in the tier 5 to tier 7 range you will either A. quit or B. spend money either way they get their cash or free up server space for possible paying customers.

Ktcraft

Apprentice Member

6/29/12 4:07:58 AM#43

My observation is that most of the matchmaking complaints here, are based on the inability to play a given tank.  My all time favorite tank is the Panzer 3/4, one of those Tier 5 tanks that supposedly gets shafted horribly by matchmaking.  I admit, I get matched in battles up to Tier 8 at times, and they can be rough, the key is simply adapting your playstyle to match.  The 3/4 of course, is a flexible tank, but the other tier 5 mediums are as well.  Light tanks for the most part are a non issue, the reason being. a light tank is not normally designed to engage heavies or act as bullet hoses, light tanks are there to provide sight and intel, as well as hunting arty at times. 

This is why a Tier 5 light tank can get matched in T10 battles, and the truth is, I've had and seen many battles in my T-50-2, or with a t-50-2 where, this one scout, this one tank determined the outcome of the battle purely through good scouting, didnt even have to fire a single shot.

Tier 6 is the roughest tier for MM by far, mainly because at that tier, you do not have the firepower to adequately engage tier 10s(for the most part), but can still get matched with them(if rarely). Far more commonly, it will get matched with T8 tanks, which you are more then capable of fighting.  Just know your tank- capitalize on your rate of fire in your E8, use the speed you have in your 3001H, you may have to play more conservatively, but it is easily doable.

As for the Russian bias, I think it comes back to playstyle.  Sure, an IS-3 may beat a King Tiger in a slug fest,  but the king tiger isnt designed to engage up close.  In fact, the large majority of T5-T9 german tanks are mid-long range support tanks, not CQC fighters, but do sport decent armor and good HP, and are not prone to ammo racking from taking hits from the front of the tank.  All too often, I'll take a hit to my front armor in my T-44, or 54 and find that my reload speed has gone from 7 seconds to 15. 

Arty has never really bothered me, but then again, I have always enjoyed playing scouts, and quick moving mediums, which can make very short work of arty.  Often times, the best way to counter arty is with arty, and if any of you are familiar with arty, you know that CB can change the outcome of a match.

Medium tanks may not seem very good to you compared to heavies, but once you see what medium tanks can do to a flank, you might change your opinion.  With the mobility, and flexibility they have, coordinated mediums, can exploit openings in a battle line very quickly and at times easily.  This can be limited by maps of course-maps that have funneled routes tend to favor the german sniper playstyle, which mobile mediums often do not perform well in, and so must adapt, other maps however(himmelsdorf) really screw arty and favor the medium flank charge.

BoudahXL

Novice Member

7/11/12 9:59:21 AM#44
Originally posted by treysmooth
Originally posted by hardicon

pretty much everything you just said is completely and utterly false, so i guess you dont have much time in the game.  ive been playing for almost a year with nearly 20k battles and most of what you are saying are the inexperienced player complaints.

2.  7.2 only addressed one issue with the matchmaker, and that is after a certain number of battles of being low tier then you will get a match where you are top tier.  7.3 changed the mm for tier 5 heavies so they no longer see tier nine or higher tanks.  its a step in a positive direction and is getting better with small tweaks almost every single patch.  not to mention it is not that bad in the first place.  i play tier 5 and 6s all the time and get mostly decent matchmaking.

sorry to see you arent liking the game, but at least try to list factual information about a game.

No issue with MatchMaker shafting Tier 5 through 7, they only wrote code that after giving you the shaft X amount of games you get 1 competetive game.

Its funny you are spot on despite the few apoligist that are in here.  The game is purposely bad with the mm for a couple reasons.  You enjoy yourself from lvl 1 to 4 so you get comfortable enough to spend money.  You hit tier 5 and god its awful, you can't pen most of the stuff out there in 4 out of 5 matches and this is when you decide do I wanna do this for 3 lvls or buy a tier 8 premium.  Being that I liked the game I bought the premium to farm credits and xp to bypass as much of tier 5 as I could to get to tier 6.  Tier 6 ends up no better.. now you grind painfully unable to often pen still most the tanks.  Tier 7 you start to get used to the brow beating the game has given you the last couple lvls.  You are now more passive but things are starting to feel a bit better.

Once I cleared 7 I started to enjoy the game more but your reward for a tier 9 or 10 heavy?   You get shoved into matches with 4 or 5 high tier arties on each side and everyone camps behind cover for 90 percent of the match.  Think artys aren't a problem in mass? Try getting 1 shotted in your is4 for the 5th time....(artys can 1 shot ammo rack a is4 easier than you would expect)

The game was designed for a far larger population and the lack of players means this will never improve.  The developers are not interested in the game being more enjoyable because the more painful lthey make it the more people will spend to try to avoid the problems.  Can't pen that tier x? use gold ammo!  can't stand that bad by design stock tank? convert free xp for real dollars!  At the games core its a cash grab by design so no the match making will never improve, its part of the financial model. 

Yeah WoT is one of those game you "wished" as better.

1)  I've found that the majority of players that support the current MM, at no fault of theirs,  bought their way out of Tier 5 thru 7 and have very little experience in those tiers.

2)  Current NA server population is majority Tier 5 and 6 played and make up 33% of the active battles, yet they still get "abused" by MM.  Tiers 8, 9 and 10 make up 22% of the active battles.  See posts here from Snib:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/91764-unofficial-na-server-statistics/page__fromsearch__1

3)  Both NA and EU servers official forums have stickied MM threads.  Both have the same complaints as well as possible (yet ignored) solutions.  NA has had up to 28K online while EU has had 100K online when I played on there.  Player population is not the issue, the issue is Tiers 5 thru 7 being used as a source of credits AND NOT a battlefield asset.

NA:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/123544-official-73-matchmaker-discussion/

EU:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/81214-official-matchmaking-feedback-thread/

Yes sadly, I say people should just stop paying and play for free tier 4-7 and that's it!!! Devs will notice and make changes to make interesting, but as long as the cash cow is working I see no resons for them to change their plans.

Domesto

Novice Member

7/18/12 4:23:04 PM#45

People really should do a little research into a company before they start giving it money. These devs are total a holes.

MMOGamer71

Elite Member

7/19/12 10:05:24 AM#46
Originally posted by Ktcraft

My observation is that most of the matchmaking complaints here, are based on the inability to play a given tank.  My all time favorite tank is the Panzer 3/4, one of those Tier 5 tanks that supposedly gets shafted horribly by matchmaking.  I admit, I get matched in battles up to Tier 8 at times, and they can be rough, the key is simply adapting your playstyle to match.  The 3/4 of course, is a flexible tank, but the other tier 5 mediums are as well.  Light tanks for the most part are a non issue, the reason being. a light tank is not normally designed to engage heavies or act as bullet hoses, light tanks are there to provide sight and intel, as well as hunting arty at times.

My observation is that most people like yourself fail to understand that the MM arguement is about being able to influence the battle in a given tank and has nothing with learning how to play, which happens to be the defense for MM.

Your arguement is like taking a level 70 in WoW and putting them in a level 80 BG. 

Learn to play right?

Mopar63

Advanced Member

7/20/12 7:48:54 AM#47

While there is some mess with the MM no doubt there is a reason if you understand gaming at all. The MM tends to be at it's worse during lulls in player base. What is happening is people are geting all set and launch for the MM to look for them a battle. It then looks across the various tanks within a set range in an effort to create a  battle. The problem is that if the player base at the time is low there is limited choices and combinations available.

Now there is an alternative but that involves longe queue times and could result in queues of as high as 5 to 10 minutes depending on the player base and tank selections. You think people are complaining now, imagine the roar if the queue times cranked up that hard. 

For a game developer this is a tough balance and the result will tick off someone no matter how you do it.

As for your comparision of a level 50 vs a level 80, this is a garbage comparision that is meaningless since in the traditional MMO designs the level 50 can never even damage the level 80. In WoT the lower tier can hurt the upper tier and even kill them with the right tactics. I atke a great deal of person pleasure of useling a Tier 5 light to kill T95 TDs. I race around them, making sure my artillery support has a target or failing that I use my speed to get behind him and sit there hammer on that weak rear armor.

The MM does need tweaking and WoT is addressing that but in the end while it can be a pain in the behind, it is better than the alternative.

User Deleted
10/13/12 11:49:53 PM#48

My problem with the game is Tank Destroyers.

Tank destroyers seems to really only be able to destroy tanks that are below or equal in tier. Problem is most of the time you have several heavy tanks that are several tiers above you.  Your Tank Destroyer gets sniped and one shot by a heavy who yourve been trying to shoot and hit, to no avail, that heavy had time to kill his target, retarget you and one shot you.

Its a situation that seems to get worse as you get higher up in the tiers, doesnt help that i chose the german td line, since they look awesome (imo).  Turns out that the TD's that germany made had really accurate guns (debatable compared imo) however the germans designed their TD to be unable to destroy tanks...odd right?  Also they are super visable, well armored but get one shot, and cant move well....hey im a giant sitting duck brick with a ton of armor and a really accurate gun that cant penetrate armor!

In fact the game really seems based around heavy tanks and artillery.  Heavies can snipe just as well as a TD, maybe not from as far but have survivability and mobility...they seem to have just as good if not better guns.  When im a TD in a high rank match the game plan is to try to last shot other peoples kills, since i wont be killing anything alone (especially with a good arty on the other team which will one shot you) by shooting it myself, i need to let the mobile heavies work them down then get a cheap last shot from the back...that or kill other TD's

Basically, if TD's are to lack mobility, survivability, a turret and ease of targeting...they should be close to what an arty can do, in terms of damage to heavy tanks...i mean they made TD's not to kill light tanks but to counter the serious heavy tank threats.

Anyway i really like the TD playstyle, but they rarely feel like something called a tank destroyer, seem more like tank+arty food.  Makes me wish i had grinded out heavy tank lines rather than assume the next tier the TD's would start being a serious threat.  Well TD's are a serious threat to other TD's and arty (if you can find the arty or shoot the other TD first)

Also seems they had the intention of a historically accurate game, and the tanks actually look fantastic, just the mechanics of the game, the MM system, and the tank "roles" seem out of whack.  And yes...you really do need to pay for a premium (p2p sub) as well as use the item mall for little things making the game more expensive than a p2p qiuckly.  You dont need to early on but later on you really get stuck, or will be forced to play several thousand games in order to get that next gun or tank...which suck when your a TD and one shot often.

And yes, i hang in the back and snipe on my TD, i dont do terrible in matches by numbers, since i last shot a lot, and yes i do fairly well against really dumb TD's Arties, light tanks that dont move, and medium tanks below my tier.  I just hide from most heavies since a lot of them ill watch my damage compared to the heavy taking him head on or sniping near me and i typically do lower damage, which again leaves me wondering why...

MMOGamer71

Elite Member

10/21/12 9:18:14 AM#49
Interesting  take on TDs Crunchy222, I always felt they where and still are the worst vehicles in the game for play balance.
  Nacario

Novice Member

The real world is roleplay and background noise

10/21/12 9:28:50 AM#50

I have to say overall your points OP seemes pretty spot on. I too have been wondering sometimes when tanks pop up, goes invis and then suddenly are in close range.

Edit: same goes to u crunchy222, I play a TD myself and felt the frustration

defector1968

Novice Member

Real Animal lovers are ONLY the vegetarians

10/21/12 9:37:17 AM#51
Originally posted by cptndunsel
3. National bias.  US tanks are well known for being under powered (in terms of damage they can deal) in the higher tiers and are forced into a support role.  German tanks are pretty aggressively nerfed in several ways.  They catch fire all the time, suffer module damage in pretty much every match, and generally under perform what you would expect.  France brings tanks and tech from the 1960s which completely borks the game for those in WWII tanks.  USSR dominates in top tiers.  Shock - its a Russian company after all.

all games do that (single and MMO), u cant beat the propaganda.

in some historical games the history turn to be the opossite from reality

OldMMOplayer

Novice Member

1/11/13 7:44:34 AM#52
Originally posted by defector1968
3. National bias.  US tanks are well known for being under powered (in terms of damage they can deal) in the higher tiers and are forced into a support role.  German tanks are pretty aggressively nerfed in several ways.  They catch fire all the time, suffer module damage in pretty much every match, and generally under perform what you would expect.  France brings tanks and tech from the 1960s which completely borks the game for those in WWII tanks.  USSR dominates in top tiers.  Shock - its a Russian company after all.

all games do that (single and MMO), u cant beat the propaganda.

in some historical games the history turn to be the opossite from reality

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/65256-unofficial-eu-server-statistics/

Average win ratio for all tanks of a nation combined:

• UK: 50.45%
  • US: 49.52%
  • RU: 49.19%
  • FR: 49.15%
  • DE: 48.80%
Check individual tank types to find out that only very bad players are unable to win with US tanks.

jammerben87

Apprentice Member

I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally.

1/11/13 8:00:51 AM#53

I love the number of people who are complaining about the amount of damage or module damage possible with shots.....

How about we go and play with real life rules where a penetrating shot would normally ricochet around the inside of your tank disabling most of the intarnals and killing the crew instead of taking a little chunk off your 'health bar' and possibly hurting one or two modules, or hurting a single crew member.

I dont think WG should abandon all similarities to real life to please people who are too used to command and conquer style health and damage (where a tank is at optimum capabilities right up to the moment where it explodes).

Also the pay to win thing, its really not that bad, if you dont like it then play lower tier tanks, theres nothing stopping you, and WG have to make money somehow.

But I do agree with the matchmaking issues, they get a bit crappy sometimes, I dont mind when playing a light or medium, both can be useful in the right situation but when you are in a tier 6 heavy and end up with tioer 8/9 heavies you might as well start digging your own grave right now.

Also the magical cloaking tanks drive me up the wall sometimes.

Permadude

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 8:06:55 AM#54
Originally posted by jammerben87

I love the number of people who are complaining about the amount of damage or module damage possible with shots.....

How about we go and play with real life rules where a penetrating shot would normally ricochet around the inside of your tank disabling most of the intarnals and killing the crew instead of taking a little chunk off your 'health bar' and possibly hurting one or two modules, or hurting a single crew member.

I dont think WG should abandon all similarities to real life to please people who are too used to command and conquer style health and damage (where a tank is at optimum capabilities right up to the moment where it explodes).

Also the pay to win thing, its really not that bad, if you dont like it then play lower tier tanks, theres nothing stopping you, and WG have to make money somehow.

But I do agree with the matchmaking issues, they get a bit crappy sometimes, I dont mind when playing a light or medium, both can be useful in the right situation but when you are in a tier 6 heavy and end up with tioer 8/9 heavies you might as well start digging your own grave right now.

Well, if we were playing with real life rules the german WWII tanks would be killing everything else on the map (except perhaps the T34's) until we bombed their fuel depots.  

I just stick to tier 1 and 2, game is much more fun that way.  

Caldrin

Hard Core Member

1/11/13 8:07:47 AM#55

OP I have been playing WOT most days now for about 2 months.. im only up to teir 7 so cant really connect on the higher teir games..

1. Light tanks do exactly what they are suppose to do by the way.. they are light and fast, the scout out heavy tanks and also are good for taking out the enemy arty.. The fastest tank in WWII was not even a light tank it was a tank destroyer.. the hellcat and it could do nearly 100kph.. This is also the fastest tank in WOT i believe..

2. Only time I have been tier 5 and have played against 8 and 9s was with a light tank..

3. I dont have any issues playing with any of the nations tanks, i enjoy them all

4. Have not noticed any issues myself..

5. Also not had this.. tho i have got annoyed by tanks hiding in bushes and shooting me lol

6. Never had that many artys in a game.. max has been 4 per side for me.. and even if it does happen so what its not like it happens all the time..

7. Thats really not pay to win.. maybe you could call it pay to make things easier for you LOL at the end of the day they are there to make money so there has to be some reason for you to spend cash on the game.

8. Have no issues with low tier random matches or low tier group matches. Seems to be more than enough players..

9. Change tactics.. cant alpha damage someone then try and be tactical when attacking and know when to move away.

10. Still not pay to win, pay to make things easier for you again... just because your tank is elite does not mean you will win. Plus you can get to elite status by playing for free ti just takes longer. Now that they allow you to buy premium rounds for normal in gam cash the game is not pay 2 win at all.

Yes the game takes a long time to get to tier 10 but im happy with that as i enjoy playing the game and im in no rush..

My 3D models
http://dragon3d.webs.com/

Mundus

Novice Member

1/11/13 8:12:28 AM#56
Tier spread and balance would be less of an issue if the game was more massive (perhaps like Planetside 2).
  jammerben87

Apprentice Member

I'm not prejudiced, I hate everyone equally.

1/11/13 8:16:42 AM#57
Originally posted by Permadude
Originally posted by jammerben87

Well, if we were playing with real life rules the german WWII tanks would be killing everything else on the map (except perhaps the T34's) until we bombed their fuel depots.  

I just stick to tier 1 and 2, game is much more fun that way.  

Haha yeh fair point, and I would be playing my tiger (tier 7), panther (tier 7), and tiger 2 (tier 8) against shermans and (tier 5-6), Cromwells (tier 6). Also we would have a game of about 40 allied tanks versus 15 germans probably. And none of those bloody amx things zooming around from the 1960's.

Also, I love tier 2 games, so much fun, andd fast, nothing like the noob charge to make life exciting.

Harafnir

Hard Core Member

1/11/13 8:29:10 AM#58

This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).

2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed.  7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath.  With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you.  There is a lack of balance in this game.

7. Pay to Win does exist.  Its all part of the game system.  The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc).  It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses.  To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it.  To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game.  Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8.  Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.  

8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers.  Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills.  In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank.  This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.

9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game.  You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon.  This adds imbalance to the game and frustration.  Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.

10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank.  That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.

There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems. 

Now, on No2: You would have HATED the game in the first year... Groups were 1: Tier 1-2, 2: Tier 3 vs the rest. Now? its heaven compared to before. Matchmaking may have difficulties that needs to be looked at, but when there are fewer players online and tier difference increase (logical really) is not one of the major problems with it.

Bringing me to 9: You want 2 groups for every tier then? ONLY Tier 6, Stock and ONLY Tier 6, elited och so on and so on? Or do you mean 3 groups for each and every tier? ONLY Stock of same tier, ONLY halfequipped same tier and ONLY Elited of same tier? You know... this is not a valid complaint, this is just whining. You can see that, right? You buy a new tier, and have no spare xp, you will have it a bit rougher a few matches... Its part of the GAME! You cant demand that all tanks should be exactly the same at all times, you are talking about a completly different game and this is not it. If you do not like levels and equipment and xp and such... Fine. Do not play games with those things.. at all. A LOT of poeple like differences in equipment, levels, building your tank and such, and I am pretty sure this game is catering to them.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying in the other points... but this? This just makes you seem like a silly little boy.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
It should be thrown with great force"

erictlewis

Novice Member

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results.

1/11/13 8:33:45 AM#59

I not played in months, but I can tell you the game was fun on the german side until I got my t2 tiger. At that point the game was worthless. The tiger is about the most worthless tank on the map.

Permadude

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 8:40:27 AM#60
Originally posted by Harafnir

This game has some serious issues for the more casual gamer (i.e. those not playing Clan War who spend a lot of time in public matches).

2. Matchmaker is deeply flawed.  7.2 is supposed to address some of the issues but I don't hold my breath.  With a 5 tier spread you can be in a tier 5 tank facing tier 9 or 10 opponents who can 1-shot you.  There is a lack of balance in this game.

7. Pay to Win does exist.  Its all part of the game system.  The game is setup so that higher tier tanks are very expensive to run (ammo, repairs, consumables needed to repain a tank or revive crew in a battle etc).  It is easy enough to lose silver with high tier losses.  To pay the bills you can either grind tier 5 or 6 matches in tanks known to generate decent silver returns OR you can buy a tier 8 premium tank and get all the benefit of a tier 8 without needing to grind to it.  To make this work matchmaker must put you in matches where you can destroy lower tier tanks to earn silver and thus the 'pay to win' complaints within the game.  Its not that a non-premium tier 8 couldn't do the same thing - its the fact someone spent real money ($30-50) for a virtual tier 8 tank in a F2P game to farm silver versus those who can't afford to and who muct grind to tier 8.  Its a "earned" vs "bought" debate.  

8. Due to #7 above the user population has become top heavy with more tier 7-10 tanks in matches than lower tiers.  Matchmaker is not designed to make needed adjustments so your lower tier players (tier 4-6) are often in matches where they have limited usefulness and are easy kills.  In game we talk about them as "cannon fodder" as their main purpose is to die to provide silver to the tier 8 premiums so those players can support their higher tier tank.  This is making tier 4-6 a bit of a dead zone - you want to grind through it ASAP to get to tier 7 where you actually have a chance of contributing to a match.

9. "Stock" tanks treated same as elited tanks in game.  You get the same matchmaker treatment in a Tiger with the starter gun, for example, as you do with the long 88 sniper cannon.  This adds imbalance to the game and frustration.  Grinding all the upgrades needed takes a lot of exp and all the while you are playing an inferior tank in matches.

10. More pay to win - buy gold for real $ and you can convert "free exp" from elited tanks to normal exp for any other tank.  That helps address point #9 - grind is much faster and in fact you can start with a fully elite tank if you use enough free exp - buts its going to cost you real $.

There are many issues not even mentioned in the above but this should give you a picture of the problems. 

Now, on No2: You would have HATED the game in the first year... Groups were 1: Tier 1-2, 2: Tier 3 vs the rest. Now? its heaven compared to before. Matchmaking may have difficulties that needs to be looked at, but when there are fewer players online and tier difference increase (logical really) is not one of the major problems with it.

Bringing me to 9: You want 2 groups for every tier then? ONLY Tier 6, Stock and ONLY Tier 6, elited och so on and so on? Or do you mean 3 groups for each and every tier? ONLY Stock of same tier, ONLY halfequipped same tier and ONLY Elited of same tier? You know... this is not a valid complaint, this is just whining. You can see that, right? You buy a new tier, and have no spare xp, you will have it a bit rougher a few matches... Its part of the GAME! You cant demand that all tanks should be exactly the same at all times, you are talking about a completly different game and this is not it. If you do not like levels and equipment and xp and such... Fine. Do not play games with those things.. at all. A LOT of poeple like differences in equipment, levels, building your tank and such, and I am pretty sure this game is catering to them.

I agree with a lot of what you are saying in the other points... but this? This just makes you seem like a silly little boy.

A silly little boy?  What is this Life of Brian? 

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search