Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,144 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,092
Perfect World Entertainment
MMORPG | Genre:Historical | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 07/13/10)  | Pub:Perfect World Beijing
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Heroes of Three Kingdoms Forum » General Discussion » You must try this game

15 posts found
  magentis

Novice Member

Joined: 9/17/07
Posts: 7

 
OP  8/11/10 2:34:54 AM#1

To all of you who looking for something to play! you must try this game untill lvl 40 and then judje!! It's best game I played in past year and I tried alot of them!!!! Also you must join legion, it will help you to see that game is  very good with most of the normal people, I haven't still meet any small kids, because to enjoy this game you must be old enough to understand what it's about, like history behind it!!!

  sulthar

Novice Member

Joined: 1/14/07
Posts: 320

8/11/10 2:39:15 AM#2

Funny to see that the past 5 forums that were added one was play 3 kingdom and the other was dont touch it with a 10 foot pole!

  sulthar

Novice Member

Joined: 1/14/07
Posts: 320

8/11/10 2:41:43 AM#3

And 2 min later you created an second post that was telling us to join the game...

  MadnessRealm

Hard Core Member

Joined: 1/02/09
Posts: 2692

Ignorance is Bliss.

8/11/10 2:46:14 AM#4
Originally posted by magentis

To all of you who looking for something to play! you must try this game untill lvl 40 and then judje!! It's best game I played in past year and I tried alot of them!!!! Also you must join legion, it will help you to see that game is  very good with most of the normal people, I haven't still meet any small kids, because to enjoy this game you must be old enough to understand what it's about, like history behind it!!!

I'd rather avoid a game where you must "level until 40" for the fun to begin. I think it says a lot about the developers for not being able to add any interesting content to make people "want" to grind to 40. And we're still not even sure wether or not we would like level 40+

 

By those standards: It's a fail MMO by a bad company. And while I am not a huge fan of the word "Fail", I think it's the best word to describe it.

------
Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

  sadWinds

Advanced Member

Joined: 1/25/10
Posts: 86

8/11/10 3:03:59 AM#5

Imma try out this game and see for myself whether its good. I've played another of their game(boi) and left it feeling disgusted. Jst hope that  this isn't the same BOI formula with a different skin.

  Vyeth

Hard Core Member

Joined: 12/17/07
Posts: 1461

Celebrated pariah of MMORPG.com

8/11/10 12:14:39 PM#6

It's a pretty good F2P game.. Thank goodness Perfect World Entertainment got their hands on it (Red Cliff has tons of client side issues).. If there is one F2P brand that I feel like I can believe in its PWE..

Many are going to turn their noses up at it because its a F2P, but those who decide to give it a try with an open mind (and a little knowledge of the Three Kingdoms Era of China) will find that it has alot to offer..

Lots of classes to choose from..

Open PvP at 40..

3 factions and the nuetrals..

Tons of quests, lots of them with historical information..

Its very linear at first (which avoids confusing the player) but opens up as you level up allowing you to space the game out as you please..

 

To simply be put, its the best 3K (Wei, Shu, Wu) era historical mmo out right now. But if that is not your thing, I wouldn't suggest it..

  praymes

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/07
Posts: 26

8/20/10 6:01:19 AM#7

Dont you guys notice that this game looks EXACTLY like Jade Dynasty? Cmon, PWE is a shitty company.

Face the truth

  neorandom

Novice Member

Joined: 1/15/08
Posts: 1753

8/20/10 6:06:20 AM#8

now now, its f2p, im sure you can buy max level from the cash shop for like 100 dollars these days.

  Hellfyre420

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/26/10
Posts: 867

Hai2u o/

8/25/10 12:38:20 PM#9
Originally posted by neorandom

now now, its f2p, im sure you can buy max level from the cash shop for like 100 dollars these days.

Actually surprisingly enough the cash shop in no way makes or breaks this game.. The gear in the cash shop is nothing compared to end-game crafted gear.. The fashion is nice, but it is also pretty damn cheap considering you only need to purchase it once for you char.. It's got some other stuff like 2x xp for a hour or something that you can purchase for a $1..

 

Only gripe i got with the cash shop is the fact that the mount i want costs $40!! lol it's only .5 quicker then the free mount jus a different color.. honestly i don't think anyone would buy one of those lol.


Currently Playing:
Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

  yippee22

Novice Member

Joined: 6/24/10
Posts: 49

9/07/10 4:51:03 PM#10

i agree that this game is a must try. i know a lot of people are floundering in MMO land atm as I am. I have never tried a F2P before and since I have not spent a penny yet I have zero complaints and it is a refreshing change of pace. I have sooooo many times spent 50 bucks to know in 30 minutes that I waisted my money.

This time i have not waisted my money and look forward to buying the $40 mount with the money i was willing to spend on another $50 game anyway. 3 days in , this game is fun and my wife likes it too. I look forward to the PVP if it is remotely like shadowbane i will be in heaven!

  Hellfyre420

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/26/10
Posts: 867

Hai2u o/

9/07/10 5:26:55 PM#11
Originally posted by yippee22

i agree that this game is a must try. i know a lot of people are floundering in MMO land atm as I am. I have never tried a F2P before and since I have not spent a penny yet I have zero complaints and it is a refreshing change of pace. I have sooooo many times spent 50 bucks to know in 30 minutes that I waisted my money.

This time i have not waisted my money and look forward to buying the $40 mount with the money i was willing to spend on another $50 game anyway. 3 days in , this game is fun and my wife likes it too. I look forward to the PVP if it is remotely like shadowbane i will be in heaven!

Are you and you're wife looking for a Shu faction to join ? ^_^

 

My friend runs the legion we are #12th on server atm

 

what class/lvl are you two?


Currently Playing:
Rift + Starcraft II + Gears Of War 3 Beta

  AxemanYako

Novice Member

Joined: 8/25/10
Posts: 6

9/08/10 9:24:46 PM#12

Downloaded this game and have been working on a character. I don't see anything beyond very basic pve right now. So does this game just all the sudden get fun at some point or what? I haven't really found a decent f2p pvp game since shadowbane.

Guild Wars 1, Jade Dynasty, King of Kings III

  Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/13/10
Posts: 1865

9/09/10 6:29:15 AM#13
Originally posted by AxemanYako

Downloaded this game and have been working on a character. I don't see anything beyond very basic pve right now. So does this game just all the sudden get fun at some point or what? I haven't really found a decent f2p pvp game since shadowbane.

Faction conflict begins at level 40.Pve only till then.

  Shadanwolf

Apprentice Member

Joined: 6/13/10
Posts: 1865

9/09/10 6:40:26 AM#14
Originally posted by MadnessRealm
Originally posted by magentis

To all of you who looking for something to play! you must try this game untill lvl 40 and then judje!! It's best game I played in past year and I tried alot of them!!!! Also you must join legion, it will help you to see that game is  very good with most of the normal people, I haven't still meet any small kids, because to enjoy this game you must be old enough to understand what it's about, like history behind it!!!

I'd rather avoid a game where you must "level until 40" for the fun to begin. I think it says a lot about the developers for not being able to add any interesting content to make people "want" to grind to 40. And we're still not even sure wether or not we would like level 40+

 

By those standards: It's a fail MMO by a bad company. And while I am not a huge fan of the word "Fail", I think it's the best word to describe it.

I would completly agree with you....BUT....even the devs at DAOC,which was the best rvr game ever made, didn't understand that rvr should be available at level 1.It took them years to understand that,before they developed battle grounds for various level groups....so you could rvr as you leveled up.Unfortunately I have seen only Blizzard thoroughly understand that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to make MILLIONS.Right now it isn't a perfect world.Maybe the devs at RIFT will bother to see who has done rvr well.Till then,I suspect I will continue to search for the holy grail of rvr.This is my only candidate atm.

  Benedikt

Tipster

Joined: 12/12/04
Posts: 1294

We live for The One, we die for The One.

9/09/10 7:31:43 AM#15

no i dont