Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,845,850 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,117
TQ Digital / Ubisoft
MMORTS | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 05/30/08)  | Pub:TQ Digital Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  User Deleted
5/10/10 5:30:46 AM#21

I actually like turn-based games and I do not really care about the graphics in those games. I did spend quite a lot of time on  HOMM3 (and even HOMM4), so I know more or less what to expect.

However, I stopped playing this game after giving it a try because:

• The user interface. It started quite badly: I usually start a game by looking through the Options or Settings screen - couldn't find it. Especially when a game starts in windowed mode - looking through the Options/Settings screen is quite urgent, IMO.
  • Maybe it shouldn't be an MMO, but just an ordinary online game with a lobby, singleplayer and multiplayer scenarios, either coorperative, competitive or both. Hmmm... this is more or less what it is, isn't it? No, the game shouldn't have real-time building of units.
  Blazz

Novice Member

Grammar Nazi since 2004.

5/10/10 5:46:19 AM#22
Originally posted by Dilweed

Compared to:

Why on earth should I play HoMM Online instead of playing a round of Kings Bounty on a higher difficulty or with another class instead? The only thing HoMM Online has that's better than King's Bounty is a crappy multiplayer mode, that get's a kick in the nuts by the cash shop.

Not to mention Disciples 3, whichs english version should soon be available.

Stop comparing 2D images with 3D images

It doesn't make any sense

I agree with the rest :)

I dunno, looks 3D and very pretty to me. Particularly with the real-time-looking-rendering-shadows.

I am playing EVE and it's alright... level V skills are a bit much.

You all need to learn to spell.

Blazz

Novice Member

Grammar Nazi since 2004.

5/10/10 5:48:10 AM#23

Also, I actually really enjoyed Heroes 4. Nothing beat a fully grand-master barbarian-type hero with some nice items. Magic immunity, two melee attacks, two ranged attacks... huge defense...

I could take on 40 black dragons with one of those heroes, haha!

I am playing EVE and it's alright... level V skills are a bit much.

You all need to learn to spell.

Blippers

Advanced Member

Never argue with idiots. They just bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

5/10/10 5:52:28 AM#24

It's much the same as Homm3. Which...in it's time, was a great game. If Homm3 launced today?? ..not so much.  I think they should have  " expanded" a bit more with some of the Homm3 ideas. I confess I'm a bit disapointed that they did not....ie, more and bigger armies, more and bigger spells, more and bigger maps, more and bigger loots..etc. They did not, which is a  disappointment.

I don't like the Asian influence either...ie, the over sized cartoon lookin gear, and wierd, clunky interface. Not being able to play more than two characters on one account sucks too.

My son likes it though cause it's easy to level,  sooooo...good game for 10yr olds?

Xianthos

Advanced Member

5/10/10 6:09:24 AM#25

Overall i agree. HoMM online is a real disapointment.

Graphic was odd. I dont know but even UO looked more awesome and is some decades old. I could get over it if it would have been fun playing it. Gameplay copys only very basics of HoMM series.

Spells were or less same except you have to use your spell 3000 times to be able to learn level 2 or do ingame spell training, what a horrible idea. Did they never seen how you could do it other way? EvE online is a hint!

Castles a large disapointment. You can build only creature buildings to recruit them. No fluff nothing uniq.

And the bugs were aswell awesome. I thing they were most entertaining. If you leave castle = disconnect. If you wander around daily quest area and hit another play = disconnect or dark screen! Yay i had to restart HoMM online about 20 times to be able to finish ore / wood dailys ... and i think this game is already out on the market in china for half a year or even longer? Wtf were devs doing?

It kinda feels instead of making progress the progress is decreasing and going backwards till 1980 yay! Back to the roots ...

EvE doors

See the best doors on EvE-on!

Blippers

Advanced Member

Never argue with idiots. They just bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

5/10/10 6:18:59 AM#26

They would have been better served just re-launching Homm3 with some online enhancements, ( ie..player lobby, chat, pvp, co-op, and player created maps) and left everything else exactly the same.

User Deleted
5/10/10 6:19:24 AM#27
Originally posted by Blazz
Originally posted by Dilweed

Compared to:

Why on earth should I play HoMM Online instead of playing a round of Kings Bounty on a higher difficulty or with another class instead? The only thing HoMM Online has that's better than King's Bounty is a crappy multiplayer mode, that get's a kick in the nuts by the cash shop.

Not to mention Disciples 3, whichs english version should soon be available.

Stop comparing 2D images with 3D images

It doesn't make any sense

I agree with the rest :)

I dunno, looks 3D and very pretty to me. Particularly with the real-time-looking-rendering-shadows.

This is not his one and only post

Also,  real-time-looking is not the same as 3D

Graylorde

Novice Member

5/10/10 3:22:53 PM#28

Both of those screens are 3d, the only 3d in HoMM online is the combat.

Darkor_hXc

Novice Member

Death to the False Emperor, Skulls for the Skull Throne.

5/12/10 1:30:38 AM#29

I used to play HoM&M V and I was hoping at least that kind of quality...but I almost cried while trying to play.   :(

Morovan1

Novice Member

7/09/10 8:06:30 AM#30

Being a player of so many of the Might & Magic series games, I will try this one.

Although in looking at the screen shots, it does look very disappointing!!  I hope my first impressions are unjustified, but after reading some other posts and information, I do not think they will be.

I am sure there are those out there who will enjoy the game.

Qtar

Advanced Member

No Gods, no Masters. Knowledge is Power, Power is Freedom.

8/10/10 6:02:39 AM#31

Literally damaged of one Legendary heading...Unfortunately quality of TQ has forgotten in some basket and getting the dust...This heading deserve many more damage that Ubisoft got that brand who could on the top of mmorpg listing ...I played the game in CB, I am playing now in OP not because is good game than it is M&M. Honestly on first look, when I started the game in first time I expect more something similar like homm5 but unfortunately I got just Homm3 maps with combat system from Homm5. At the beginning I thought that is CB for sure and I will be better when will be OP with one heavy patch...But unfortunately nothing of that, one more bigger disappointed the patch was just only couple MB and not advancing on the battleground maps than repeating of same chapter from 1-10... Difference from CB and OB is just fixing of some bags.(not all)
-I will not mention the graphics because is over my head from the games with cracked graphics and playing is 0...for unfortunately hommo does not have both then clear grind from 1 to 130...
Good luck TQ with this project.

Currently playing: HC Diablo 3, DDO
MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
Eu,War.
Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

Rizzit

Novice Member

8/14/10 2:43:25 PM#32
Originally posted by zekkcc

Bad Graphics, Bad Interface, Bad Game. 

100% Agreed

lingceapuck

Novice Member

8/15/10 3:35:06 AM#33

you espected anything else from TQ digital?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search