Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,759 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,895
Notorious Games | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 03/01/11)  | Pub:Notorious Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:$09.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Xsyon Forum » General Discussion » Zombies/revenants!!

8 posts found
  nutsodds

Novice Member

OP  7/27/12 9:08:36 AM#1

Hello everyone,

I just want to share my impressions about this new revenants and totem abandonement phase.

Playing Xsyon with the revenants around has change the world feeling by a lot, it's just a new game for me. Abandoned tribes looking as ruins with bins to be looted around with the danger of revenants, it's just exciting! I

See you ingame!

Mirokata

Apprentice Member

7/28/12 1:02:15 PM#2

Lol, Jordi tells you he's trying to bring in new players and asks you to "spread the word"... the best you can come up with is "zombies really changed the world feeling!". Ridiculous.

I'm sure new players are loving the new feeling of spending 80% of their game time dying to and running from zombies and animals... oh and thats only if they allocated the proper stats to be able to outrun them in the first place. Good luck playing anything but a pure combat char nowadays. If by danger you mean completely inbalanced stat check then I would agree.

Oh and zombies are bugged, they never stop respawning on the abandoned tribe even after someones claimed the land. Classic!

(P.S. After Jordi muted a number of forum posters for expressing negative opinions about the game, his website was hacked and brought down for almost 2 days.  I'm glad someone made him pay for such a stupid action.)

nutsodds

Novice Member

OP  7/29/12 5:51:05 PM#3

I have to say that you are very bad informed about the game.

We players are able to  run away from revenants and animals quite easy since last AI patch, so if we die is because we face them alone without having good stats , armor or weapons. 

Also revenants are not bugged at all. They respawn after death with less hp every time they are killed and if oyu platn a totem they move to another zone.

How can you give a game opinion without playing it?. lol

Mirokata

Apprentice Member

7/31/12 1:37:01 AM#4
Originally posted by nutsodds

I have to say that you are very bad informed about the game.

We players are able to  run away from revenants and animals quite easy since last AI patch, so if we die is because we face them alone without having good stats , armor or weapons. 

Also revenants are not bugged at all. They respawn after death with less hp every time they are killed and if oyu platn a totem they move to another zone.

How can you give a game opinion without playing it?. lol

So you're just going to lie now? Lol it's fine if you're just going to paint this bs idealized version of Xsyon as a game thats "changing" and "exciting" (lol), but straight up lying like this is way over the line.

If you  die to these zombies it's ~just~ because you didn't have good stats, armor, and weapons... yet every player is forced to interact with them if they want to move in the game world. Sweet.... so, like I said, you spend 90% of your time running from zombies if you don't have good stats, armor, and weapons.... you know, like all the players who haven't already been playing Xsyon for months already.

Oh, and if you happened to make a character with less than optimal agility (GREATLY affects speed) and strength (GREATLY affects max encumberance), or maybe you want to carry something that slows you down, like, oh I dont know... a cart... well then good luck getting away from them.

Listen, this is just a dumb patch and it reall illustrates just how confused Jordi is, just totally lost on what to do, how to do it, and why to do it.

Jordi has already posted his motives for this whole zombie mechanic: "the idea was that it would be a challege to claim these old lands and that new players would call on the aid of veterans. "

So, his idea was to literally force new players to beg and bother veteran players to get them to clear content that is trivial to the vet, but impossible to the new player. To accomplish this, he implemented a creature spawning system (wow, visionary...) that pretty much covered the world with mobs of random difficulty that got stronger when people (read: new players) died to them. Oh, and the kicker? The mechanic probably took longer to develop than it will actually last in game, since the mobs will eventually just find an empty spot in the world and... hang out.

Hodo

Advanced Member

8/01/12 12:22:50 PM#5

Revnants/zombies whatever you want to call them.  Are a waste of programming to me.  They come in two real flavors, easy to beat, and OMGWTF?!    But the AI is so bad that you can time their attacks to avoid getting hit 90% of the time and kill even the toughest of them so its not a big deal.

As for them respawning on dead tribes after its been claimed, well thats to be expected, till he  patches that out.  Or more correctly, flies to Russia and gets some minimum wage programmer to fix the code and give him a patch, so he can patch it out. 

Xsyon is a good concept, but isnt quite as good as it could be, definately not worth the 15bucks a month to me.   I unsubbed as a cost cutting measure, I said I would give it 3 months when I cameback.   I gave it 6, they were fun at first, then it became like work, then just boring.  

My wishes for the game are.

-Farming/crops

-Animal husbandry (look at Wurm Online)

-Real tribal vs tribal PvP

-mounts

-ranged weapons, Archery, spears etc.

-carts drawn by animals.

-cooking

So much crap, so little quality.

MrDDT

Novice Member

8/02/12 3:12:23 PM#6
Originally posted by Hodo

Revnants/zombies whatever you want to call them.  Are a waste of programming to me.  They come in two real flavors, easy to beat, and OMGWTF?!    But the AI is so bad that you can time their attacks to avoid getting hit 90% of the time and kill even the toughest of them so its not a big deal.

As for them respawning on dead tribes after its been claimed, well thats to be expected, till he  patches that out.  Or more correctly, flies to Russia and gets some minimum wage programmer to fix the code and give him a patch, so he can patch it out. 

Xsyon is a good concept, but isnt quite as good as it could be, definately not worth the 15bucks a month to me.   I unsubbed as a cost cutting measure, I said I would give it 3 months when I cameback.   I gave it 6, they were fun at first, then it became like work, then just boring.  

-Farming/crops

-mounts

-carts drawn by animals.

-cooking

Great post.

Another point I wanted to add to this post is that Zombies have no reward, unless you call crappy (very crappy) armor a reward.

Zombies have changed the game overall in a good way but like Planting tree system fell way short of what it should be.

Planting trees = Good Idea, but came out poorly.

Zombies = Good Idea, but came out poorly.

-MrDDT

Mirokata

Apprentice Member

8/02/12 8:28:47 PM#7
Originally posted by MrDDT
Originally posted by Hodo

-Farming/crops

-mounts

-carts drawn by animals.

-cooking

Great post.

Another point I wanted to add to this post is that Zombies have no reward, unless you call crappy (very crappy) armor a reward.

Zombies have changed the game overall in a good way but like Planting tree system fell way short of what it should be.

Planting trees = Good Idea, but came out poorly.

Zombies = Good Idea, but came out poorly.

I agree, except for the good idea part. *Cool* idea, maybe. Good idea? No, and that's part of the reason it came out poorly -- because it was flawed from the get-go.... or maybe you consider the idea as "implement zombies" whereas I see it as "implement zombies on decayed tribe lands who guard the land and steal your gear ".

Revs are too difficult / too easy depends on your char. Impossible to balance, BECAUSE they were implemented on decayed tribe lands.

Revs have shitty rewards. Well thats because the whole IDEA was that they would guard old tribe lands (presumably holding valuable baskets, etc.) and steal gear ... Well anyone with decent gear is going to be dying to the zombies, so obviously their loot is going to newb-level stuff. I could maybe see some decent stockpiles being raided, but those are probably extremely rare amongst the fields of 1-man tribelands where the dude didnt build or store shit, and they drain fast. Not to mention the fact that items of that era are probably complete garbage at present.

Those are just the problems due to the base idea too. There is a whole bunch of other shit that was off about the details of that implementation too, like spawning issues, AI issues, and the land reclamation system.

So like I said, depends what your definition of the idea is. "Implement zombies on decayed tribe lands who guard the land and steal your gear " is non-sense as per above paragraphs. "Implement zombies" is something every dude who plays video games has though in his life -- is that really a service you feel deserves $40 + $15/mo ???

MrDDT

Novice Member

8/16/12 6:25:06 PM#8
Originally posted by Mirokata

I agree, except for the good idea part. *Cool* idea, maybe. Good idea? No, and that's part of the reason it came out poorly -- because it was flawed from the get-go.... or maybe you consider the idea as "implement zombies" whereas I see it as "implement zombies on decayed tribe lands who guard the land and steal your gear ".

Revs are too difficult / too easy depends on your char. Impossible to balance, BECAUSE they were implemented on decayed tribe lands.

Revs have shitty rewards. Well thats because the whole IDEA was that they would guard old tribe lands (presumably holding valuable baskets, etc.) and steal gear ... Well anyone with decent gear is going to be dying to the zombies, so obviously their loot is going to newb-level stuff. I could maybe see some decent stockpiles being raided, but those are probably extremely rare amongst the fields of 1-man tribelands where the dude didnt build or store shit, and they drain fast. Not to mention the fact that items of that era are probably complete garbage at present.

Those are just the problems due to the base idea too. There is a whole bunch of other shit that was off about the details of that implementation too, like spawning issues, AI issues, and the land reclamation system.

So like I said, depends what your definition of the idea is. "Implement zombies on decayed tribe lands who guard the land and steal your gear " is non-sense as per above paragraphs. "Implement zombies" is something every dude who plays video games has though in his life -- is that really a service you feel deserves $40 + $15/mo ???

Yeah when I'm saying Zombies I'm not talking about the other parts to it. Just Zombies themselves and how they can loot gear.

The zombies in newb areas and stuff is bad part.

Currectly I dont feel that Xsyon is worth the 40$ + 15$/mo. However, I do feel its a investment to get the going and keep the team working on it. Sure its slow to go, but really its the best  dream of a game out there. Its working slowly at becoming the best game ever.

-MrDDT