Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,559 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,759
Perfect World Shanghai | Official Site
MOBA | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 2010)  | Pub:Perfect World Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Battle of the Immortals Forum » General Discussion » Do not let them fool you, this game is 120% pay for power.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  User Deleted
12/07/10 7:40:12 PM#21

i played a bit in closed beta then they opened it.. i knew it was a cash shop nightmare..if your a millionaire, you can win the game lol...i quit playing for real around lvl 18 i think...just wasnt worth it i felt as if i was playing for pretty much no reaon.

Wizardry

Elite Member

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

12/07/10 7:42:38 PM#22
Originally posted by Emoqqboy

I wont be surprised if some of those "power-ed" up toons are actually the game company's own staff, trying to entice player population to spend money, by showing the population you spend or get owned . It wouldnt be a very terrible marketting strategy and wouldnt take alot of effort either.

Hmm nice,as observant as i think i am,i never really thought of that ,you know you are probably correct :D

I mean i know devs have players inside their games,no question there,but never really thought of them purposely beefing up their players to force others to use cash shop.Even if not on purpose,it woudl happen indirectly as they would have access or some secret cheat code to have the best gear.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Napolianboo#p/u/15/rCYLLQCNc1w
Samoan Diamond

helthros

Novice Member

1/04/11 7:23:01 PM#23

It's going to be a kiddie with daddy's credit card longggg before some marketing ploy.

Zeus.CM

Novice Member

www.croatian-maniacs.com

3/10/11 6:56:42 PM#24

I'm just glad I stopped playing this game long before I got addicted and spent money on it. Pure pay to win. It is a decent game, very addictive, but too much cash oriented!

nak08

Novice Member

10/01/11 12:02:22 PM#25

My husband, known as Data in the abyss server when he quit was the #5 magus. And even now hes still in the top 20. He never spent a dime. As a Venezuelan citizen he is not allowed to. His pets were nice but he never had a super uber pet like most in the server did. He worked very hard to get what he had by taking advantage of cash shop sales and spending his in game coins to buy the zen the zen spammers sold. He was every bit as good as the next person and all it took was hard work. I bought some zen myself at holidays or my birthday and I had decent gears. I didn't have as much time to put into the game like he did, but I was in the top 40% of Slayers. My pets had great growth and such but I never spent the time to put zodiac skills on them.  So yes, I agree this game is a pay for power game. But you don't always have to spend real money to get it.

RelytDnegel

Apprentice Member

Common sense isn't

10/01/11 12:06:54 PM#26
Originally posted by nak08

My husband, known as Data in the abyss server .

I remember Data! I was up on that magus list too (RelytDnegel) but yes this game is p2w. I would never go near another Perfect World International game again.

Safehouse Gaming up and running at: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Project Gorgon, and Combat Arms

10/01/11 12:15:13 PM#27
Originally posted by mrmeloni

Almost every single way of improving your character/pet is done with items bought from the cash shop. I know many who have spent thousands of dollars (each) on this game.

Upgrading is also chance based, all of it. To make an uber pet will cost you about 800 dollars, or much more if you get unlucky.

Sounds like you

1) play with not only the 10% that spend money on the game but the 2% of that 10% that spends abnormally high amounts.

2) have friends with crappy luck or are just regurgitating talking points

For every person that's spends 800 there are about 48-50 that are spending about 5-10 dollars a month and  about 450-500 that aren't spending anything.

If you don't believe me, ask your friends to show you their induction lists. Based on the crowd your in, the numbers will be slightly higher, but not by much.

If anyone here wants some great starter gear for BoI on the Poseidon server, CLICK HERE for a key to get the items and instructions how to redeem them.

"And wikipedia is as accurate as Britannica. Wikipedia is very reliable. You would be hard pressed to find a more reliable source for these kinds of things." -fivoroth

User Deleted
10/01/11 12:36:52 PM#28
Originally posted by Mazin

I really can't understand the mindset of individuals that would do this.

There was a guy in a game called ERupublik that spent over $15g's to get power.  That's just retarded.

I don't quite get it either. If they have that kind of money to spend, then more power to them. Maybe I have a poor man's mentality, but I'd take that $15k, spend $60 on a game and the rest on a car or a down payment on a house (maybe even invest it).

User Deleted
10/01/11 12:42:09 PM#29
Originally posted by ninjinkai506
Originally posted by Mazin

I really can't understand the mindset of individuals that would do this.

There was a guy in a game called ERupublik that spent over $15g's to get power.  That's just retarded.

I don't quite get it either. If they have that kind of money to spend, then more power to them. Maybe I have a poor man's mentality, but I'd take that $15k, spend $60 on a game and the rest on a car or a down payment on a house (maybe even invest it).

Where in the world is 15K enough for a car or a down payment on a house? Please let me know and I'll move there.

Dominionlord

Apprentice Member

10/01/11 5:49:34 PM#30

if he means $15,000....that's plenty of money for car/down payment.

User Deleted
10/01/11 10:24:57 PM#31
Originally posted by Dominionlord

if he means $15,000....that's plenty of money for car/down payment.

I did mean $15,000.00. Not only that, but not everyone buys a brand new house or a brand new car. LOTSA foreclosed homes out there (across the U.S.) that banks would likely take less than that as a down payment (That's just off of things I've heard and that I cannot verify). That's all off-topic, of course, and for more info, please visit google.com.

On the flip side, you could also buy 250 different $60 games...that just seems  like it could, perhaps, offer a lot more fun and enjoyment than dropping it all on one p2w title. Then again, like before...to each, his own and more power to them if that's what makes them happy.

damond5031

Hard Core Member

10/01/11 10:31:58 PM#32

Why not go buy an account to a decent game??? Spend a grand and you can have a top notch toon on just about any p2p game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search