Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Dragon Age: Inquisition | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,627 Users Online:0
Games:686  Posts:6,082,414
Square Enix
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 05/18/10)  | Pub:Gamepot USA, Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Fantasy Earth Zero Forum » General Discussion » Just me venting the thoughts off the top of my head

4 posts found
  Antwan23

Novice Member

OP  2/08/11 6:52:19 PM#1

Will FEZ come back with another provider?

Will those of us who played the game be able to still have the work we put into the game saved if it came back with a new provider?

WHY THE HELL IS GAMEPOT SO STUPID?!?!!

WHY DID GAMEPOT CHOOSE F-ING Mir2 OVER FEZ!?!?!?!

B1mble

Novice Member

2/09/11 3:55:56 AM#2

In answer to your first question...no.  FEZ was a broken game and its mechanics frustrated the majority so much they stopped playing.

The game ran client side and unless you lived in a country wired with fibre optic broadband, the game lagged horribly.  This lag was heavily exploited and since the combat was based on skill and reaction speed, most of the time you shot data ghosts whilst being knifed in the back by someone torrenting pr0n. 

Also, despite protests the combat was turn based insofar as if someone hit a target a split second before you, your attack didnt count and passed right through.  In short, you couldnt juggle an opponent.  Since attacks cost POW this sucked.

This excludes the fact that wars could be rigged with alts and that other than figting in said battles there was feck all else to do.  You got next to no exp off MOBs, there were no dungeons, the quests were lame and not worth the effort and towards the end the battles consited of 2v2 or 10v1 if it was gimped.

FEZ was a nice idea poorly thought out design wise and poorly implemented/supported.  If it was to come back it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Antwan23

Novice Member

OP  2/09/11 5:35:08 PM#3
Originally posted by B1mble

In answer to your first question...no.  FEZ was a broken game and its mechanics frustrated the majority so much they stopped playing.

The game ran client side and unless you lived in a country wired with fibre optic broadband, the game lagged horribly.  This lag was heavily exploited and since the combat was based on skill and reaction speed, most of the time you shot data ghosts whilst being knifed in the back by someone torrenting pr0n. 

Also, despite protests the combat was turn based insofar as if someone hit a target a split second before you, your attack didnt count and passed right through.  In short, you couldnt juggle an opponent.  Since attacks cost POW this sucked.

This excludes the fact that wars could be rigged with alts and that other than figting in said battles there was feck all else to do.  You got next to no exp off MOBs, there were no dungeons, the quests were lame and not worth the effort and towards the end the battles consited of 2v2 or 10v1 if it was gimped.

FEZ was a nice idea poorly thought out design wise and poorly implemented/supported.  If it was to come back it would need to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Honestly I think it was great the way it was. I mostly put the blame on Gamepot, who could've marketed the game much better then they did. 

The lag was something you worked with, yes it would've been nice to have 50-0 ping in-game but, everyone dealt with it fine and enjoyed the game. If anything, the lag was something that became a part of the game that made it a little more difficult and fun, it was only people who abused the lag that caused a major problem for the playing population. (If you ever heard stories about a person playing under the game name "Savanna" She was just one of a few examples of lag abusers).

the playing population increases a little when Fencer class came out, it increased a little more when Greatsword skills for warriors came out. 

The games main purpose was PvP I don't see any need to changing that. It forced you to either band together, or die and that also is how this game allow those of us who played to make great friends and enemies.

FEZ+Gamepot= Doom imo. FEZ could've been up there with some major FTP MMOs if it had been marketed better, had better tech support, fixed a few of it's lag problems, and had a few tweaks here and there that a MMO NEEDS to have. 

All in all it was a great game and I feel really sad that it's ending, hopfully though another gaming portal will take the game but I will continually Q_Q because I might get the game back, but I will never get all the hard work I put into it >_>.

greggy

Apprentice Member

2/10/11 12:03:44 AM#4

Any free to play game which item mall consists only of fashion that provides no benefit is bound to die.

I'm not suprised its failing although I did have some fun and will probably log in once to see if any of my friends are still sticking to the end.  I'll admit I did spend a bit to get some nice armor, but thats all they had.  It's kinda hard to even support a game when you get literally no benefit for spending your money :/

LoL I left it to start playing dragon oath again and ended blowing loads of money on dragon oath and now I'm messing around in faxion closed beta and as broken as faxion is its still fun as hell to roll random hell characters in pvp maps!

REST IN PEACE ~ Fantasy Earth Zero