Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,406 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,851
NCSoft | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Development  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:NCSoft
PVP:Yes | Distribution: | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

Blade & Soul Forum » General Discussion » Blade and Soul has topped Korean game market, unbeatable

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  gaeanprayer

Novice Member

9/14/12 10:52:32 PM#21

A lot of you are in that "The US is the only country that matters" mode of thinking. Try to keep in mind there are veritable worlds existing beyond our borders ;\

Aion is actually been doing friggin beautifully in the East, it's just the West that didn't care for it. But they love that grindy shit over there. RNG with .000000001% chance of success? BRING IT. West players, not so much. I sure as hell don't have the patience for that crap. TERA failed both in the East and West so yeah, that one's not even worth mentioning at this point. But that B & S topped Aion is impressive because of how much those guys friggin love them some Aion. It also held the position. Whether it's "unbeatable" remains to be seen, but don't underestimate the draw of certain games just because our culture doesn't welcome them with open arms. That side of the world is a hell of a lot more profitable than we'll ever be anyway, just ask SEGA.

Personally, I think it will do extremely well both in the east and west. It very closely resembles Aion, but with a better combo system and ~far~ less grinding right out of the box. That's pretty much what it is, Aion Better, but with "Kill Bill" lookin' hookers running around with freakishly long legs kicking the shit out of your face instead of stabbing it with giant swords (although they do that, too).

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Jockan

Hard Core Member

9/14/12 10:56:29 PM#22
Its supposed to be heavily story driven and thats also got my attention.

superniceguy

Elite Member

NGE, LOTRO, STO, KOTOR, Lego Star Wars > NGE 2 (SWTOR). SWG>ALL. Above hopefully subject to change.

9/14/12 11:18:21 PM#23
Originally posted by gaeanprayer

A lot of you are in that "The US is the only country that matters" mode of thinking. Try to keep in mind there are veritable worlds existing beyond our borders ;\

Aion is actually been doing friggin beautifully in the East, it's just the West that didn't care for it. But they love that grindy shit over there. RNG with .000000001% chance of success? BRING IT. West players, not so much. I sure as hell don't have the patience for that crap. TERA failed both in the East and West so yeah, that one's not even worth mentioning at this point. But that B & S topped Aion is impressive because of how much those guys friggin love them some Aion. It also held the position. Whether it's "unbeatable" remains to be seen, but don't underestimate the draw of certain games just because our culture doesn't welcome them with open arms. That side of the world is a hell of a lot more profitable than we'll ever be anyway, just ask SEGA.

Personally, I think it will do extremely well both in the east and west. It very closely resembles Aion, but with a better combo system and ~far~ less grinding right out of the box. That's pretty much what it is, Aion Better, but with "Kill Bill" lookin' hookers running around with freakishly long legs kicking the shit out of your face instead of stabbing it with giant swords (although they do that, too).

It does not seem to be doing too well over there, according to this: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/tech/2012/08/133_117289.html

It started off good, but then dropping fast, sounds like SWTOR kind of success. If it does better in the East than the West then it will fail hard when releasd in the west.

GrayGhost79

Novice Member

9/14/12 11:36:38 PM#24

Yeah it's being doing great in Asia that isn't an arguable point, but I don't think it will do to well over here. But then again it doesn't have to lol. 

NcSoft will have Blade & Soul in the East and GW2 in the west making it a force to recon with in the MMO sector. 

Aori

Hard Core Member

9/15/12 12:39:58 AM#25
Only issue being is that NCsoft has full control of it, NCsofts track record with customer service in the west is absolutely terrible. I really wanna look forward to the game, however NCwest can blow me.
  Frostyfrozen

Novice Member

11/17/12 9:59:52 AM#26

With NCsoft's closer of City of Heroes so they can free up the player base there to have them as Blade & Soul players totally backfired. And instead NCsoft now has thousands of protesting customers all refusing to pick up Blade & Soul.

Oh and Blade & Soul has been dubbed Bits & T*X as the game art is full of it.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search