Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Heroes of the Storm

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,591 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,309
3000AD Inc.
MMORPG | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel N/A)  | Pub:3000AD Inc.
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  Fritoman

Novice Member

"And you applaud" - McKay

5/15/11 1:44:42 PM#21
Originally posted by Styij

More vaporware...

You are probably correct :(

Fritoman

Novice Member

"And you applaud" - McKay

8/09/11 12:32:31 AM#22
Originally posted by Fritoman
Originally posted by Styij

More vaporware...

You are probably correct :(

No word in a long time...not good

Curricular

Apprentice Member

10/23/11 12:41:06 AM#23

I hope this just doesn't disappear and turn in vapourware, from everything i have managed to find out on the web it looks like it will be a great game, however I have been waiting for Elite 4 and Jumpgate Evolution for what seems like for ages, and I thought both of those would be great games.  I know Jumpgate Evolution had some legal / rights issues and David Brabern (Elite) has loads of other work on the go for the console market, but it doesnt stop me from wanting them. It seems to me that Jumpgate Evolution, Galactic Command Online and Elite 4 are very similar games, all three games seem to have a very loyal and not too small following and the fans of the three games are all waiting for the next installment, whoever manages to publish first should have a massive advantage over the other two...

Just my thoughts

http://www.scifiandgames.com

dsmart

Apprentice Member

10/24/11 9:23:35 AM#24

First of all, I've developed 14 games. None of them were vaporware - so why do you assume that GCO is? That's just pure rubbish.

It is still very much in development. The reason there isn't much news on it is because, well, I dunno - maybe we're, you know, BUSY working on it?

Apart from that, we're also working on Line Of Defense which comes out first (2012), with GCO to follow in the 2013-14 timeframe.

And of course, Line Of Defense also has a space combat component; though not as extensive as the one in GCO (which is a more hardcore game since it is a direct derivative of Battlecruiser & Universal Combat series.

The only simiiarity between GCO, Jumpgate Evolution and Elite4 is that GCO will be made. The others are already dead. And if the recent DOA that was Black Prophecy is anything to go by, not everyone is cut out for making space combat games.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

Curricular

Apprentice Member

10/24/11 11:10:52 AM#25
Originally posted by dsmart

First of all, I've developed 14 games. None of them were vaporware - so why do you assume that GCO is? That's just pure rubbish.

It is still very much in development. The reason there isn't much news on it is because, well, I dunno - maybe we're, you know, BUSY working on it?

Apart from that, we're also working on Line Of Defense which comes out first (2012), with GCO to follow in the 2013-14 timeframe.

And of course, Line Of Defense also has a space combat component; though not as extensive as the one in GCO (which is a more hardcore game since it is a direct derivative of Battlecruiser & Universal Combat series.

The only simiiarity between GCO, Jumpgate Evolution and Elite4 is that GCO will be made. The others are already dead. And if the recent DOA that was Black Prophecy is anything to go by, not everyone is cut out for making space combat games.

I think you mis-read my post. I hope GCO doesnt become vapour-ware, I am very much looking forward to its release!! I am glad it is currently working on it and will of corse play line of defense next year whilst waiting for you to release GCO.

As far as Jumpgate Evolution goes, I understand there will be a public press release very soon, with regard to both Jumpgate and Jumpgate Evolution

and Elite.. I know Frontier Developments are exceptionally busy at the moment, I am not sure if you attended gamescom, but they have 2 new title releasing through 2011. Fronier Developments employ over 200 people and are looking for even more staff for other projects. If i remember correctly DB stated he would be developing some of the technology used in the upcomming The Outsider in Elite 4.

Black Prophecy DOA - I am not convinced 

http://www.scifiandgames.com

dsmart

Apprentice Member

10/24/11 6:16:36 PM#26
Originally posted by Curricular
Originally posted by dsmart

I think you mis-read my post. I hope GCO doesnt become vapour-ware, I am very much looking forward to its release!! I am glad it is currently working on it and will of corse play line of defense next year whilst waiting for you to release GCO.

As far as Jumpgate Evolution goes, I understand there will be a public press release very soon, with regard to both Jumpgate and Jumpgate Evolution

and Elite.. I know Frontier Developments are exceptionally busy at the moment, I am not sure if you attended gamescom, but they have 2 new title releasing through 2011. Fronier Developments employ over 200 people and are looking for even more staff for other projects. If i remember correctly DB stated he would be developing some of the technology used in the upcomming The Outsider in Elite 4.

Black Prophecy DOA - I am not convinced 

Actually I wasn't only replying to just you. I just combined everything into one, while making some clear points.

Braben has "threatened" Elite4 for almost ten (?) years now. I don't believe that it will ever be  made because the core audience is not large enough to sustain it. The team sizes, overhead, dev costs etc all contribute toward whether a game is made or not.

Game developers are just human beings who happen to make games for a living.
If you want to hold us up to higher standards of conduct, then go ahead
...but don't be surprised if we don't uphold them.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search