Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,786,585 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,193,191
DUST 514 (D514)
CCP Games | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/14/13)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

DUST 514 Forum » General Discussion » Misconceptions from Dust's haters.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  hcoelho

Apprentice Member

2/16/13 5:58:13 PM#41

Why disliking something makes you a hater ?

i mean, i've talked bad about the game around here, because i'm a hater ? NO, i have a opinion about the game and its not good. Should i keep it for myself ? NO, forums exists for a reason. 

So... yeah, you can enjoy Dust but the game is kinda boring, unbalanced and feels dated. Every AAA shooter on the PS3 can top that and with Killzone 3 MP free as well, Dust may have a hard time.  And i gave it more than 1 try, i even forced myself to like it because i wanted to be part of EVE's world since i can't get into EVE itself. 

Thats my opinion, you are entitled to your own. 

Precusor

Advanced Member

Aim Bot

2/21/13 1:33:04 AM#42

Deleted:

Mors.Magne

Apprentice Member

2/21/13 5:57:26 AM#43
Originally posted by Elandir90

Why disliking something makes you a hater ?

i mean, i've talked bad about the game around here, because i'm a hater ? NO, i have a opinion about the game and its not good. Should i keep it for myself ? NO, forums exists for a reason. 

So... yeah, you can enjoy Dust but the game is kinda boring, unbalanced and feels dated. Every AAA shooter on the PS3 can top that and with Killzone 3 MP free as well, Dust may have a hard time.  And i gave it more than 1 try, i even forced myself to like it because i wanted to be part of EVE's world since i can't get into EVE itself. 

Thats my opinion, you are entitled to your own. 

I sort of agree with you, and I'm a fan of DUST 514.

The thing to remember is that this game is only a beta at the moment - they are testing / focusing on the PvP mechanics.

The 'motivations' for playing DUST haven't been introduced for testing yet - e.g. regional domination of the Eve universe and drone PvE.

This MMORPG.com website has given DUST a 'released' status, which isn't correct really.

timtrack

Spotlight Poster

2/21/13 6:15:18 AM#44
I think you're missing the concept of misconception.
  ChromeBallz

Advanced Member

4/02/13 5:36:29 AM#45

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by Thane uh really, 16 on 16? wow, that's the ammount PC shooters had like 10++ years ago.     the only reason i bitch (and ignore) dust514 is the only reason i bitch and ignore every concole shooter :) it's on console. real shooters are played on the PC.   thx for the discussion tho. was fun.
Don't blame that limitation on consoles, it's really on the developers. Mag for PS3 was a pretty massive FPS. Mag could have up to 256 players in a battle and it was PS3 only. 

Actually, MAG only had 32v32 battles. The 256 battles were split up into 4 battlefields which only influenced each other partially (kill an objective here, something moves there).

Also, people tend to forget that the 256 battles in MAG were very unpopular. They're basically dead nowadays, while 32/64 battles are easy to find.

Playing: EVE
Played (more than 1 month): WoW, Tera, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL, GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH, STO, TSW
Tried (trial, up to 1 month): EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG

Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

4/24/13 3:18:30 AM#46
Originally posted by Yamota

1,2 and 3 are not misconceptions but rather subjective opinions.

Dust is bad because they had the great idea of not releasing it on PC, which is the platform of Eve. That is why it will fail.

How do you feel about this prediction now?

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

4/24/13 3:27:54 AM#47
Nothing sticks it right back at them like... using the same flawed logic and argument they used to discredit the game back at them... /facepalm.
  Thane

Elite Member

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

4/24/13 3:32:39 AM#48

wow, 16 vs 16. how impressive.

at least if you only play shoters on the consoles, or didnt play a shooter since 2k.

the only reason we hate it is quite simple: PS only game. anything you wanna rgue about that ones?

and console shooters unfortunately DO have lousy controles, no matter how much you love your console.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

MMOExposed

Spotlight Poster

5/14/13 12:50:59 AM#49
Originally posted by Thane

wow, 16 vs 16. how impressive.

at least if you only play shoters on the consoles, or didnt play a shooter since 2k.

the only reason we hate it is quite simple: PS only game. anything you wanna rgue about that ones?

and console shooters unfortunately DO have lousy controles, no matter how much you love your console.

No I actually like the fact that its a PS3 only game, since I happen to have a PS3.

I do have an issue with it being a 16 vs 16 game, yet calling itself a MMOFPS, when non MMOFPS PS3 games like Resistance 2 can have 64 players.

Even MAG has more and is more fun to play. the modes in MAG are way more unique than Dust514's modes.

Jowen

Novice Member

5/15/13 9:25:10 AM#50

10 years ago, Eve Online had 5-6000 users at prime time and CCP had little financial backup...

I do not think they are worried this time around at all.

Loktofeit

Elite Member

Currently playing EVE, SMITE, Wildstar, and Combat Arms

5/15/13 9:52:12 AM#51
Originally posted by MMOExposed

I do have an issue with it being a 16 vs 16 game, yet calling itself a MMOFPS, when non MMOFPS PS3 games like Resistance 2 can have 64 players.

DUST 514 calls itself a massively multiplayer shooter not because of individual match size but because DUST players exist on the planets of the EVE Universe and interact directly - through communication and gameplay - not just with each other but with the EVE Online players, as well.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search