Trending Games | Star Trek Online | Cabal 2 | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Guild Wars 2

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,995,261 Users Online:0
Games:836  Posts:6,459,343
DUST 514 (D514)
CCP Games | Official Site
MMOFPS | Setting:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/14/13)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

DUST 514 Forum » General Discussion » Integration with Eve

5 posts found
  Erxi

Novice Member

OP  4/19/13 4:39:54 PM#1

I can't seem to find detailed information on how this game is intended to interact with the Eve universe.

Is it live against Tranquility yet?

Will everyone in Eve that wants to conquer a planet have to rent dust-playing mercs? What will make the matches balanced, I mean, strategically, you would want to attack mostly with an overwhelming force, right?

Eve players pays isk to dust player, dusties pays for gear in isk. Will dust player have any strategic interest in what goes on in the Eve universe, except maximizing their salaries?

Nitth

Elite Member

Magic Propels my Rolly Chair.

4/19/13 4:41:31 PM#2

Originally posted by Erxi
I can't seem to find detailed information on how this game is intended to interact with the Eve universe.

Will everyone in Eve that wants to conquer a planet have to rent dust-playing mercs? What will make the matches balanced, I mean, strategically, you would want to attack mostly with an overwhelming force, right?

Eve players pays isk to dust player, dusties pays for gear in isk. Will dust player have any strategic interest in what goes on in the Eve universe, except maximizing their salaries?

Yeah they are linked...

After dust mercs create a 'beacon'...eve players can make orbital strikes with an S type weapon..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Erxi

Novice Member

OP  4/19/13 4:45:53 PM#3
I see someone talking about districts on the dust forums, is that a strategic asset giving benefits to dust corps holding them?
  Malcanis

Novice Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

4/20/13 1:39:50 AM#4
Originally posted by Erxi

DUST already affects faction warfare; the results of DUST fights affect how the faction warfare struggle turns out. I believe that the next stage of the plan is that DUST planetary sov will affect the effectiveness of POS (player owned stations) at the moons of the planet - and that means real money in the EVE universe. People will pay very well for a bonus that makes their reaction farms and research POS more efficient.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Robokapp

Hard Core Member

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

4/20/13 1:56:13 AM#5
pos = player owned STRUCTURE :)