Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,796,546 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,510
DUST 514 (D514)
CCP Games | Official Site
MMOFPS | Genre:Sci-Fi | Status:Final  (rel 05/14/13)  | Pub:CCP Games
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Retail | Retail Price:n/a | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PS3 | Out of date info? Let us know!

DUST 514 Forum » General Discussion » Why this game will fail... and fail HARD.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
93 posts found
  Squal'Zell

Novice Member

"Next time i log in SWG ill probably see elves and druids"

2/11/13 3:21:29 PM#61

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

I think people skip over posts or ignore or deny their existence ill put it in caps

"I'm not going to play DUST because it is PS3 Exclusive, and i am a PC player that playes EVE"

DUST'S TARGET AUDIENCE IS NOT AIMED FOR YOU TO BEGIN WITH!

THEY DON'T WANT THE PC CROWD!

Hopefully that is clear enough.

Originally posted by perefim

I know a few things.

1. Dust is on Ps3 only.

2. I don't Own a Ps3.

3. Nor will I buy one for Dust.

4. I would play it on x360.

5. But it isn't there, so fuck it. 

Playstation hasn't been cool since about 1997, when ff7 was released. lol, btw POE has a system like materia, hence why I am playing the hell out of that during the week, and putting shit in front of my barrel on the weekends with my buddies on xbox.

since you can't bother reading 1 post over yours, here i quoted it for you

Malcanis

Advanced Member

"A very special kind of stupidity"

2/12/13 2:08:25 AM#62
Originally posted by perefim

I know a few things.

1. Dust is on Ps3 only.

2. I don't Own a Ps3.

3. Nor will I buy one for Dust.

4. I would play it on x360.

5. But it isn't there, so fuck it. 

Playstation hasn't been cool since about 1997, when ff7 was released. lol, btw POE has a system like materia, hence why I am playing the hell out of that during the week, and putting shit in front of my barrel on the weekends with my buddies on xbox.

If you're annoyed that Dust isn't available on the 360, then let Microsoft know you're unhappy about it. CCP wanted to launch it on both consoles, but MS refused to let them give free updates and expansions, or use game severs that MSoft didn't own.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

ChromeBallz

Advanced Member

4/02/13 5:42:56 AM#63

Originally posted by Crownregent
1 : It completely alienates the PC fan base from EVE, short of those who are willing to shell out for 299 Dollar in the US and 1.500 NOK-159 British pounds or euro in Europe for a PS3.

2: The whole first impression of the game, including a race called Jovians which WAS orginally on DUST 514 official page, is now gone making the game much more unattractive to older Eve players who still are PC DIE HARDS.

3: To make the game not take advantage of Same Server as orginal game is a big FAIL, as this will make Ventrillo nigh to impossible from EVE to DUST514 unless CCP somehow make Unique channels for each of the guilds. Which will really defy the whole point of Dust 514 integration into the mainstream EVE.

4: To make a game thats a platform exclusive is one thing, but to make it completely opposite the main fanbase of EVE, is just plain suicide for a offspring mmo.

Just my 10 cents.

This will be yet another Tabula Rasa... Much overhyped. Too quick too short too far from the fanbase and deemed to fail from day one.

1) It's not meant to appeal to the original fanbase, but to a new fanbase. CCP is looking to expand their market, so they're looking toward consoles which have a very different userbase than PC mmo's.

2) See 1). The game is not supposed to appeal to EVE players, but console FPS players.

3) Dust DOES run on Tranquility. You CAN talk to people in EVE.

4) You're repeating your earlier points again. See 1 and 2.

Playing: EVE
Played (more than 1 month): WoW, Tera, GW2, L2, WAR, AoC, DnL, GW, LotRO, EQ2, TOR, CoH, STO, TSW
Tried (trial, up to 1 month): EQ, UO, AO, EnB, TCoS, Fury, Ryzom, EU, DDO, TR, RF, CO, Aion, VG

Muke

Hard Core Member

4/02/13 5:58:46 AM#64

Originally posted by lizardbones
I could be wrong here, but I think CCP's goal is a whole bunch of new players participating in the Eve universe. They aren't really looking to get Eve players into Dust, because then there would be fewer people playing Eve.

** Dang It! Obi beat me to it! **

less lag in EVE.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Malcanis

Advanced Member

4/03/13 3:29:08 AM#65
Well Dust is failing pretty hard, only 1.5 million accounts created, if only CCP had listened to all the incognito game developers who post here with their years of publishing experience :( :( :(

Dihoru

Elite Member

4/03/13 3:43:02 AM#66

Out of my core group of friends in EVE I'd say 4 play Dust 514 already out of around 20 individuals , Hell my former CEO went full Dust 514, he still logs onto EVE mind you but way less than he used to. So I'd say just on that merit alone Dust 514 is a mild success among EVE fans and before you even ask 2 of those 4 bought PS3s specifically  to play Dust.

That said I was one of the guys pissed that CCP wasn't bringing Dust 514 to the PC anytime soon but after I calmed down and actually did a little research into their motives it makes sense because Sony offered to help fund development for Dust for exclusivity and while you may say what you want about the console crowd in general consoles themselves are good form factors for cross-linking experiments like these.

Mors.Magne

Apprentice Member

4/15/13 4:45:12 PM#67

Hopefully it will further improve after release when combat should feel more meaningful.

I think it needs rouge drone PvE.

Malcanis

Advanced Member

4/16/13 8:11:05 AM#68
Originally posted by Mors.Magne

Hopefully it will further improve after release when combat should feel more meaningful.

I think it needs rouge drone PvE.

I for one welcome our makeup-based overlords.

ThomasN7

Advanced Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

5/05/13 10:28:25 AM#69
This game is aimed at console players not pc players but I am almost positive if you are a pc player that wants to have a new experience CCP and Sony will welcome you with open arms. 
  Battlerock

Apprentice Member

5/05/13 10:32:42 AM#70
Eve players are getting a discount on the ps4 and the two worlds will come together with option for cross platform as well on ps4 and pc
  Jaxon26

Novice Member

5/10/13 12:17:44 PM#71
So 3 of your 4 bullets involve the fact that it's on the PS3? Hate to break it to you but I'm a PC gamer who has an Xbox 360, Wii and PS3. Most gamers aren't either/or anymore. 
  Ingvar

Advanced Member

5/12/13 2:57:09 PM#72
I'v been a PC gamer all my life, but bought a used PS3 for €90 for DUST. No problem at all.
  stalker989

Novice Member

5/23/13 3:54:48 PM#73
No console game will every surpass a PC game in the ability to mod, alter (yes cheating also unfortunately), and customize any given game. Unless console manufacturer's make their units upgradeable (which would probably cost more than a new one). I own all 3 (and some vintage console greatness), but rarely play consoles.

simplius

Novice Member

5/26/13 11:22:55 PM#74

Theres just so many hurdles here

two VERY competetive , but different player Groups are supposed to be working together as a team

theyre on TOTALLY different  game systems,, alot of tech issues

imagine , two raids in different instances, but still relying on each others success for progression,,flame wars de luxe

cccp are trying to get new customers, to compensate for the PLEX accounts

i seriously doubt, that this will help them much

UnrealRpg

Novice Member

5/26/13 11:28:38 PM#75
70 million consoles sold and f2p. I'm sure people will play it.
  aRtFuLThinG

Apprentice Member

5/27/13 12:19:27 AM#76
Originally posted by ChromeBallz

1) It's not meant to appeal to the original fanbase, but to a new fanbase. CCP is looking to expand their market, so they're looking toward consoles which have a very different userbase than PC mmo's.

The problem with that assumption is, console players are NOT looking for Eve type of games.

They are looking for quick and dirty - ie. games that they can just jump in a shoot a few folks online after work and then switch off and watch movie.

Dust will be a game that you need to care, need to make friends and play for hours on end. Thus it seems to be aiming for the wrong niche and wrong audience.

Precusor

Advanced Member

Aim Bot

6/13/13 9:33:45 AM#77

I think people skip over posts or ignore or deny their existence ill put it in caps

"I'm not going to play DUST because it is PS3 Exclusive, and i am a PC player that playes EVE"

Hows that working out for CCP? 

Squal'Zell

Novice Member

"Next time i log in SWG ill probably see elves and druids"

6/14/13 12:54:21 AM#78
Originally posted by Precusor

Hows that working out for CCP? 

Don't know, Don't care, i was just stating what CCP said...

Dr_Shivinski

Hard Core Member

6/14/13 1:07:53 AM#79
Originally posted by simplius

Theres just so many hurdles here

two VERY competetive , but different player Groups are supposed to be working together as a team

theyre on TOTALLY different  game systems,, alot of tech issues

imagine , two raids in different instances, but still relying on each others success for progression,,flame wars de luxe

cccp are trying to get new customers, to compensate for the PLEX accounts

i seriously doubt, that this will help them much

They don't need to compensate for PLEX accounts. They don't put the PLEX in the game, people buy PLEX from them to sell on the ingame market for quick ISK, we purchase that to pay for our game time. They still get paid either way just some other chump paid my sub fee for me while I played for a whole whopping five hours that month to make the isk to keep the sub up.

Here Siggy Siggy!

nolic1

Advanced Member

6/14/13 1:12:21 AM#80
People saying the game looks bad to me are wrong it runs great and plays perfect for a shooter. I play both PS2 and Dust and both with a controller and they both play really well with it. PS2 to me is good for massive world combat and Dust is my que to fight game that I jump on at least once a week if my sons not hogging the system. But CCP did right to bring an FPS to consoles and link it to EVE this way they get a much larger player base for an FPS and also get more spenders to it as well. I will stick to this and PS2 for my pvp shooters and Defiance and Destiny for my MMO shooters.

To me I enjoy gaming I dont play to be uber I play to have fun. If a game is not fun to me guess what I move on and play something else till I find one that is. When I find that great game and not sure if in my life time there will be one I hope it has everything I want in an mmo.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search