Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | EverQuest

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,859 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,649
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Checked Out Tera Again.

20 posts found
  Renoaku

Advanced Member

Joined: 2/10/07
Posts: 962

 
OP  1/12/13 2:35:50 AM#1

Since TERA has finally went F2P as I said it would over a year ago after Enmasses Massive Misleading ways.

Well I tried Tera again and the first thing I noticed when I load up TERA is the UI Bug, the Entire Interface and Huds Up Display is so small I could barely read it this is on a 1280 X 1024 Monitor Dual Monitor setup and its so small I can barely read. Yes I know I can adjust the UI  in game but its  annoying to have to be doing such as a consumer I would be able to login to the game and immediately play it like I can EVE Online or any other MMO.

Enmasse was informed of this bug since BETA and they have yet to fix it.

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-rising-play-for-free This doesn't look too bad although personally I will not be buying a subscription to TERA until they give me access to things like Full Unlimited Customizations and barbershops as far as my subscription there is no point in subscribing because I play EVE and I can live with my founder status just fine.

Although Since TERA is now free.

There isn't much to complain about now although I can say that this is what happens when a MMO company doesn't listen from the start misleads its consumers doesn't fix bugs, problems with Ninja Looting, and not correcting these things before launch.

TERA is FREE, so feel free to go give it a try if you want, just do not be shocked if they make it Pay 2 Enjoy, or Pay 2 Win and I mean beyond what is listed on that page but things like Limited Action Bars, and Bonus Damage in pvp.

  stayontarget

Guide

Joined: 10/04/08
Posts: 6131

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

1/12/13 2:41:57 AM#2

As you said, you can adjust the ui setting in game.  Also you can adjust the ui settings before you even step into the game world via the character selection screen.  Some people just like to compain i guess.

 

 

 

 

Eve, EVe, and more EVE.................

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  Laromuss

Novice Member

Joined: 3/13/12
Posts: 331

1/12/13 2:51:45 AM#3
Originally posted by Renoaku

Since TERA has finally went F2P as I said it would over a year ago after Enmasses Massive Misleading ways.

Well I tried Tera again and the first thing I noticed when I load up TERA is the UI Bug, the Entire Interface and Huds Up Display is so small I could barely read it this is on a 1280 X 1024 Monitor Dual Monitor setup and its so small I can barely read. Yes I know I can adjust the UI  in game but its  annoying to have to be doing such as a consumer I would be able to login to the game and immediately play it like I can EVE Online or any other MMO.

Enmasse was informed of this bug since BETA and they have yet to fix it.

http://support.enmasse.com/tera/tera-rising-play-for-free This doesn't look too bad although personally I will not be buying a subscription to TERA until they give me access to things like Full Unlimited Customizations and barbershops as far as my subscription there is no point in subscribing because I play EVE and I can live with my founder status just fine.

Although Since TERA is now free.

There isn't much to complain about now although I can say that this is what happens when a MMO company doesn't listen from the start misleads its consumers doesn't fix bugs, problems with Ninja Looting, and not correcting these things before launch.

TERA is FREE, so feel free to go give it a try if you want, just do not be shocked if they make it Pay 2 Enjoy, or Pay 2 Win and I mean beyond what is listed on that page but things like Limited Action Bars, and Bonus Damage in pvp.

reply to the highlighted.  You make it sound like F2P is the end of the world for them when in fact it will be much much better and attract way more players.  Additonally not sure where you have been they fixed a lot of bugs, ninja looting etc eventually. Every game has issues when it starts but thses are definitely not the reasons why the game went F2P.  The lack of content and Pvp in a game that supposedly pvp was the issue.  

  Legere

Apprentice Member

Joined: 11/20/11
Posts: 113

1/12/13 3:15:10 AM#4
I'll defnitely give tera another go, and will get all my friends into it also.  i tried the 7 day beta and loved it.  its a real solid, awesome game. !!! good on them for going F2P!! 
  GoldenArrow

Hard Core Member

Joined: 6/09/08
Posts: 1107

1/12/13 3:55:48 AM#5

Going F2P in such manner was the best move for Tera.

I'm expecting a lot of people in Tera due to this.

  DamonVile

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/22/05
Posts: 4909

1/12/13 4:16:05 AM#6
Originally posted by stayontarget

.  Some people just like to compain i guess.

 

Eve, EVe, and more EVE.................

From his very first line you could tell where it was going.

  timeraider

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/20/11
Posts: 552

1/12/13 5:48:18 AM#7

f2p is a great decision, the Ui stuff is your own fault.. yust change your settings, and i have a feeling the devs will be way to lazy to take the time to implement p2w stuff.. dont worry.

Also they kinda already published many times, including in their trailer they would never go as far as doing that. Yes, they could mislead you... but till now ive no reason to doubt them and since the game is free.. any second of playtime i profit for me :D

  Torgir

Novice Member

Joined: 3/09/11
Posts: 27

1/12/13 5:57:38 AM#8
LOL about the UI scaling. Had mine way too big on my 2560x1440 screen so I simply fixed it from the options. 10 secs later it was perfect. I really like the UI look too, slick. Doubt they'll pull off any SWTORish actionbar scamming as they already made fun of it in their TERA f2p trailer. :D
  Doogiehowser

Novice Member

Joined: 3/14/12
Posts: 1939

1/12/13 6:13:01 AM#9
Originally posted by stayontarget

As you said, you can adjust the ui setting in game.  Also you can adjust the ui settings before you even step into the game world via the character selection screen.  Some people just like to compain i guess.

 

 

 

 

Eve, EVe, and more EVE.................

I see that your stance has not changed even after Tera went F2P eventhough it was yet anothr themepark failure in west.

According to you people complained when Tera released and said it is an average game and going to fail as a P2P game and you are still singing the same song after those people have been proven right.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
-Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
-Luke McKinney

  User Deleted
1/12/13 6:27:14 AM#10

Some folk seem to have a bone to pick with TERA and I don't know why. 

It's as if Bluehole Studios/En Masse made a manifesto to which the game didn't live up to. What's up?

I believe there are truly awful titles out there but I don't see anyone going out of their way (like with TERA) to post (like in a necro thread without even looking at the post dates) how awful they are.

 

  Undeadly

Novice Member

Joined: 12/03/08
Posts: 52

1/12/13 6:38:11 AM#11

Hi, I got back into Tera today.  I got the North American  unlimited free trial Version because I heard  on here that the EU version is bad.  I have been playing Guild Wars 2 for a few months now and it is a breath of fresh air going back to a regular Hotkey MMO without the sometimes confusing aspects of GW2.  I love

Guild Wars 2 but some of the game mechanics seem overly complex, maybe that's just me. 

The World of Tera is good looking and the combat is fun.

 I am glad it has gone F.T.P.

  DamonVile

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/22/05
Posts: 4909

1/12/13 11:52:41 AM#12
Originally posted by NBlitz

Some folk seem to have a bone to pick with TERA and I don't know why. 

It's as if Bluehole Studios/En Masse made a manifesto to which the game didn't live up to. What's up?

I believe there are truly awful titles out there but I don't see anyone going out of their way (like with TERA) to post (like in a necro thread without even looking at the post dates) how awful they are.

 

It sort of makes you wonder if it's because it's an Asian game.

  Laughing-man

Novice Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3390

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

1/12/13 11:58:10 AM#13
Originally posted by Renoaku

 

Enmasse was informed of this bug since BETA and they have yet to fix it.

 

As someone who played in their Closed Beta, your complaint is a unique one.  I've NEVER seen anyone cry about the UI, its the single most customizable of any mmo on the market...

  Pivotelite

Novice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2193

1/12/13 1:24:44 PM#14
Originally posted by Laughing-man
Originally posted by Renoaku

 

Enmasse was informed of this bug since BETA and they have yet to fix it.

 

As someone who played in their Closed Beta, your complaint is a unique one.  I've NEVER seen anyone cry about the UI, its the single most customizable of any mmo on the market...

Yeah, I've yet to play a game with a UI more customizable. Even the chats, I could divide them up into 6 different boxes all different sizes, different colours, whatever the hell I feel like. You can scale every piece of the UI individually and move them around without even going to options lol.

  Robokapp

Elite Member

Joined: 11/15/09
Posts: 4753

The only luck I had today was to have you as my opponent.

1/12/13 1:27:45 PM#15
how expensive is this free game ?

  User Deleted
1/12/13 2:10:11 PM#16

Same, I just came back after getting a email from them.

 

I bought the collector's edition last year when it came out, so now I'm a Founder.

 

I'm kinda confuse, everything is a bit different from Guild Wars 2. I need a guide or something because I can't remember much about  the game.

 

Anyways I love the graphics and the combat system!

 

 

  Eir_S

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/07/11
Posts: 4703

GW2 socialist.

1/12/13 2:54:52 PM#17
I'm considering trying it again now... I didn't think the combat system was that great, and the starter island's cutesy feel turned me off, but I only tried it briefly and some people have told me it gets darker and more "serious" later.  The voice acting was pretty awful too, but then I play GW2, so....... :p
  Pivotelite

Novice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2193

1/12/13 8:46:37 PM#18
Originally posted by Eir_S
I'm considering trying it again now... I didn't think the combat system was that great, and the starter island's cutesy feel turned me off, but I only tried it briefly and some people have told me it gets darker and more "serious" later.  The voice acting was pretty awful too, but then I play GW2, so....... :p

 TERA combat is great but they made progressing to the great part take to long, most leave before they ever get any feel for the combat really because its not until 20+ you get any feel for it and honestly you never fully appreciate it until you run hard dungeons as a tank or melee dps endgame. 90% of people were gone before HM endgame lol.

  radesk

Novice Member

Joined: 10/04/09
Posts: 11

1/12/13 9:08:20 PM#19
I did not knew that TERA had this unlimited days trial, thx for the topic, i'll be downloading again and trying to remember why the hell i quited this game!
  timeraider

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/20/11
Posts: 552

1/13/13 6:07:31 AM#20
Originally posted by Robokapp
how expensive is this free game ?

Lets see.. for 0 dollars you can get into the game, do 100% of possible stuff and no restrictions aside from only having 2 character spots (paid have 8), 76 bankspots (paid have 200 or something) and you can only have 10 auctions running at the auction house at the same time.

The cashshop contains cosmetic outfits, cosmeticly better looking mounts and yes.. also an +10% experience bonus.

 

TBH i think TERA is very generous for the free player and i couldnt care less for the things in the cashshop.

They did say that nothing worse then the exp boost would ever get into the cashshop.. nothing that will give you an advantage over someone of the same level. 

 

tbh.. i think they are to lazy to take the time to implement p2w stuff anyway :D

 

BE AWARE: I AM TALKING ABOUT THE EU VERSION ATM. THE NA VERSION IS ALLOWED TO BE RUN DIFFERENTLY SO I CANT SAY IF THEY MIGHT NOT ACT LIKE THE EU COMPANY PROMISES... 

THOUGH IN THE NA TRAILER ALSO IS SAID THEY WILL KEEP THE CASHSHOP CLEAN OF P2W STUFF.