Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,636 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,718
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » WTF?!?!?! NO!!!!!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search
87 posts found
  NobleNerd

Elite Member

Try not!Do or do notThere is no try.

1/10/13 5:30:36 PM#21
Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Onomas
restrictions on there are almost as horrible as SWTOR. Was thinking of giving it another try, but whats the point when you are so limited in every way. Why i hate F2P games, just not worth it.

What are the limitations of the F2P? Do they restrict your ability bars? That still takes the cake for most nonsensical restriction I think.

I know.... SWTOR restricting your hotbars is crazy! I played until I realized how many little annoying transactions I would need to play a standard type game. If Tera goes this direction I will put it on that dusty shelf also.

NobleNerdom
Power to the player!

MMOdad72

Novice Member

1/10/13 5:39:20 PM#22
Why would anyone complain about the F2P system TERA is implementing ?
They sound more generous than any other F2P I've heard of ?
The polar opposite of SWTOR in fact?
  r3zs1ckn3ss

Apprentice Member

Post prego bewbies feel amazing!!

OP  1/10/13 6:02:34 PM#23

No one is QQ'n over anything sir. It's an open discussion.

I have no issues with the F2P model, but a lot of the F2P games eventually die down in players and then it's on to the next one.

Sure Tera stays the same as when it was subbed. EVen bonuses for current players and more for paying players. But there are many who are a little less open minded to F2P. And like I said about dying down. That possibility is always there. And I've invested a lot of time into my toons not to mention money on outfits and other vanity stuff. I'll continue as long as it has a decent playerbase and they keep on pumping out more content.

New build in progress.
Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!

khartokhar3

Novice Member

1/11/13 11:33:35 AM#24
Originally posted by r3zs1ckn3ss

I have no issues with the F2P model, but a lot of the F2P games eventually die down in players and then it's on to the next one.

Sure Tera stays the same as when it was subbed. EVen bonuses for current players and more for paying players. But there are many who are a little less open minded to F2P. And like I said about dying down. That possibility is always there. And I've invested a lot of time into my toons not to mention money on outfits and other vanity stuff. I'll continue as long as it has a decent playerbase and they keep on pumping out more content.

well yeah thats true. but in teras case the p2p model ist the problem. the eu-version has only 4 servers left. what do u think how long would it take to make the publisher just close down the rest of the servers, if the population continues to go down?

that move was just logical and i think the last try to save the game.

MMOGamer71

Hard Core Member

1/11/13 11:35:00 AM#25
Never buy a MMO, it will be F2P in 8 months.
  botrytis

Advanced Member

1/11/13 11:39:32 AM#26
Originally posted by Malamasala
Originally posted by lizardbones

restrictions on there are almost as horrible as SWTOR. Was thinking of giving it another try, but whats the point when you are so limited in every way. Why i hate F2P games, just not worth it.

What are the limitations of the F2P? Do they restrict your ability bars? That still takes the cake for most nonsensical restriction I think.

The restrictions is your usual anti gold farmer design.

If you want to play for free, you only get 2 character slots. (Retarded, because it means you have to make 4 accounts to get 8 slots for free). You can only send 10 gold at a time (since they don't want gold selling transactions, and to prevent you from sending gold between your free accounts). 10 broker slots (again, so you don't make a lot of fast gold).

In most other senses it is the same as now. I think most of it except the character limit is OK. They are just shooting themselves in the foot with telling people to make multiple accounts instead of a single one for their characters. You can of course buy extra character slots, so I guess they simply wanted to make money. But the result is still that free2play people will make a ton of accounts.

2 slots PER SERVER - get real.

"In 50 years, when I talk to my grandchildren about these days, I'll make sure to mention what an accomplished MMO player I was. They are going to be so proud ..."
by Naqaj - 7/17/2013 MMORPG.com forum

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

1/11/13 11:43:10 AM#27
Originally posted by Kain_Dale

Guess there is a new method for making new games: Game box with cd to sell for 60 bucks... then 1 year later make it go free 2 play with cash shop for more money.  

Company still thinks greed > fun which is really sad.

People really have some strange thought processes....

If you think this f2p was done out of greed and not out of failure I am surprised you even posses the ability to use a computer.

strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

1/11/13 11:45:49 AM#28

One dfference with TERA is its target audience (the younger portion of the MMORPG population...late teens/young 20s) is the crowd that plays F2P games more.  It might catch on because of that.

edit: maybe I shouldnt say target audience, but more of the audience it appeals too.  The target audience was a different region than ours.

Derros

Advanced Member

1/11/13 11:47:59 AM#29
The restrictions seem really fair, dungeon ones are a bit annoying but whatever.  If I had known it was going F2P I woulda picked it up on Amazon for $5 to get the founder benefits.
  User Deleted
1/11/13 11:48:32 AM#30
I dont see the issue. Its not goin gpay to win.
  arctarus

Advanced Member

1/11/13 11:53:16 AM#31

Remove the ip restrictions!!! Damn...

RIP Orc Choppa

sapphen

Novice Member

1/11/13 11:54:10 AM#32
There is a lot of subscription bigotry here, f2p does not mean fail.   It's a valid subscription method that will introduce new players to the game (the quaility of which is yet to be seen).  Nonetheless you've got to stay current with the times.  F2p is the trend and we'll be seeing many MMOs having this option.
  UnrealRpg

Novice Member

1/11/13 11:55:37 AM#33
As much as I liked tera when I first picked it up. I never thought it was really worth the sub fee. Now I can have it installed and play when ever. I think it should have been F2p or B2p from the begining.
  strangiato2112

Spotlight Poster

1/11/13 11:58:48 AM#34
Originally posted by sapphen
There is a lot of subscription bigotry here, f2p does not mean fail.   It's a valid subscription method that will introduce new players to the game (the quaility of which is yet to be seen).  Nonetheless you've got to stay current with the times.  F2p is the trend and we'll be seeing many MMOs having this option.

LOTRO = new content worse after f2p

EQ2 = new content worse after f2p

games meant to be sub games tend to change for the worse after f2p.

And the community becomes worse as well, though that shouldnt matter in TERAs case.

OMGr8573

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 12:01:19 PM#35
Originally posted by Skuall
was expected :S

I know. I've been in denial for a while. Or maybe I tried to see and hang onto the potential that Tera had. Bluehole could have done a lot better. I can't really blame En Masse. The devs at Bluehole just couldn't deliver enough decent positives in the game. Well I guess it's on to Blade and Soul.

Good chance you'll be passing on Blade and Soul too. Since it's going to be with NCSoft, it'll more or likely be F2P or will become F2P after a while.

You might not be playing any mmo's since most are becoming F2P.

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/11/13 12:05:45 PM#36
Originally posted by sapphen

Actualy yes, yes it does in most cases. It only provides those that cant pay the option to play with limits. Normaly you get a bad crowd also. If you didnt want to pay to play the game before, going f2p doesnt make the game any better, just cheaper. Cash shops are the worst thing in mmorpg history. F2P players will never be on equal grounds to someone that pays or buys from the cash shop. Its only good because you dont have to pay out of pocket, that is the only good thing about going f2p. And the majority of games you label F2P are not actualy free, not if you wish to be on par with others.

Some f2p games are ok, and some people confuse b2p with f2p.

Nadia

Tipster

1/11/13 12:33:49 PM#37
Originally posted by strangiato2112

And the community becomes worse as well, though that shouldnt matter in TERAs case.

its too early to judge the EQ2 transition

EQ2 started going to f2p in Aug 2011 w freeport server

since that time - seen DOV, AOD, COE expansions

prior to f2p, 

EQ2 expansions The Shadow Odyssey and Sentinels Fate were also lackluster  (in my opinion)

sapphen

Novice Member

1/11/13 12:36:14 PM#38
Originally posted by strangiato2112

So you're trying to tell me that the money F2P players spend make a lesser quaility product than the money of subscribers?  F2p creates additional revenue that would not have otherwise been made.  If there is a problem with the quaility it is the developers fault, not f2p.

Actualy yes, yes it does in most cases. It only provides those that cant pay the option to play with limits. Normaly you get a bad crowd also. If you didnt want to pay to play the game before, going f2p doesnt make the game any better, just cheaper. Cash shops are the worst thing in mmorpg history. F2P players will never be on equal grounds to someone that pays or buys from the cash shop. Its only good because you dont have to pay out of pocket, that is the only good thing about going f2p. And the majority of games you label F2P are not actualy free, not if you wish to be on par with others.

Some f2p games are ok, and some people confuse b2p with f2p.

Actually no, no it doesn't in most cases.  Do you mean those who can't pay or those who don't feel the product is worth 15 bucks a month?  I can see it now, a hobo sitting on the side of the street playing Tera on his labtop.  Those damn free players, they should go out and get a job.  As far as the community it brings in, I'd say it has a lot to do with what kind of glasses you're wearing.  If you think there are no asshats and trolls in subscription based MMOs then I would suggest you expand the way you see the world.

Going free2play does make the game better because it adds additional income and increases the population to play with.  A well made cash shop is one of the best thing to happen to the genre.  People who play for free shouldn't have the same accomadations as people who pay a monthly fee.  Tera has a very nice f2p model planned, it is not pay to win at all so your logic fails to convince me of your point.

I agree that too many times people and developers confuse buy2play with free2play.

TribeofOne

Apprentice Member

1/11/13 12:37:12 PM#39
woohoo, now i can get back to FERPing
  kurosenshu

Advanced Member

1/11/13 12:44:05 PM#40
Originally posted by Skuall
was expected :S

I know. I've been in denial for a while. Or maybe I tried to see and hang onto the potential that Tera had. Bluehole could have done a lot better. I can't really blame En Masse. The devs at Bluehole just couldn't deliver enough decent positives in the game. Well I guess it's on to Blade and Soul.

Hmm, if you're expecting blade and soul to be p2p I'm afraid you will be sadly dissapointed.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » Search