Trending Games | ArcheAge | Firefall | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,944 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,310
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » Reviews & Impressions » TERABAD - I Want A Refund

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search
54 posts found
  Chrisbox

Elite Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1506

5/31/12 11:20:19 PM#21
Originally posted by BartDaCat
Originally posted by Kyleran

Oh look, someone has created a new account just to bash TERA, never seen that happen before.

Post on your main dude and maybe someone will take you seriously.

BTW, I find TERA to be a solidly average MMO, probably around a 7 to 7.5 but I enjoy it for the fun aspects it has and will do so until something better comes along.

 

You noticed that too, eh?

Really dont understand why people on forums take the time to do things such as that, for any game at the matter.  But haters gonna hate I guess.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

  Jimmydean

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/21/04
Posts: 1302

5/31/12 11:20:45 PM#22

I'll trade ya Diablo 3 for it. Then you will see what a really TERABAD game looks like.

  Resterz

Novice Member

Joined: 3/03/10
Posts: 72

5/31/12 11:27:56 PM#23

Im just glad I got in on one of the weekends, and got to try it out because it seemed pretty cool. It wasn't.

  Netspook

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/01/07
Posts: 1440

5/31/12 11:57:05 PM#24
Originally posted by Kyleran

Oh look, someone has created a new account just to bash TERA, never seen that happen before.

Post on your main dude and maybe someone will take you seriously.

BTW, I find TERA to be a solidly average MMO, probably around a 7 to 7.5 but I enjoy it for the fun aspects it has and will do so until something better comes along.

 

Before you start bashing others like that, take a look on your own account. 14,600 posts, that's around 7 posts every single day without exceptions in almost 6 years. A lot could be said about that too, you know.

And btw, I do take him seriously. Well, just a little though, like all comments about a game. His opinion alone does nothing for me, but it adds up to the overall opinions the masses have about the game. Which in turn will help me decide if I'm gonna try this game, or not. His post was poorly written with lack of details, but frankly, you added less than he did.

  Laughing-man

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3378

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

6/01/12 12:03:11 AM#25
Originally posted by SalmonSalad

Did the box say repetitive PvE, lack of PvP, awful community and exploits? I bought the digital version and missed it.

never heard of any exploits, you can make up what ever story you like, however, that does not make any of us believe a word you have to say.

Lack of PVP?  it has open world PVP, I pvp more in this game than any other MMO in the past 10 years.

And you said it was an asian grinder?  HAH  I have two 60's in less than a month of playing, and I've not even been playing that hard core.  How could it possibly be a grinder?  It has several ways to level and its at a rather quick pace.

 

OP, you are simply someone who cannot be bothered with facts.  :-(

  Drealgrin

Novice Member

Joined: 5/05/06
Posts: 165

6/01/12 12:08:58 AM#26

It's another Korean MMOclone crapfest, just like Aion was before it. I'll never understand why a westerner would buy this type of game when there are SO many that are EXACTLY the same for free if you just look online.

  Chrisbox

Elite Member

Joined: 7/15/10
Posts: 1506

6/01/12 12:13:17 AM#27
Originally posted by Laughing-man
Originally posted by SalmonSalad

Did the box say repetitive PvE, lack of PvP, awful community and exploits? I bought the digital version and missed it.

never heard of any exploits, you can make up what ever story you like, however, that does not make any of us believe a word you have to say.

Lack of PVP?  it has open world PVP, I pvp more in this game than any other MMO in the past 10 years.

And you said it was an asian grinder?  HAH  I have two 60's in less than a month of playing, and I've not even been playing that hard core.  How could it possibly be a grinder?  It has several ways to level and its at a rather quick pace.

 

OP, you are simply someone who cannot be bothered with facts.  :-(

15v15 battleground also announced for pvp, just saying :D.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

  IMPYRE

Elite Member

Joined: 9/27/04
Posts: 2887

Yes, I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

6/01/12 12:13:55 AM#28
Originally posted by SalmonSalad

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

 

It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

Ok 1st of all I am on a PVE server and at level 30, just give you my input so far.

1. Community - Very helpful when asked for help and many guilds to join from. Players always looking for other players for help on certain missions in the open world.

2. PvE - This game is no different then WoW when it was released (yeah I know that was 2004, but it does have a Classic WoW feel to it). Alot of us gamers now want more from a MMO since WoW raised the bar on what should be in a mmo now.

3. PvP - Join a guild or go become a PKer on a PvP server, you can attack anyone you want (above 11). Other than that, I cant speak much about the PvP servers since I am not on one at the moment.

4. Always exploits in new games that players find, nothing new hear.

5. It definitely looks asian, but no different from Aion and Final Fantasy, so if you like them type of graphics, TERA will be easy to adjust to.

Now things I found in TERA that stood out for me.

1. Combat style is fun and different than what we are used to, dungeons are more challenging since there is no tab targetting and open world questing as well when it comes to combat (it is nice having combo moves in game).

2. Huge shared bank space for all your characters.

3. No restrictions on how many crafting professions you want to do and harvesting, gathering or mining give buffs.

4. Open seamless world effect, you can travel from one location to another on mount without having to load in another instance. However when you take the Flight Masters to travel, I sense this is there load session or if you use teleport inside a dungeon.

5. It has a looking for Dungeon party que.

6. Your story mission, guild missions, zone missions, group missions, and repeatable missions to choose from.

7. Enchanting weapons, Glyphs to change your characters build and customable social gear..

I am pretty sure there is more I can throw down, but this is all I know at this hour of the night and being only level 30 on the game.

I am not much of a fantasy game player since I usually choose Sci Fi settings for my game, but TERA is awkward enough for me to play at the moment. To me this game took a while to get acclimated to its mechanics, but now I am enjoying my time, at least for the 1st month. I will resub to it for another month.

*edit for mispelling

 

  Loke666

Elite Member

Joined: 10/29/07
Posts: 16620

6/01/12 12:14:35 AM#29
Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by SalmonSalad
Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

Research before you buy then maybe you wont have this problem.

I'm mean really, Did it do everything it said on the box?

Agreed, a little research will save you a lot of troubles.

Tera delivered what it promised to do, no more or less. If that ain´t enough do your research.

I am starting to get tired of people wanting a refund but easily could have found out that they shouldn´t buy the game before launch. It is one thing if the game actually are broken but Tera is relatively bug free.

  Laughing-man

Hard Core Member

Joined: 4/23/09
Posts: 3378

I thought what I'd do is I'd pretend I was one of those Deaf-mutes.

6/01/12 12:15:46 AM#30
Originally posted by Drealgrin

It's another Korean MMOclone crapfest. Thanks for your baseless opinion with no facts or data or information to back up any of these baseless claims., just like Aion was before it. Aion, the 2nd most played MMO is a crapfest?  Heh, well haters gunna hate I guess?  . I'll never understand why a westerner this makes you sound racist. would buy this type of game when there are SO many that are EXACTLY the same for free if you just look online.  Name one?  RaiderZ? Oh right its actually very different... Other than that there is literally nothing even remotely close.

Cool story bro, its nice when people have facts or at least back up their opinions with data other than negative adjectives that give literally no detail or information other than how much you personally dislike something.  

 

  Otakun

Novice Member

Joined: 12/28/07
Posts: 905

6/01/12 12:20:03 AM#31

I got the game for half price on Amazon. The PVE is terrible and if anyone says "its just like WoW" needs to go back and play WoW. Now, for those who are actually still reading, I'm still playing cause nothing better is around. It's something to keep me busy till PSO2 goes open beta. 

  Dren_Utogi

Novice Member

Joined: 8/21/10
Posts: 1468

6/01/12 12:32:35 AM#32

kind of funny since Tera's entire game is based around guild vs guild pv and political system, things that you wouldnt see until deep in to the end game, which in most mmos , the part where the game really starts. Ive never seen any mmo have everything  a player wants at the beginning of character creation, most great things are granted to actual "players" of the game.

 

Getting mad that SWTOR is failing really shouldnt have posters trying to sabatoge one of the best mmos to be released since LotRO.

reviews are !@#$ing stupid. Play what you love.

  User Deleted
6/01/12 12:41:25 AM#33

Making a topic here about asking for a refund seems bit awkward to me mmorpg.com can't give you refund back.

I'll strongly advice you to try enmasse for refund then asking a mmorpg site for refund:P

  User Deleted
6/01/12 12:43:25 AM#34
Originally posted by I_Return

kind of funny since Tera's entire game is based around guild vs guild pv and political system, things that you wouldnt see until deep in to the end game, which in most mmos , the part where the game really starts. Ive never seen any mmo have everything  a player wants at the beginning of character creation, most great things are granted to actual "players" of the game.

 

Getting mad that SWTOR is failing really shouldnt have posters trying to sabatoge one of the best mmos to be released since LotRO.

Maybe you have missed this but GW2 have all at beginning after you create your character:)

  n3v3rriv3r

Novice Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 323

6/01/12 12:53:59 AM#35
Originally posted by StrangeEyes
Originally posted by I_Return

kind of funny since Tera's entire game is based around guild vs guild pv and political system, things that you wouldnt see until deep in to the end game, which in most mmos , the part where the game really starts. Ive never seen any mmo have everything  a player wants at the beginning of character creation, most great things are granted to actual "players" of the game.

 

Getting mad that SWTOR is failing really shouldnt have posters trying to sabatoge one of the best mmos to be released since LotRO.

Maybe you have missed this but GW2 have all at beginning after you create your character:)

Nope, not true. Yes it is a great game but there is no gvg and political system as they are in Tera.

  Xasapis

Tipster

Joined: 1/12/07
Posts: 5608

6/01/12 12:56:51 AM#36

Actually GW2 "will" have these things, when the game actually launches (well, minus the PvP servers that is).

It's like taking the feature list of DF (before that game was out) and questioning every other developer why their games don't have them. Well, we do know how that worked out. Unrealistic expectations can hurt the enjoyment of the game, when it eventually comes out.

Also, GW2 talk in every part of the forum is now elevated to the status of general mmorpg chat channel where people claim that wow is the first mmorpg. Annoying, of little substance and adds nothing to the discussion.

 

As for the OP, I'd say one thing. I find it hilarious that people consider Frogster a bad company, when EN Masse is the one riddled with issues, especially on the subscription and billing front. I suppose that some of you consider a company good when they have patient GMs, despite any other issues?

I hope your issues are resolved, though I doubt this is the proper media to solve them. But I guess you're just here to unload some steam.

  palulalula

Novice Member

Joined: 9/07/11
Posts: 670

6/01/12 12:58:59 AM#37
Originally posted by SalmonSalad

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

 

It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

And you are  fan of 4 games, right?  gw2+gw2+gw2+gw2

  n3v3rriv3r

Novice Member

Joined: 5/13/10
Posts: 323

6/01/12 1:01:14 AM#38
Originally posted by Xasapis

Actually GW2 "will" have these things, when the game actually launches (well, minus the PvP servers that is).

Will have what? Vanarchs? Elections? Wtf are you talking about? Realy tired of the senseless hyping...

  Xasapis

Tipster

Joined: 1/12/07
Posts: 5608

6/01/12 1:03:30 AM#39
Originally posted by palulalula
Originally posted by SalmonSalad

Between the community, awful PvE, lack of PvP, lack of things to do and now exploiting I cannot play this asian grinder.

 

It's so bad it's TERABAD and I want a refund.

And you are  fan of 4 games, right?  gw2+gw2+gw2+gw2

That "terabad" description reminds me of gamebreaker.tv clowns and the treatment they gave Tera as opposed to their love child SW:TOR. I guess now they have no room in their mouth to stuff their feet into.

  BizkitNL

Old School

Joined: 12/29/02
Posts: 2286

"Free to play, pay to win""

6/01/12 1:04:41 AM#40
Originally posted by Laughing-man
Originally posted by Drealgrin

It's another Korean MMOclone crapfest. Thanks for your baseless opinion with no facts or data or information to back up any of these baseless claims., just like Aion was before it. Aion, the 2nd most played MMO is a crapfest?  Heh, well haters gunna hate I guess?  . I'll never understand why a westerner this makes you sound racist. would buy this type of game when there are SO many that are EXACTLY the same for free if you just look online.  Name one?  RaiderZ? Oh right its actually very different... Other than that there is literally nothing even remotely close.

Cool story bro, its nice when people have facts or at least back up their opinions with data other than negative adjectives that give literally no detail or information other than how much you personally dislike something.  

 

All you did was shoot down his baseless opinion with your own baseless opinion 

Feel like trying Planetside 2? Get a headstart with the starter kit!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 » Search