Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,925 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,738
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » TERA to be the sleeper hit of 2012......

33 Pages First « 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » Last Search
651 posts found
  xKingdomx

Novice Member

4/15/12 3:41:17 AM#441
Originally posted by burdock2

With all these other high profile MMOs running ramparnt atm (SWTOR/TSW/GW2) I feel that TERA might just be that sleeper that makes a bigger spalsh than people are predicting. I tried out the CBT but didnt really get into it much as I knew my character was going to be deleted, I didnt want to get too attached. Now that Open Beta is upon us and we actually get to keep the character through to launch (normally unheard of) then I can really sink my teeth in.

This will be what Final Fantasy XIV and AION should have been (for the western audience) and I forsee a smooth laucnh.

Not to mention, it will knock Age of Conan off for being the best looking MMO. I simply have not seen better graphics (better than GW2 too) on PC, EVER!! Thats right, this has to be the most beautiful piece of electronic artwork I have ever seen!

If you have not seen it in action, you are missing it!

TERA for MMO GAME OF THE YEAR!!

So what you are saying is that, you are calling TERA MMO game of the year when you haven't even "sink your teeth in"

TERA got great action combat in a MMO sense, but it is a terrible action game overall. 

Just because you can dodge a hit, doesn't make it great action combat, the attacks are extremely slow paced for an action combat game. You walk slow, attack slow, just because you have to aim, doesn't automatically make it fun.

The pacing of the game is terrible, just another point 1 to point 2 fetch quest. Story? What story? If anyone has actualloy read the quest text, the writing is terrible.

Unless you can participate in the political system and ignore questline from level 10 (I can tolerate the starting island), I'm not willing to grind 50 levels just so I can have fun. It will even be alright if it is viable to just join a guild and hunt BAM to level up, but then, if every guild is doing that, it will probably be queues.

Also the playerbase is terrible, there are constant kill steal even for the starting levels, they just come in and start killing your target,or maybe the lag is just that bad and they can't see when others are exactly at.

The community is terrible, not just the killstealing, have anyone seen the seen the chat channels? Constant insults and the whole pedo with the Elin, namecalling. I can ignore, but constantly pausing to interface and ignore, makes the already apparent pacing issues even more apparent.

While the combat is borderline fun, it reminded me how terrible the traditional level and questing structure is.

F2P or B2P in a one and a half year.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

User Deleted
4/15/12 3:54:02 AM#442
Originally posted by xKingdomx

With all these other high profile MMOs running ramparnt atm (SWTOR/TSW/GW2) I feel that TERA might just be that sleeper that makes a bigger spalsh than people are predicting. I tried out the CBT but didnt really get into it much as I knew my character was going to be deleted, I didnt want to get too attached. Now that Open Beta is upon us and we actually get to keep the character through to launch (normally unheard of) then I can really sink my teeth in.

This will be what Final Fantasy XIV and AION should have been (for the western audience) and I forsee a smooth laucnh.

Not to mention, it will knock Age of Conan off for being the best looking MMO. I simply have not seen better graphics (better than GW2 too) on PC, EVER!! Thats right, this has to be the most beautiful piece of electronic artwork I have ever seen!

So what you are saying is that, you are calling TERA MMO game of the year when you haven't even "sink your teeth in"

TERA got great action combat in a MMO sense, but it is a terrible action game overall. 

Just because you can dodge a hit, doesn't make it great action combat, the attacks are extremely slow paced for an action combat game. You walk slow, attack slow, just because you have to aim, doesn't automatically make it fun.

The pacing of the game is terrible, just another point 1 to point 2 fetch quest. Story? What story? If anyone has actualloy read the quest text, the writing is terrible.

Unless you can participate in the political system and ignore questline from level 10 (I can tolerate the starting island), I'm not willing to grind 50 levels just so I can have fun. It will even be alright if it is viable to just join a guild and hunt BAM to level up, but then, if every guild is doing that, it will probably be queues.

Also the playerbase is terrible, there are constant kill steal even for the starting levels, they just come in and start killing your target,or maybe the lag is just that bad and they can't see when others are exactly at.

The community is terrible, not just the killstealing, have anyone seen the seen the chat channels? Constant insults and the whole pedo with the Elin, namecalling. I can ignore, but constantly pausing to interface and ignore, makes the already apparent pacing issues even more apparent.

While the combat is borderline fun, it reminded me how terrible the traditional level and questing structure is.

who cares what u think, if u dont agree then dont play it, does posting what u think make us believe u....., when u clearly did not play it till a respectable level to even make a qualified comment.

Nethriil

Novice Member

4/15/12 4:02:04 AM#443
So i was curious about arena Play in Tera so i looked up a YouTube video. I wastched 5 vs.5. It was aweful. Kept using the same skills and then a bit of dodge. No cc at all and no tactics. this one mage only was casting this small black shadow bolt or something. Wow arena is so much better and skilled
  xenogias

Advanced Member

4/15/12 4:03:31 AM#444
Originally posted by Elminzter

who cares what u think, if u dont agree then dont play it, does posting what u think make us believe u....., when u clearly did not play it till a respectable level to even make a qualified comment.

Oh, you mean like the OP's post? Or your post? Its all guesses at this point, His guess is no less valid than anyone elses. I would have to take his opinion at worth more than yours when you cant even be bothered to type out "you". I'm no spelling police but typing "U" is just plain lazy.

User Deleted
4/15/12 4:04:38 AM#445
Originally posted by Nethriil
So i was curious about arena Play in Tera so i looked up a YouTube video. I wastched 5 vs.5. It was aweful. Kept using the same skills and then a bit of dodge. No cc at all and no tactics. this one mage only was casting this small black shadow bolt or something. Wow arena is so much better and skilled

imo, as in real life it's better to try it for yourself than rely on videos, some may like it some may not based on your personal experience.

thats the reason why most games provide beta. trial version etc...

User Deleted
4/15/12 4:05:51 AM#446
Originally posted by xenogias

Oh, you mean like the OP's post? Or your post? Its all guesses at this point, His guess is no less valid than anyone elses. I would have to take his opinion at worth more than yours when you cant even be bothered to type out "you". I'm no spelling police but typing "U" is just plain lazy.

yea op when over the top and baited u and u took the bait hook line and sinker GJ^^

xenogias

Advanced Member

4/15/12 4:12:27 AM#447

yea op when over the top and baited u and u took the bait hook line and sinker GJ^^

Really? How is that since I havent replied to the OP at ALL. I replied to you and pointed out how childish your post was. So how again did the OP bait me? Oh I get it. you assume because I pointed out how pointless and lazy your post was that I was the same person you quoted. Might do you some good to use that brain of yours alittle and see it was 2 diffrent people.

rexzshadow

Apprentice Member

4/15/12 4:13:36 AM#448
Originally posted by Size-Twelve

This is a pretty big mischaracterization of GW2 and its players.

How can a game that focuses on competitive PvP be carebareish? Because there is regulation, fair play, rules? I'd gladly take on my team any player who made the top competitive PvP ranks in Guild Wars, over some basement dweller who gets off on "hunting sheep".

That aside, I was just looking at some Tera videos and found this level 20 world boss one:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XkibMimRU4

I'm not sure I agree this will be a sleeper hit. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will like it, but it has an Anime feel that I think is kind of niche. The oversized weapons thing I kinda get, but the panty shots are just weird.

Its focus on casual gamer because the game is built for people to log on and do stuff w/o need to set up anything. Its played like a fps where you go in a game and play is pretty much how GW2 pvp will be. And for any thing can be competitve if you want it to be however from what i seen so far GW2 combat doesn't differ much from any other mmorpgs combat which puts a big quesiton mark on the skill required. I'll wait till someone i know play the game but i'm not holding my breath. Just putting in ability to cast instant skill while casting just throw skill outside the window.

Originally posted by Jetrpg

Ok agian, lets reframe this in reality Tera is a new mmo, americans want any new mmo to come around so they can stop playing wow like they have been for years. But their hate or fear of asians (which has already been disclaimed infact agree is opposite) is keeping them from TRYING the game.

Or could be they just think that Tera doesn't have je ne sais quoi that mmos need to be the next big thing.

Which of these seems more acurate/realistic to you.

could go more in to the yellow text but that be really going off topic.

Both, i understand there peopel who don't like it because well they don't like but if you been following this forum at all there good amount of indiction that people simplely won't play this game coz its asian.

Thank you for discribing the entire internet.

Also i guess the word strategy never comes in mind during combat? Is eveyrone used to mindless press 1 2 3 w/o thinking any more?

Originally posted by Celcius

There is nothing innovative about Tera other then the gameplay. Ultimately it is still just a themepark MMO only they have yet to include important features in it like Battlegrounds and Raiding. If you are looking for a new MMO that is different I suggest steering clear, but the combat system may keep you occupied for a little while. I personally thought the combat system felt a little weak even as it was touted to be really awesome action gameplay. The combat feels "forced" and not very polished (rooting animations,ability delay,ect) almost as if it is trying to be a console game but falling short. I highly doubt it will be a sleeper hit, but it will have a niche audience for a little while before it ultimately goes F2P.

Never play monster hunter? Or most action combat games? Or even freaken LoL or dota? O ya most of those game root you on ability. Heck street fighter, Teken all have roots.

I lol so hard at this made my day =X and its only the start too.

Cthulhu23

Apprentice Member

4/15/12 4:14:12 AM#449

TERA got great action combat in a MMO sense, but it is a terrible action game over all.  Well, I guess it's good that this is an actual MMO then, and we're comparing it to other MMOs, rather than action rpgs.  

Just because you can dodge a hit, doesn't make it great action combat, the attacks are extremely slow paced for an action combat game. You walk slow, attack slow, just because you have to aim, doesn't automatically make it fun. I've seen nothing slow paced about this combat.  It's kinetic, it's active, and it takes strategy.  Furthermore, it makes you do something that no other combat system in any 3rd person MMO currently does:  It makes you watch the action, rather than your action bar. 

The pacing of the game is terrible, just another point 1 to point 2 fetch quest. Story? What story? If anyone has actualloy read the quest text, the writing is terrible.  The questing is the weak part of this game, no doubt.  Which is why you get a lot of xp from killing mobs, particularly BAMS.  This + the open, immersive, seamless world makes exploring and looking for mobs to kill a lot of fun.  Add in some very fun open world dungeons, and this game gives you choices that other games don't. If you so choose, questing in this game can be the activity you use as a change of pace while leveling, rather than as the primary way to level.  

Unless you can participate in the political system and ignore questline from level 10 (I can tolerate the starting island), I'm not willing to grind 50 levels just so I can have fun. It will even be alright if it is viable to just join a guild and hunt BAM to level up, but then, if every guild is doing that, it will probably be queues.  You can participate in the political system.  Anyone can.  Just involves being in a solid guild.  And as mentioned above, you can completely ignore the majority of the quests if you want, aside from the main storyline quests.  As far as the BAMS, I've seen videos of quite a few of them roaming areas, so I don't think they are just world bosses that spawn every so often like in other games.  I saw numerous basilisks (level 22 BAMs in an area with plenty of people farming them.  I saw other BAMS that were singles.  

The community is terrible, not just the killstealing, have anyone seen the seen the chat channels? Constant insults and the whole pedo with the Elin, namecalling. I can ignore, but constantly pausing to interface and ignore, makes the already apparent pacing issues even more apparent.  Judging a game's community based on a beta weekend is pretty weak. Many folks just take those beta invites to troll in the first place, and have no intention of playing the game.  

F2P or B2P in a one and a half year.  Subjective.  But to each his own.  TERA will do fine, but it will be a niche game.  It suffers from the Korean game stereotype, as well as KTera's less than stellar launch.  It also doesn't have nearly the hype of games like GW2 and TSW.  But it will maintain a steady community of people that love the game, and I think it will thrive.  I feel as though TERA will be for the hardcore PvP crowd that find the carebear, everyone-is-the-same,  "Let's keep our PvP separate from our PvE so player's don't get their feelings hurt," nobody-is-special-or-unique style of play that a game like GW2 too casual.   For the folks that want more of a challenge, and want it in an actual persistant, non-instanced, seamless world, they'll enjoy TERA.  

Nethriil

Novice Member

4/15/12 4:18:09 AM#450

imo, as in real life it's better to try it for yourself than rely on videos, some may like it some may not based on your personal experience.

Well looking at this video doesnt give me great hopes for pvp http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=vjOpfEKHiG4 Maybe this is just a pve game
  rexzshadow

Apprentice Member

4/15/12 4:19:35 AM#451

Well looking at this video doesnt give me great hopes for pvp http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=vjOpfEKHiG4 Maybe this is just a pve game

Playing and watching is very different, unless  you play it for yourself you can't tell whats going on in pvp at all. But if you want ot draw your conclusion based off the video i can't stop you, but Tera playing and watchins is not the same at all unlike some games.

Nethriil

Novice Member

4/15/12 4:24:06 AM#452
Originally posted by rexzshadow

Playing and watching is very different, unless  you play it for yourself you can't tell whats going on in pvp at all. But if you want ot draw your conclusion based off the video i can't stop you, but Tera playing and watchins is not the same at all unlike some games.

Well either everyone that has posted pvp videos Are really bad players or pvp kind of sucks. And no gw2 and tera pvp Are not similar at all. I am no gw2 fanboy but the difference is huge
  GoldenArrow

Hard Core Member

4/15/12 4:25:16 AM#453

Niche game for people and pedobears who like asian games and sexy character models.

Probably most of L2 and Aion gamers are migrating to it.

Wouldn't expect anything over 500k subs though, if even that.

Might be a sleeper hit once it goes F2P / Freemium later on.

rexzshadow

Apprentice Member

4/15/12 4:29:51 AM#454

Well either everyone that has posted pvp videos Are really bad players or pvp kind of sucks. And no gw2 and tera pvp Are not similar at all. I am no gw2 fanboy but the difference is huge

True watching bad pvp matches is like watching random 1v1s lol XD but idk Watching Tera w/o having played it is very well diffuclt lol. Unless you experience pvp yourself  you realy can't understand whats going on most of the time XD But the feel of been in one is completely different fromt he videos. I might be able to find some good ones tomorrow, coz t here is a tourment going on in EU cbt5 and the semi-, quator, and finals will be tomorrow and i'll post the videos one they are up. There few good team in there should be some decent videos and will have some one commtating i hope lol.

Cthulhu23

Apprentice Member

4/15/12 4:29:55 AM#455

You're right, the difference is huge.  TERA PvP actually takes place in the persistent world instead of some giant, 2 week battleground where gear doesn't matter, level doesn't matter, and your name doesn't even matter since everyone is the same, faceless, clone.  Yay, how fun.

I've seen videos of GW2 PvP and combat.  Looks dull as hell.  So, I guess we all have our preferences.  

User Deleted
4/15/12 4:30:00 AM#456

Really? How is that since I havent replied to the OP at ALL. I replied to you and pointed out how childish your post was. So how again did the OP bait me? Oh I get it. you assume because I pointed out how pointless and lazy your post was that I was the same person you quoted. Might do you some good to use that brain of yours alittle and see it was 2 diffrent people.

again gj trolling... forum troll...

User Deleted
4/15/12 4:31:34 AM#457
Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Niche game for people and pedobears who like asian games and sexy character models.

omfg a fortune teller, damm these guys are breeding like there is no tomorrow.......

rexzshadow

Apprentice Member

4/15/12 4:33:19 AM#458
Originally posted by GoldenArrow

omfg a fortune teller, damm these guys are breeding like there is no tomorrow.......

winning lottery number pl0x need to pay for college.

Nethriil

Novice Member

4/15/12 4:33:29 AM#459

True watching bad pvp matches is like watching random 1v1s lol XD but idk Watching Tera w/o having played it is very well diffuclt lol. Unless you experience pvp yourself  you realy can't understand whats going on most of the time XD But the feel of been in one is completely different fromt he videos. I might be able to find some good ones tomorrow, coz t here is a tourment going on in EU cbt5 and the semi-, quator, and finals will be tomorrow and i'll post the videos one they are up. There few good team in there should be some decent videos and will have some one commtating i hope lol.

Allright i ll wait for the videos :) but u must agree by looking at that YouTube video really shows tera pvp as aweful
  otacu

Novice Member

4/15/12 4:38:01 AM#460
Originally posted by austriacus

Sadly the game cannot be a hit, and thats because the majority of people who play subscription MMOs are a bunch of xenophobic kids.

I personally love the art style and find the game very good but it will follow Aions route in the west, 2-3 years after release it will become ftp and before that it would have had a niche audience of prob around 200-500k people.

Sad really, the game has a lot of potential.

Xenophobic kids? WTH are you talking about?

BTW 200-500k are pretty awesome numbers for Tera.

Originally posted by corpusc

you WANT good features to spread.  you DON"T want it to be special to just one game.

Yes but we were discussing about how will Tera go in the 2012...

Neverwinter will have an action combat too... they are scheduled for late 2012 early 2013 and on top of that promise a lot of player generated content.

This is good for the players but not good for the game itself (Tera)

Originally posted by austriacus

Nothing to back it up? ROFL how about the years and years i have been the victim of americans being xenophobic towards me when im playing, and how about all the hundreds of people that use the word "weaboo" for anything asian related.

Just don't browse websites you are not supposed to browse. ok?

Originally posted by Deron_Barak
  They already have added more over the last year and a half and they still are.  Other than the three aspect "class" choice (which is boss) I don't see how Rift has anything TERA doesn't while I could list off many things TERA has ovre Rift.

Well, battlegrounds technically since they wont be in for NA launch lol.  That aside Deathmatches are a nice alternative unless you're already on a PvP server.

It's BHS's fault but I think people highly underrate what TERA is as a whole.  Again, this is the fault of BHS by making the first 20 levels a linear path with basic quests.

He means that the Trion's flow of content last year was impressive quality and quantity wise while Bluehole is known for being costantly behind schedule and releasing incomplete content.

Tera launched incompleted: they didn't add content in the last year they basically added things that were supposed to be there at launch (even BHS developers admitted that). And even now Battlegrounds are missing!

Look at the endgame instanced dungeons.... in Korea there are only 2  60lvls hard mode dungeons: compare it with dungeons and raid in Rift. That's what people are concerned about.

And we are kinda lucky in the West since 3 lower level dungeons are upgraded to cap so we will have 5 endgame hard mode dungeons. BHS better speed up their development or tera's future will look grim

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

As for the GW2 vs. Aion thing, you obviously just skimmed over my post, because I never said you were comparing GW2 to Aion.  I was pointing out that the audiences of the two games can be mutually exclusive.  GW2 being successful doesn't mean that TERA won't, because they'll attract a different type of player.  I didn't think that would be a difficult point to understand, but apparently I was wrong.  

And considering that the endgame content is where TERA will shine, I wouldn't worry too much about what the hardcores will do after 4 weeks.  :)

Actually is not that simple. The hardcore PVErs will stay with WOW,Swtor and Rifts because let's be honest they want instanced raids and Tera and Gw2 won't have it.

They both will attract casual pve'rs

The hardcore pvp'rs will flock to Gw2. Why? Because GW had a good reputation as one the best pvp mmorpg ever, there are going to be lot's of tools for tournaments, there is no PVE grind to start PVP and the PVP is completely skill based since the gear has no meaning in competitive pvp.

Tera will attract the casual pvp'rs since it's a gear based mmorpg.

33 Pages First « 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 » Last Search