Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,279 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,354
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Tera Getting New Class 2014

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  anemo

Novice Member

12/25/13 8:35:56 AM#21
Originally posted by DamonVile
Originally posted by RebelScum99

Tera has some issues in terms of content and their quest system.  Combat isn't one of those issues if you know what you are doing.

Lack of content is the only reason I don't play this game as my only mmo. I simply run out of things to do other than grind dailies after a while.

I love almost everything else about the game.

Someone who shares my opinion :D.   

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"There are still vast swaths of our planet's surface in which it's surprisingly easy to lose things. Even a ship the size of a large building." Richard Fisher

sciocco

Advanced Member

12/26/13 8:44:53 PM#22
Originally posted by Purutzil

(mostly since I can't stand little furry rats as the 'male' varient)

LOOK HERE BUDDY.

POPORI IS THE SINGLE GREATEST RACE (CHUAS NEXT?) EVER CREATED FOR AN MMO.

I agree with you about players being insecure about elins. Elins are a great variety race, race selection is something I think Tera does well actually (seen TESO? 9 races that are all the same model with slightly different textures, PATHETIC).

Go popori... and chuas... and the flyers...

wormed

Hard Core Member

12/26/13 9:37:02 PM#23

Hands down the best combat in an MMORPG in the market today. It's just unfortunate everything else about it is subpar and the developer seemingly doesn't care. Whether it's because Bluehole is rumored to be creating TERA2 or because they're just clueless, I guess it remains to be seen.

For the guy arguing about how animations root you in place... so what? It creates an element of skill to use the proper skills at the proper times. Not to mention, at the higher levels, you pretty much can eliminate most of the animation delay with attack speed enhancements/weapons. As someone who has tried all the 'free movement' combat games out there, even ones a lot of people haven't yet, trust me, TERA is still the best. It's a shame this game was just utterly wasted in NA. It could've been better.

A few changes to the ruleset changes could've made this a great OWPvP game. Ah well, guess I'll have to wait for something else.

Pivotelite

Novice Member

12/26/13 9:45:34 PM#24
Originally posted by anemo
Originally posted by DamonVile
Originally posted by RebelScum99

Tera has some issues in terms of content and their quest system.  Combat isn't one of those issues if you know what you are doing.

Lack of content is the only reason I don't play this game as my only mmo. I simply run out of things to do other than grind dailies after a while.

I love almost everything else about the game.

Someone who shares my opinion :D.   

I too am of this opinion, I really love everything about the game it just has a lack of content and the design direction is going backwards lately. It's becoming easier and more about the cash shop as well.

ALSO I KNEW THAT POPORI LOOKED FAMILIAR UP THERE.

I saw the name and realized it was Sciocccoooocococoococoococooooooo. Wonder if you still remember me, we were in the same guild for a while.

- Zdravko.

sciocco

Advanced Member

12/27/13 11:31:05 AM#25
Originally posted by Pivotelite

ALSO I KNEW THAT POPORI LOOKED FAMILIAR UP THERE.

I saw the name and realized it was Sciocccoooocococoococoococooooooo. Wonder if you still remember me, we were in the same guild for a while.

- Zdravko.

I couldn't forget the zdv. Hope everything is going well for you.

XxGrimmxX

Advanced Member

12/27/13 12:00:18 PM#26
Originally posted by Djevik
Originally posted by reeereee
Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Another class which can only use one type of weapons and is rooted in place every time it uses a skill?

Man, I'm so excited now...

How far did you get in the game?  A lot of skills that root you in place at low levels don't as you get the higher level versions of them.  I think if they had any idea how much the Western market judged a game on the low level experience they would have changed that.

Having an Archer,warrior, priest, lancer.. I can say that even at 60 with all those the only one that doesnt root you is warrior..

every other class behinds slayer and Zerker meaning all the casters have skills that pretty much root you in place to cast the animation... the the guy is saying that this game isnt "True" action combat as it claims b/c "True" gives you the freedom to cast spells on the go instead of locking on casting(root) until the animation is over..

wtf are you talking about? You clearly are just trolling

Shaigh

Elite Member

12/27/13 12:08:17 PM#27
This sounds like a copy of lyn blade master from B&S.
  User Deleted
12/27/13 12:19:46 PM#28

There are many subgenres of what makes a game an action game.

Animation lock has always been a staple of a good action game for me. Without it the combat feels weak and without any heft. Like I'm swinging at air and doing whatever.

Skyrim feels just right when I do power moves that lock me in animation, thereby punishing me if I swing like an ass without thinking ahead.

Xepherd

Novice Member

1/09/14 2:40:37 AM#29

"But developing race specific skill animations and other features to go along with it would take too long. Generally developing new animations and such for each race takes 8 months or longer."

What a lazy dev...with all the money from the in game shop + subs...I guess that's why we'll never see true support for TERA, we'll never see a TRUE extension..;because they said it themselves: "it would take too long"

xepherd Xfire Miniprofile
  simplius

Novice Member

1/15/14 6:34:59 AM#30

time= Money, specially in the mmo business

i hope we get a REAL expansion, a la wow

besides..what else are they going to do?

they have a solid core product, i would buy a full Price expansion

Deathgod881

Novice Member

What I seek is thunder - Izuchi!

1/15/14 8:14:20 AM#31

Gameplay video here by Steparu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxCG34in3cM&feature=em-uploademail

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

Vunak23

Novice Member

In your house Eatin' your Cookies!

1/15/14 8:28:26 AM#32

I think they are still recovering from the NCSoft vs BHS fiasco. We already know the game has suffered a tremendous amount because of the lawsuit between the two. 

I have a feeling TERA 2 (or their next game) is their primary focus right now because they don't have to worry about backlash from NCSoft. Lets not forget that TERA isn't even supposed to be operational in Korea based on court decisions, but BHS went ahead with the product anyway. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

2 Pages « 1 2 Search