Trending Games | ArcheAge | Guild Wars 2 | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,785,820 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,964
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Tried the game since it went FTP and...

7 posts found
  Adalwulff

Apprentice Member

"I am not the light, or the darkness, but the twilight in between"

OP  6/16/13 5:01:41 PM#1

It has the BEST community since DAOC!!

The game is just fun. Sure its a themepark, and I haven't got to 60 yet, which is where the real game starts, but the leveling is fun and some guy gave me 100g to get started! Im level 40 already in just a week of casual play.

Today I rolled a toon on a PvP server, I will be off the noob island in about an hour. Then I'll see what that's like.  XD

Just wanted to say thanks to all you TERA good guys out there!

BTrayaL

Advanced Member

6/17/13 8:20:55 AM#2
Talk about the community when you experience the PvP server, you will be surprised =))

Torvaldr

Elite Member

6/17/13 9:18:02 AM#3

The community on my server is really good.  I don't get why everyone always trashes this community unless it was the hentai/Elin ruckus surrounding the game at launch.  The F2P conversion brought some chat trolls for a little bit, but overall I've found the community to be friendly in a very old-school fashion.

I'm biased though.  This is currently one of my favorite games.

BTrayal - I don't think the pvp server is any worse than the pvp servers on Rift or AoC, or the Moors in LotRO for example.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

jcsadone

Advanced Member

6/17/13 9:26:59 AM#4
Ouch - I had quite different experience. I spend with the game around 1 hour (not counting +-5 from closed beta times) and it was comparable only with playing really bad in some dota/lol game. Such a mount everest of unpleasant people, sending me to play GW2/WoW etc. after every my question, calling me names and taunting, that I took the advice and went back to my main MMO. I don't know if Tera is worth of my time, be definitely community wasn't. Lil bit I envy You your experience, but on the other hand...
  Braavosi

Novice Member

6/19/13 12:38:23 AM#5

I'm glad you're having a good time.

When you hit 60 you have the pleasure of standing in town waiting for a queue to pop.

Where you will be kicked from group because the community is full of children and adults that act like children.

Enjoy!

Divmontru2

Apprentice Member

6/20/13 5:50:06 AM#6
Originally posted by fkujustin

I'm glad you're having a good time.

When you hit 60 you have the pleasure of standing in town waiting for a queue to pop.

Where you will be kicked from group because the community is full of children and adults that act like children.

Enjoy!

/kick  #fkujustin

oops wrong window (j/k) :D

ranknvile

Novice Member

7/23/13 2:34:34 PM#7

I have noticed that the community depends on the server and the time you play. I can join players out and about questing, the global chat gets heated, but the people are pretty awesome.

I hate to say it, but this is TOTALLY not what I expected from this game...and I am having a blast.