Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Marvel Heroes | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,902,092 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,274,929
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Game rocks now more than ever

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
44 posts found
  User Deleted
3/22/13 3:43:26 AM#41
Originally posted by evilastro
Originally posted by DamonVile
Originally posted by waynejr2
Originally posted by Pivotelite
Originally posted by Dibdabs
 The combat is nothing special

People only say this when they haven't done level 60 hardmodes.

One failed block or dodge = dead, and it's entirely your fault if you die, that kind of combat just doesnt exist in most MMOs. It's also extremely fast paced and tactical, in PvP especially, I have to watch all of my opponents animations and cancel them with my stagger attacks before they manage to cast them, also need to watch their animations to dodge sleeps/stuns. Very interactive.

As bad as the systems in TERA are, the combat is so exceptional it keeps myself and many friends playing no matter how much we complain about the stupid Korean mechanics and design choices.

If a game can't sell a player on it's qualities in the first hour, it's not a good sign.  It's worse when the fans of the game suggest you have to make it to level 60 and do hard modes to see the good in the game.  FAIL.

The combat is skill based and unlike most mmos. It gets harder as you progress because the game is teaching you as you go. ( bams swing harder, faster and more often as you lvl ) His comment meant you can't say the combat is nothing special untill you've tried it at its hardest lvl. People who are lvl 10 saying the combat is too easy are like people who set a game to easy and say it's a bad game because it was easy.

If the game started you off like lvl 60 bams fight, most people wouldn't get past the starter isle. People tend to take falure when trying to do something in  a game as a sign of poor game design and quit if it happens too often.

This 'skill based' thing gets thrown around a lot for TERA, and I think it is quite undeserved. As someone who has done the max level hardmodes, I didn't find anything skill based about the game at all. Unless you mean block or dodge at the right time, which many other games have. Aside from that, its just a generic rotation combat. Hardly any situational skills and I found myself dozing off as both a Sorceror and a Lancer.

People call anything "skill based" these days.

User Deleted
3/22/13 3:45:37 AM#42
Originally posted by Pie_Rat
Originally posted by holdenhamlet

As many are aware, the thing that really seperates the game is that it's based on the Unreal Engine, which has been refined for many years for multiplayer action combat.  Using that engine for an RPG was a stroke of genius.

Lineage 2 uses the unreal engine aswell, the game's 7 years older than Tera.

Infact that's just one of the many features Blue Hole stole from the Lineage franchise. They actually got sewed for it in Korea and lost.

As for the game itself, I tried it but didn't last 2 hours, the questing (as in most Asian mmos) is horrible.

L2 is still a better game, even today...

They tried so hard to make it L3 but failed miserably.....no, L2 wasnt about endless grinding of instanced dungeons.

But you cant underestimate power of boobage...or you can (hmm didnt work for AoC or TERA)

eGumball

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 4:01:10 AM#43
Originally posted by Dibdabs
If this game "Rocks now more than ever" it must have been really, really bad prior to this.  It's just another tedious rehash of every MMO we've seen since UO and EQ.  The combat is nothing special, the quests are cookie-cutter "kill X of X" and the classes are just insipid.  No wonder it went free to play so fast - it just isn't worth paying for.

I agree that Tera is in general is not that good, but saying that the combat isn´t interesting just shows your ignorance. 

Nurmipora

Apprentice Member

3/22/13 4:42:17 AM#44
Can i have enmasse for europe provider too ..Bluehole !.. its great game .. but this gameforge in europe compared to enmasse is just awww ..
3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search