Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,730 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,083,279
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Racism and pedophilia chat is....

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search
164 posts found
  cronius77

Hard Core Member

2/19/13 8:03:49 PM#161
there is some sickos in this thread , no need to even debate it anymore. IF it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck. You can always tell who has children of there own and who doesnt on this site. Rationlizing this garbage is beyond crossing the lines of gaming here and this thread should be closed.
  Corehaven

Apprentice Member

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.

2/19/13 8:34:04 PM#162
Originally posted by cronius77
there is some sickos in this thread , no need to even debate it anymore. IF it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck. You can always tell who has children of there own and who doesnt on this site. Rationlizing this garbage is beyond crossing the lines of gaming here and this thread should be closed.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. 

There's fans of this game who just relentlessly go on about how Elin are a fantasy race, and therefore not little girls despite looking exactly like.....little preteen children dressed in provocative stuff.  I can call a monkey a tree trunk if I want but it's still what it is. 

Despite that, I think some of the responses here are people who are fans of Tera, and are just trying to defend a seriously bad point of the game.  Doesn't mean they drool over little girls or anything.  With most its probably quite the contrary. 

However the point of the Elin debate is to simply say that, the reason there's vileness in chat, and weirdos playing the game probably has a lot to do with Elin looking like little preteen girls in provacative clothing.  Now whether any fans of this game agree or not, that's perfectly fine.  YOU may not think they look like little girls at all, but a lot of players do, and I can probably safely say a lot of those players play Tera in part for that reason. 

Fans need to take a step back from claiming people who see  Elin as little girls have a problem.  Certainly not.  In fact if you just showed the Elin images to average non gamer people they'd tell you those were little girls.  They'd probably be apalled too.   I just called my wife over to look at some images just a second ago.  She doesn't play mmos.  Her response, "What in the world is that?   That's sick.  Why would they put little girls in a video game barely wearing anything?  Are those BUNNY EARS ON HER HEAD???? " .   I guess she's a pervert too right?  She's only a mother of two, and about as straight laced as it gets.

The fans that play Tera so they can play as a bunny eared little preteen looking race barely wearing anything?  And saying perverted things over chat to boot?  Yea those folks do have a problem.  (Which is probably only a portion of the Tera fan base and does not represent it as a whole)

And that problem is apparently bad enough that its not benefiting the game itself. 

cronius77

Hard Core Member

2/19/13 8:43:44 PM#163
Originally posted by Corehaven
Originally posted by cronius77

That's pretty much how I feel about it. 

There's fans of this game who just relentlessly go on about how Elin are a fantasy race, and therefore not little girls despite looking exactly like.....little preteen children dressed in provocative stuff.  I can call a monkey a tree trunk if I want but it's still what it is. 

Despite that, I think some of the responses here are people who are fans of Tera, and are just trying to defend a seriously bad point of the game.  Doesn't mean they drool over little girls or anything.  With most its probably quite the contrary. 

However the point of the Elin debate is to simply say that, the reason there's vileness in chat, and weirdos playing the game probably has a lot to do with Elin looking like little preteen girls in provacative clothing.  Now whether any fans of this game agree or not, that's perfectly fine.  YOU may not think they look like girls at all, but a lot of players do, and I can probably safely say a lot of those players play Tera in part for that reason. 

Fans need to take a step back from claiming people who see little girls have a problem.  Certainly not.  The fans that play Tera so they can play as a bunny eared little preteen looking race barely wearing anything?  And saying perverted things over chat to boot?  Yea those folks do have a problem.  (Which is probably only a portion of the Tera fan base and does not represent it as a whole)

And that problem is apparently bad enough that its not benefiting the game itself. 

you sir are absolutely right , i play tera off and on myself and just the amount of pedo talk in general chat speaks volumes of the subject at hand. This isnt the only game to do it nor will it be the last but people at some point need to take a long look in the mirror and figure out if they want to support this sort of garbage in video games. I remember a game about two weeks ago showed up here on the list with mostly nude females fighting scarlet blade and this community destroyed them for doing it and preached about how they hated this in video games. Yet there is a good majority in this thread supporting the exact same thing done up to look just like a young girl. They get a free pass here because tera is much more popular and people want to rationlize it as they just love the game. Its vulgar and distasteful and for the many large points that are positive about Tera , this and the chat itself in this game brings it crumbling down. Enmasse thought so in the begining its why you see the elin with hotpants on now instead of underwear like the korean version. Plus come on now bunny ears cutsey crap on a pre teen model that should seriously set off a red flag to most normal people anyways.

DamonVile

Hard Core Member

2/19/13 9:22:23 PM#164
This thread shouldn't be allowed to continue. I dont' think exreamists on either side should be allowed to spew this BS.

People are like cats. When they die, you get a new one.

9 Pages First « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Search