Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,800 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,886
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » TERA is Beautiful

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
29 posts found
  Jemcrystal

Elite Member

Let em put a slave ring thru u're nose u're prob not going to like where they're taking you. Think.

1/31/13 2:31:24 PM#21
Originally posted by tet666
Originally posted by timeraider
sad Tera is optimised like shit. Not saying its impossible to have high fps, but if you want to play tera on the same fps as other mmo's .. you did better take the same graphical quality you use at the other games and divide that by 4

What ? Tera runs better then any other  newer MMO for me and i have a rly old machine, I can play with almost anyrging on high and its smooth. GW2 or TSW on the other hand run like total crap for me with more then 3 or 4 players on screen.

Tera uses the Unreal Engine 3 probably the most optimized engine on the market atm so im rly surprised someone is complaining about performance here.

the three six's in your name means you're a demon of false hopes, yes?  cause i so want to play this soooooon n i hates false hopes

http://podbay.fm/show/536258179

kitarad

Advanced Member

2/02/13 5:44:28 AM#22
I do recall it being lovely when I played .You guys are tempting me to go back must go check whether I am on euro or US servers.

Vesavius

Old School

Players come for the game, but they stay for the people- Most Devs have forgotten this.

2/02/13 5:56:34 AM#23

It also runs extremely well, especially for a game that pretty. It's actually quite impressive.

ter234

Novice Member

2/02/13 10:31:18 AM#24

Yeah  i think thats mostly cause of the Unreal 3 Engine  its no wonder so many games are using it these days.

Torvaldr

Elite Member

2/02/13 11:15:46 AM#25
The performance for settings surprised me.  I have a GTX-260/1.8GB card that is feeling its age.  I get excellent frames on high settings.

I think a mind wipe so people could play an mmo like it was their first time again, would be easier to build than a new mmo people here would actually like. - DamonVile

SpectralHunter

Novice Member

2/02/13 11:25:18 AM#26
Originally posted by Torvaldr
The performance for settings surprised me.  I have a GTX-260/1.8GB card that is feeling its age.  I get excellent frames on high settings.

I will also agree Tera is one of the most smooth running MMOs out there. People can criticize the bland quests or over-sexualization of the characters but no one should complain about performance. 

ter234

Novice Member

2/02/13 12:29:42 PM#27
Originally posted by SpectralHunter
Originally posted by Torvaldr

I will also agree Tera is one of the most smooth running MMOs out there. People can criticize the bland quests or over-sexualization of the characters but no one should complain about performance. 

I doubt many People outside of NA would complain about the so called "over-sexualization" of the Characters here in Germany for example we even have commercials all day showing nudes and noone rly notices them anymore^^

The only thing that still seems to crack up people here are the Elins since some people still see them as children somehow.

I personally dont play Elin but not cause i see them as over sexualized children i just dont like how armor looks on them.

SpectralHunter

Novice Member

2/02/13 2:45:52 PM#28
Originally posted by ter234

I doubt many People outside of NA would complain about the so called "over-sexualization" of the Characters here in Germany for example we even have commercials all day showing nudes and noone rly notices them anymore^^

The only thing that still seems to crack up people here are the Elins since some people still see them as children somehow.

I personally dont play Elin but not cause i see them as over sexualized children i just dont like how armor looks on them.

I agree that I didn't understand why people had such issues with Elin.  I'm a dad with a daughter and I never saw them in that fashion, nor did I think it exploited children.  I suppose I just don't think that way.

Depends.  In many parts of Europe, perhaps people won't see anything wrong with the outfits but the game is being marketed beyond Europe.  But even so, it's oversexualization.  The armor in Tera takes the term "bikini plate" to a whole new level.  When you see armor like that, you have to wonder why the devs made them so (whether or not it violates the sensibilities of where you live).  Once you understand the why, then it's hard to argue that the armor wasn't sexualized.

ter234

Novice Member

2/02/13 3:07:51 PM#29
Originally posted by SpectralHunter
Originally posted by ter234

I agree that I didn't understand why people had such issues with Elin.  I'm a dad with a daughter and I never saw them in that fashion, nor did I think it exploited children.  I suppose I just don't think that way.

Depends.  In many parts of Europe, perhaps people won't see anything wrong with the outfits but the game is being marketed beyond Europe.  But even so, it's oversexualization.  The armor in Tera takes the term "bikini plate" to a whole new level.  When you see armor like that, you have to wonder why the devs made them so (whether or not it violates the sensibilities of where you live).  Once you understand the why, then it's hard to argue that the armor wasn't sexualized.

Ofc it is sexualized but not over-sexualized, sex is one of the most natural things there is so i cant see anything wrong with that.

They made it that way cause sex sells every one knows that^^

2 Pages « 1 2 Search