Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,765 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,873
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » WTF?!?!?! NO!!!!!

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search
87 posts found
  VoreDock

Novice Member

1/28/13 10:31:14 PM#81
Originally posted by Zzad

To OP:

Going FTP is THE BEST thing that can happen to TERA.

Wanna play alone?

you have it  but thease fools dont get it  the haters never will   thay all think  F2P  = crap  and thats just plain wrong  maybe when WoW goes F2P to then thay will get it 

Agrias34

Novice Member

1/28/13 11:20:06 PM#82
Originally posted by VoreDock

To OP:

Wanna play alone?

you have it  but thease fools dont get it  the haters never will   thay all think  F2P  = crap  and thats just plain wrong  maybe when WoW goes F2P to then thay will get it 

Unfortunately, WoW will probably never go F2P because of their extreme fan base.  Tera doesn't have that many people who are into the company, like blizzard, and need to pay the bills somehow, so a f2p rendition will bring in some extra money.  It's understandable, but shouldn't be frowned upon.  Is isn't restricting you at all, like how the SWTOR f2p launch did.

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/29/13 1:20:55 AM#83

To OP:

Wanna play alone?

If the game is crap to begin with and cant hold its subscription numbers.............. going free to play wont make the game any better. When can you F2P lovers get that thru your heads. Slapping F2P onto a game doesnt instantly make it the greatest game in the world lol. If the game didnt suck to begin with it wouldnt lost its player base.

dimnikar

Novice Member

1/29/13 1:24:05 AM#84
Originally posted by Onomas

To OP:

Wanna play alone?

If the game is crap to begin with and cant hold its subscription numbers.............. going free to play wont make the game any better. When can you F2P lovers get that thru your heads. Slapping F2P onto a game doesnt instantly make it the greatest game in the world lol. If the game didnt suck to begin with it wouldnt lost its player base.

That's not neccessarily true. It could be a great game - but your other sub game is better and you can only afford to pay for one (or rather, you could afford more, but realize that's not a good investment *AT ALL*).

So F2P gives you a chance to play that great game you consciously decided not to because of an extra sub.

Get it?

http://lyrics.iztok.org/verse/Lynyrd_Skynyrd/Simple_Man/80615

Onomas

Novice Member

Sandbox is your only hope for a decent mmo ;)

1/29/13 1:30:10 AM#85
Originally posted by dimnikar

To OP:

Wanna play alone?

That's not neccessarily true. It could be a great game - but your other sub game is better and you can only afford to pay for one (or rather, you could afford more, but realize that's not a good investment *AT ALL*).

So F2P gives you a chance to play that great game you consciously decided not to because of an extra sub.

Get it?

No you dont get it, the game sucks. Half the players dont just go away because of this BS you spew.  If the game is good it draws people in to make them want to pay to play it. Not pick and choose between others.  Going F2P is a crutch to try to bring people back into the game, to get them to spend on the cash shops, which 90% of them dont pay anyways, so honestly no it doesnt matter. Make the game free with no cash shop, see how long that lasts. Cash shop is the life line of a crap game, plain and simple.

zimboy69

Advanced Member

1/29/13 2:15:05 AM#86

why on earth wasnt this  b2p from the start

they  would have sold more boxes  than any subscription could have given them   and 50% of the player base always leaves in the first month   but at least they have  the money from these people

any new mmo also  continues to lose roughly  30% of the player base every month

this has happend with almost every single mmo  since wow 

now i know people  dont like to use xfire

but looking at xfire  how come it only has between 10-20% of players  compaired to gw2  

when gw2 and tera came out  both games look similar quality  and it was only the  subscription that made my  mind up and i bought gw2

tet666

Novice Member

1/29/13 3:26:51 AM#87
Originally posted by dimnikar

To OP:

Wanna play alone?

Get it?

No you dont get it, the game sucks. Half the players dont just go away because of this BS you spew.  If the game is good it draws people in to make them want to pay to play it. Not pick and choose between others.  Going F2P is a crutch to try to bring people back into the game, to get them to spend on the cash shops, which 90% of them dont pay anyways, so honestly no it doesnt matter. Make the game free with no cash shop, see how long that lasts. Cash shop is the life line of a crap game, plain and simple.

Dont think so if that would be true the only good MMOs would be WoW and maybe Rift since they are the only games i know apart from some oldschool or indie niche  titels which where able to stay as strict  p2p games and they do  offer microtransactions aswell.

But prejudice against f2p is still strong from old mmo players, f2p is not = p2w or crappy game anymore.

Tera is a good and fun game, it may not be for everyone and its as far from a sandbox as an mmo can get, if you dont like that just stay away. The game didnt have mutch endgame at release so most ppl just quit at maxlevel but it was the same for most other mmos in recent times like swtor and so on.

I also only played for a month and quit but i did the same with Gw2 and many other games. I recently returned to Tera and i enjoy playing it atm. Tbh i dont see the point in sub based games anymore, most of the time i end up paying more monthly  then i would in a f2p or b2p game and most p2p games dont offer mutch more to justify the sub . Infact i think Rift was the only MMO i ever played where i thought my Sub was in good hands.

5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 Search