Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,922 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,834
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » TERA is Beautiful

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
29 posts found
  User Deleted
 
OP  1/14/13 9:31:15 AM#1
Just sharing an awesome fan made video.
 
This is what TERA looks like:
 
http://youtu.be/oF8aNEWsm1w
  timeraider

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/20/11
Posts: 552

1/14/13 9:43:34 AM#2
Wish i could play it on higher settings :P sadly my cu and gpu dont work that well with TERA so i have to put everything down to have enough fps for pvp etc.
  Pivotelite

Novice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2193

1/14/13 11:34:20 AM#3

I've got a small collection of my best screenshots I won't pass down the opportunity to post. 

 

Edit: Well since this forum is annoying, i'll just link the album.

 

http://imgur.com/a/oPaZu#0

  Master10K

Apprentice Member

Joined: 10/18/10
Posts: 3086

1/14/13 3:37:48 PM#4
Originally posted by Ardu
Just sharing an awesome fan made video, this is what TERA looks like.
 
http://youtu.be/oF8aNEWsm1w
 
eh I don't know how to embed the video on here.

This is how you at least link vids here.

Anyway enjoyed the vid and I really do enjoy seeing creative vids people make from games. Reminds me of this GW2 one, minus the stopmotion. Well I can't wait to try out TERA again. Enjoyed it before but didn't think it was worth the sub fee. So next month I've be diving back in and with my new PC that should be able to max it out.

  Talonsin

Spotlight Poster

Joined: 7/19/06
Posts: 1102

1/14/13 3:44:29 PM#5

I cant play Tera for more than an hour.  After looking at giggely boobs and scantly clad women for an hour, I have to go find the wife and head to the rumpus room.

It is a very beautiful game and that is a great video.

  sudo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 8/23/05
Posts: 698

1/14/13 3:51:35 PM#6
Originally posted by Talonsin

I cant play Tera for more than an hour.  After looking at giggely boobs and scantly clad women for an hour, I have to go find the wife and head to the rumpus room.

This.

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
Hans Margolius

  Jockan

Hard Core Member

Joined: 9/03/08
Posts: 4180

Looking forward to Black Desert, Kingdom Under Fire II and Skyforge.

1/14/13 8:15:54 PM#7
Nice video and Tera really is beautiful.

  User Deleted
1/14/13 11:37:57 PM#8
Originally posted by Master10K
Originally posted by Ardu
Just sharing an awesome fan made video, this is what TERA looks like.
 
http://youtu.be/oF8aNEWsm1w
 
eh I don't know how to embed the video on here.

This is how you at least link vids here.

Anyway enjoyed the vid and I really do enjoy seeing creative vids people make from games. Reminds me of this GW2 one, minus the stopmotion. Well I can't wait to try out TERA again. Enjoyed it before but didn't think it was worth the sub fee. So next month I've be diving back in and with my new PC that should be able to max it out.

 

Really? couldnt pass up an oppertunity to plug GW2? Sad...

  Torgir

Novice Member

Joined: 3/09/11
Posts: 27

1/15/13 4:41:26 AM#9
Originally posted by Pivotelite

I've got a small collection of my best screenshots I won't pass down the opportunity to post. 

 

Edit: Well since this forum is annoying, i'll just link the album.

 

http://imgur.com/a/oPaZu#0

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous! I see you have an eye for screenography. ;)

  Pivotelite

Novice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2193

1/15/13 2:02:05 PM#10
Originally posted by Torgir
Originally posted by Pivotelite

I've got a small collection of my best screenshots I won't pass down the opportunity to post. 

 

Edit: Well since this forum is annoying, i'll just link the album.

 

http://imgur.com/a/oPaZu#0

Wow, those are absolutely gorgeous! I see you have an eye for screenography. ;)

Haha thanks, currently there's a draw distance bug that's causing problems rendering the landscape infinitely like it used to in TERA but Brian Knox said that's apparently getting fixed when it goes F2P so to celebrate i'm going to go mountain climbing and try to get some truly amazing shots. ^-^

 

  Elevenb4

Hard Core Member

Joined: 11/08/12
Posts: 228

1/15/13 2:19:21 PM#11
Yeah, I had a great time in this game. I played for 2 months after release. I actually stopped because of RL stuff, and because I got sucked into SWTOR. I don't know if I have time for two MMO's, but this is deffinetly a good game. I might just re-install it just in case I feel like playing again.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

  dwarflordking

Novice Member

Joined: 8/08/05
Posts: 276

1/17/13 11:22:54 PM#12

korean game = beautiful character designs, super creative abilities and armor and enviorments, even ftp games are nice

 

western game = bland shitty ass designs and boring ugly characters

  DMKano

Elite Member

Joined: 6/17/11
Posts: 5746

1/17/13 11:24:57 PM#13

Tera Patrick? yeah not bad.. oh wait.....

The characters look plastic, sorry, but the world is pretty yes. 

  Sovrath

Elite Member

Joined: 1/06/05
Posts: 17372

1/17/13 11:26:00 PM#14
Originally posted by ricefarmer

korean game = beautiful character designs, super creative abilities and armor and enviorments, even ftp games are nice

 

western game = bland shitty ass designs and boring ugly characters

I agree. And, in the western games, it doesn't have to be over the top or highly stylized like the eastern games. But they always seem so bland.

You can tell the eastern designers just love their characters. From how they make the hair seem like hair to the fine details of the faces.

  sapphen

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/06/07
Posts: 920

1/17/13 11:37:13 PM#15

I dunno, its a toss up between GW2 and Tera for me.  Both are great games, I wish they would have sex and pop out a lovechild.

  Onigod

Novice Member

Joined: 3/24/07
Posts: 692

1/17/13 11:47:05 PM#16
Deffinetly looks awesome, Always have wanted to try out Tera and i would do so now if i was not completely addicted to darkfall.
  Betakodo

Apprentice Member

Joined: 2/16/12
Posts: 339

1/17/13 11:51:25 PM#17
This is true. Too bad Brian Knox censored the Elins.
  timeraider

Apprentice Member

Joined: 3/20/11
Posts: 552

1/18/13 2:22:27 AM#18
sad Tera is optimised like shit. Not saying its impossible to have high fps, but if you want to play tera on the same fps as other mmo's .. you did better take the same graphical quality you use at the other games and divide that by 4
  Jemcrystal

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/02/08
Posts: 1354

Let em put a slave ring thru u're nose u're prob not going to like where they're taking you. Think.

1/22/13 6:51:48 AM#19
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by ricefarmer

korean game = beautiful character designs, super creative abilities and armor and enviorments, even ftp games are nice

 

western game = bland shitty ass designs and boring ugly characters

I agree. And, in the western games, it doesn't have to be over the top or highly stylized like the eastern games. But they always seem so bland.

You can tell the eastern designers just love their characters. From how they make the hair seem like hair to the fine details of the faces.

Western = homophobes

Eastern =  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ

  tet666

Apprentice Member

Joined: 5/12/12
Posts: 120

1/22/13 6:58:16 AM#20
Originally posted by timeraider
sad Tera is optimised like shit. Not saying its impossible to have high fps, but if you want to play tera on the same fps as other mmo's .. you did better take the same graphical quality you use at the other games and divide that by 4

 

What ? Tera runs better then any other  newer MMO for me and i have a rly old machine, I can play with almost anyrging on high and its smooth. GW2 or TSW on the other hand run like total crap for me with more then 3 or 4 players on screen.

Tera uses the Unreal Engine 3 probably the most optimized engine on the market atm so im rly surprised someone is complaining about performance here.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search