Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | Rift | EverQuest Next

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,234 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,582
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » En Masse TERA going ftp announcement

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  User Deleted
1/10/13 9:32:49 AM#21
Originally posted by Gormok
Heck their F2P model looks ten times better than that crap BW/EA put together for ToR. Even the past subscribers are not treated like second class citizens, but are actually rewarded for purchasing and subbing to the game.

Definitely agree.

A friend and I logged in the day SWTOR went F2P, got pissed off that there were no benefits to people who paid $50 + sub for the game, haven't logged in since. Tera's 'Founder' status makes me much more inclined to try the game again.

Avanah

Hard Core Member

1/10/13 9:43:46 AM#22
Originally posted by Renoaku

Yes I knew they were going to go F2P after their big time failures at launch...

Want to know a bigger failure, I just tried their download launcher to re install TERA just for the heck of it and guess what.

It says I dont have enough disk space.

However I do but the Happy Cloud Installer doesn't give me the option to OverRide, and select custom install location.

Couldn't get more fail than this Enmasse.

I'm downloading the game fine. It IS YOUR Computer!

You should make sure you have all the available space, also set up your computer to download on a specified hard Drive/SSD  or whatever.

It is NOT EnMasse's fault your computer can't handle the download. Stop blaming them.

Change your default Drive and try again.

TGIF...Thank God I'm Female

"Those with the most Opinions tend to have the fewest Facts"

Postcards

Novice Member

1/10/13 12:37:29 PM#23
Anyone else think that being an Elite Member is garbage? The benefits of it are too small and not worth paying for.
  User Deleted
1/10/13 1:01:29 PM#24
Originally posted by Postcards
Anyone else think that being an Elite Member is garbage? The benefits of it are too small and not worth paying for.

That's the beauty of it. Someone else does find it worthwhile, so they'll sub. Everyone's happy. Well, almost everyone. I'm sure there are those who are already dreading having to look at the F2Pers. 

Can't please everyone.

VikingGamer

Hard Core Member

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

1/10/13 1:08:05 PM#25
hmm, funny, I was able to reinstall TERA on my E drive about 2 weeks ago, but then that was the full version.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

VikingGamer

Hard Core Member

The strong are sometimes wrong but the weak are never free.

1/10/13 1:21:22 PM#26
Originally posted by Postcards

I don't know about that. I like the idea of exp/gold/rep buffs and saving money on broker sales.  Double daily quests and double daily instance entry really depends how hard you are going to push it. I guess it will really depend on the daily buff consumables. How long do they last or how many do you get each day? I guess I would rather just have a fixed buff where you got double exp all the time no need for a consumable but I suppose if the consumable you got lasts though death, last 24 hours and you get one each day then no big deal clicking something. I would also like to see all the fees removed from brokered items.

The thing to keep in mind is that they need to find a way to give use something for subbing but  not make it something so good that it becomes a must have. faster exp and gold gain is exactly the right thing to offer because it only shifts the time frame of things. I can play for 2 hours and get what a free player can get in 4. You only have to choose if you want to spend money or time getting there. The question is, do you get enough of that gain to make the price worth it.

All die, so die well.
Join SOLA in ArcheAge.

Hotcell

Apprentice Member

1/10/13 1:29:03 PM#27
Is the IP restriction still in the game?
josnic Xfire Miniprofile
  Reas43

Apprentice Member

1/10/13 3:50:30 PM#28
Originally posted by Hotcell
Is the IP restriction still in the game?

Canada had never been restricted.  If that's where you really are from.

Pivotelite

Novice Member

1/10/13 11:20:19 PM#29
Originally posted by stayontarget
Originally posted by DamonVile
Originally posted by Renoaku

OMG they actually are lmiting dungeons...

A person should be able to run as many dungeons as they like in a 24 hour period especially if they are a subscriber.

Enmasse might not be doing as bad a TOR, but let me tell you the secret to why they are doing what they are doing.

1. Because of Aion.

2. Because of Future Release of MMO's similar to TERA such as.

1. Blade & Soul

2. Queens Blade

Secret is they are trying to get customers and keep on what they already have to keep afloat its obvious.

/facepalm

My thoughts exactly.

/double facepalm

Anyways, the model is really good but that's only if they hold true to this model, I don't want to see them screw this opportunity up.

KhinRunite

Novice Member

1/10/13 11:34:04 PM#30
I hope my region is no longer locked out when Rising launches.
  Rayshe

Novice Member

1/10/13 11:46:51 PM#31
It'll give me something to do between Nightmare runs in TSW, so why not. Gotta keep trying to fill these 2 Terabyte Hard drives lol.

Because i can.
I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
Logic every gamers worst enemy.

Jekestrah

Novice Member

1/11/13 12:57:44 AM#32
I think we are not blocked on EU? Have you tried it?
  Pivotelite

Novice Member

1/11/13 12:06:42 PM#33
Originally posted by Rayshe
It'll give me something to do between Nightmare runs in TSW, so why not. Gotta keep trying to fill these 2 Terabyte Hard drives lol.

Its terafying how terably easy it is to make terable puns with the word TERA.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search