Trending Games | Guild Wars 2 | Firefall | Rift | Hearthstone

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,257 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,661
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Massive changes to TERA.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
33 posts found
  Pivotelite

Novice Member

OP  12/27/12 10:40:23 AM#21
Originally posted by Kanester

I loved TERA, I just could get passed the boring quests. How is end game in TERA now? Many people on the EU servers?

Would love to play again but not worth the monthly sub.

Not sure how EU is doing, I just know frogster/gameforge is as bad as ever in terms of customer service sadly. No idea why BHS picked them as a publisher, feel bad for EU players.

On a side note... BHS has released a video... but I have no clue what all this is or what it means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GM-cbZ0UOd8

Hand to hand combat, stealth and some sort of green glowy thing... must be buffs you gain through controlling things, I have no idea. Seems fun though.

Trudge34

Apprentice Member

12/27/12 10:42:38 AM#22
Originally posted by Pivotelite
Originally posted by Trudge34
Interesting changes so far here. I played from CBT5 to July only, got a little bored around level 48 I think it was. Been watching though for a while again and have been tempted to jump back in. Played a tank and loved my role in groups, but there didn't seem to be much to hold your attention at max level other than the same dungeon grinds. This could spark my interest again and get me back in. Think it's worth it?

I would just say to continue to keep an eye on it, but yeah, 45-55 level range is pretty bad and poorly thought out, it's where the game lost a lot of people, those levels get grindy and the story starts to lack, however it picks up a lot around 57-60.

If it goes F2P then youve really got nothing to lose by checking it out at least. 

@Postcards- I've been waiting for some more in-depth translations but our resident Korean speakers don't seem to be willing to translate and write up so much stuff, hopefully BHS releases some sort of trailers or in-depth information about it all in the coming weeks.

Yeah I've been holding out a little for F2P, but I'm thinking it might be a bit yet even before that happens. If they have another big content update or two after this one, the game might actually be up to standard with other sub games depending on what's included with that. The combat is enough almost for me to try again. I agree with the levels slowing down a lot in that range. Think I finished most of the quests in one of the mid 40s ranges and the next story quest was in the same or lower range with lower exp than I was getting for the higher level quests in the area I just finished. Felt kind of dejected so just gave up a bit.

Think I may be ready to give it another go though, the updates that have come into the game, improved GM support and presence in game along with the upcoming update sound pretty good.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
80 Sylvari Ranger

Satcho

Advanced Member

12/27/12 11:07:43 AM#23

If only they worked on the horrid difference equipment creates for PvP -- it really kills the "skill>equipment" flag they've waved since inception...

In any case, love the game. Sieges are an enormous pro in my books... Can't wait!

sumdumguy1

Hard Core Member

12/27/12 11:11:46 AM#24
Originally posted by chelan
i know the people who enjoy this game are quite taken by it. i hope this improves their community and their gameplay experience. (even though i admit this game lasted all of 15 minutes on my computer.)

my thoughts abd experience exactly.

User Deleted
12/27/12 11:13:55 AM#25
The only change they could make to get me back is to go F2P.
  Sovrath

Elite Member

12/27/12 11:20:07 AM#26
Originally posted by Renoaku

I don't care about TERA, or its Changes it sitll wont get me back as a consumer until they give me what I believed I paid for.

$9.99 USD to change a hair, or skin lol, or later in the game pay a lot of gold to buy a ticket or something to change it NO THANKS give me a TRUE game.

Also

Another thing Don't forget about Elin Censorship, or the Ideas Enmasse stole from those "Bikini" Mods by fixing it so that if you mod your texture files the game breaks and wont update, and sticking them in their cash shop for $34 USD or something like this.

Don't forget about their lame forum moderators their moderator who begins with an M I forget their name constantly removing and locking posts without reasons they are equal to the corrupttion in Mortal Online, and lets not forget that these people are likely not even GM's just people given forum ban rights.

1, there are other games that charge you for character changes or charge in game for character changes. Heck, Aion does and it has a more robust character creation system than Tera. If this type of thing is an issue you should have done your due dilligence. Seems like a small thing to complain about.

2, Apparently they don't want players to muck about with the files. So don't do it easy peazy, you'll live not looking at elin characters in skimpy outfits. Don't play the censcorship card because you don't have a leg to stand on. Or do you stand up in a movie and rant and rave because the camera cuts away during a love scene?

3, I highly doubt that after your impassioned "post" they don't have reason. Someting tells me that you are one of those posters who are rather ardent about your wrongs and continually post about them over and over and over...

In any case, I'm lookng forward to any changes that add the the game.

rojoArcueid

Elite Member

"It is double pleasure to deceive the deceiver". - Niccolo Machiavelli

12/27/12 11:27:15 AM#27
i smell TERA f2p (no crap fremmium), soon after KTERA makes the move. Ill be waiting for that and then jump back to this game. Still got it installed but nice graphics only arent worth my monthly money. Good Job KTERA.

My endgame begins with character creation and ends with a new mmorpg

arctarus

Apprentice Member

12/27/12 11:34:22 AM#28
They need to remove the ip block seriously if they want more players.

RIP Orc Choppa

Pivotelite

Novice Member

OP  12/27/12 11:37:25 AM#29
Originally posted by arctarus

I didn't think the EU version had an IP block, I thought it was only NA?

TERA has blocks most likely because they are making the game global, they just released in Taiwan and probably plan to release in China/Asia sometime soon, hence the IP block for those regions in the NA version.

Atleast were not like Korea, all Korean published games are unable to be accessed from any other country without a KSSN(hard to get) or some are less strict and require a mobile phone number.

An IP block is pretty easy to work your way around in comparison.

arctarus

Apprentice Member

12/27/12 11:46:13 AM#30
Originally posted by Pivotelite
Originally posted by arctarus

I didn't think the EU version had an IP block, I thought it was only NA?

TERA has blocks most likely because they are making the game global, they just released in Taiwan and probably plan to release in China/Asia sometime soon, hence the IP block for those regions in the NA version.

Atleast were not like Korea, all Korean published games are unable to be accessed from any other country without a KSSN(hard to get) or some are less strict and require a mobile phone number.

An IP block is pretty easy to work your way around in comparison.

The ping is horrendous connecting to euro servers.

If they plan to release servers in china and taiwan than restrict those countires from playing in N.A servers.

Most south east asia players dont speak or write chinese, but in english.

To pay an extra $10usd on top of the sub to work around an ip block for a game is just not worth it.

Release the ip block for the rest of SEA players will get thousands of players flooding to your servers, why not?

No mmo can escape gold sellers, the devs just need to be more vigilant and provide better ways for players to report them.

RIP Orc Choppa

Ingvar

Advanced Member

1/03/13 10:51:25 AM#31
I am in EU and play on the US server with no lag or anything. And there seem to be alot of people playing.(alot doesn't mean milions)
  Malamasala

Apprentice Member

1/03/13 4:57:08 PM#32
Originally posted by Sovrath
Originally posted by Renoaku

I don't care about TERA, or its Changes it sitll wont get me back as a consumer until they give me what I believed I paid for.

$9.99 USD to change a hair, or skin lol, or later in the game pay a lot of gold to buy a ticket or something to change it NO THANKS give me a TRUE game.

Also

Another thing Don't forget about Elin Censorship, or the Ideas Enmasse stole from those "Bikini" Mods by fixing it so that if you mod your texture files the game breaks and wont update, and sticking them in their cash shop for $34 USD or something like this.

Don't forget about their lame forum moderators their moderator who begins with an M I forget their name constantly removing and locking posts without reasons they are equal to the corrupttion in Mortal Online, and lets not forget that these people are likely not even GM's just people given forum ban rights.

1, there are other games that charge you for character changes or charge in game for character changes. Heck, Aion does and it has a more robust character creation system than Tera. If this type of thing is an issue you should have done your due dilligence. Seems like a small thing to complain about.

2, Apparently they don't want players to muck about with the files. So don't do it easy peazy, you'll live not looking at elin characters in skimpy outfits. Don't play the censcorship card because you don't have a leg to stand on. Or do you stand up in a movie and rant and rave because the camera cuts away during a love scene?

3, I highly doubt that after your impassioned "post" they don't have reason. Someting tells me that you are one of those posters who are rather ardent about your wrongs and continually post about them over and over and over...

In any case, I'm lookng forward to any changes that add the the game.

On regards to 2. You better believe I was upset at Disney Christmas show being yet again additionally censored 2012. Do I need black dolls jumping on OK stamps? No, but you better believe I'm highly offended when it is removed because "Someone could find it offensive." Said someone can surely put up with 3 seconds of a movie once a year.

And it isn't like people even learn. In November they tried to silently ban Tintin in Kongo, for the same reasons. It caused a riot and the ban never happened and the guy proposing it had to quit his job because of the fiasco. How on earth they managed to do the same thing to christmas 2 months later is beyond my understanding.

hopenottaken

Novice Member

1/03/13 5:03:00 PM#33

This game is dead. Born dead in fact.

You can't build an acceptable game from the ruins of another one. I'm so sick of ppl getting so worked up with every update that it's beginning to hurt. QoA2 update was said to bring back tons of new and old players.

My ass.

So say hello to the 1 month bloom after the update + F2P and then go back to your corner and start to mop again cuz everyone else is stupid and don't want to play this beautiful game.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search