Trending Games | Landmark | Camelot Unchained | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,919,558 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,309,922
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » How is this game going?

10 posts found
  Wolfy2449

Novice Member

Joined: 3/22/10
Posts: 419

 
OP  1/01/13 9:24:52 AM#1

I am interested in trying it but i dont know how this game is going, and what i mean is: Are there many people playing it, and pvping or it it kinda dead?

I am from europe and i show that this game at steam still costs 50eu which is wierd since it has been released for sometime now and it does have a subscription requirement, does that mean the game is going well and ddoesnt need to reduce its price?

i show that it only costs 20$ from us site and 5$ from amazon but i assume the keys are region locked and you cant use them to create a eu account, right? is there any play i can get it cheaper? amazon.co.uk has it for around 21 pounds but its not digital.

 

is it worth the 50 euros it costs? i am mainly interested in pvp vtw

Woof!

  Rthuth434

Novice Member

Joined: 12/26/12
Posts: 367

1/01/13 9:25:30 AM#2

not really. it's about to be F2P so you should just wait. from your post i assume that you're in the EU....so you might want to stay clear of TERA. it's run by frogster(GameForge) and they're an awful publisher.

 

prepare to get quadruple billed for a mediocre game and get horrible support while you're at it.

  Reas43

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/27/11
Posts: 308

1/01/13 3:07:36 PM#3
Originally posted by Wolfy2449

I am interested in trying it but i dont know how this game is going, and what i mean is: Are there many people playing it, and pvping or it it kinda dead?

I am from europe and i show that this game at steam still costs 50eu which is wierd since it has been released for sometime now and it does have a subscription requirement, does that mean the game is going well and ddoesnt need to reduce its price?

i show that it only costs 20$ from us site and 5$ from amazon but i assume the keys are region locked and you cant use them to create a eu account, right? is there any play i can get it cheaper? amazon.co.uk has it for around 21 pounds but its not digital.  is it worth the 50 euros it costs? i am mainly interested in pvp vtw

 

 

 

If for any reason, whethr it be region lock or what have you, you are only interested in playing the EU servers then no.  Just wait.  The service Gameforge-Berlin provides is not worth the money they ask for.

If you are willing to play the NA servers then it definitely is worth the free trial and $5 NA-Amazon purchase with included 30 days of play.  The PvE and PvP servers in NA are very playable and of the two the PvP in NA is arguably the busiest of the three if measured by how solid the Broker prices remain.  

  Pivotelite

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2195

1/01/13 3:23:30 PM#4

I hate to say this since I love TERA but no... no it's not.

 

Just wait for potential F2P, Gameforge/Frogster is the worlds worst publisher and they don't deserve a penny from you.

  theoneandonly

Novice Member

Joined: 12/06/12
Posts: 103

Life - the one and only MMO. All the rest will FAIL!!!!

1/01/13 3:30:43 PM#5

Dont know how Tera doing in NA, but EU PvP server is on Medium. I usually play evenings so always something going on. There is a word around about F2P. They gonna anounce something in the end of Jan.

Upcoming update with seiges looks way better then GW2 WvWvW, but still a wait for on EU servers.

Leveling is easy, end game gear grinder.

  Achro

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/02/13
Posts: 5

1/02/13 12:29:35 AM#6
Avoid the EU version like the plague. Tons of them are joining the NA version because the Euro server management is a disaster.
  Malamasala

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/02/13
Posts: 9

1/02/13 1:07:23 PM#7
Originally posted by Pivotelite

I hate to say this since I love TERA but no... no it's not.

 

Just wait for potential F2P, Gameforge/Frogster is the worlds worst publisher and they don't deserve a penny from you.

EME and Frogster are about equal. Neither deserves a penny, but if you must play you may as well go with EME. They have more stable servers, but more insulting and rude employees.

I've talked to EME support and their response was always "We don't care." and at Frogster I always got "You are totally right, and it is sad that we aren't able to make the improvements".

  SwampDragons

Advanced Member

Joined: 6/14/06
Posts: 307

1/04/13 3:02:01 PM#8
Originally posted by Malamasala

I've talked to EME support and their response was always "We don't care." and at Frogster I always got "You are totally right, and it is sad that we aren't able to make the improvements".

I highly doubt someone gave you the response "We don't care." perhaps they werent sucking up to you like all the other game GM's that players have grown accustomed to.

  Nacario

Advanced Member

Joined: 3/16/12
Posts: 220

The real world is roleplay and background noise

1/04/13 3:04:37 PM#9
If you're EU, keep distance because Frogster ruined it :( I hear the US has it much better though
  User Deleted
1/07/13 11:19:36 PM#10
Originally posted by Malamasala
Originally posted by Pivotelite

I hate to say this since I love TERA but no... no it's not.

 

Just wait for potential F2P, Gameforge/Frogster is the worlds worst publisher and they don't deserve a penny from you.

EME and Frogster are about equal. Neither deserves a penny, but if you must play you may as well go with EME. They have more stable servers, but more insulting and rude employees.

I've talked to EME support and their response was always "We don't care." and at Frogster I always got "You are totally right, and it is sad that we aren't able to make the improvements".

Actually ive heard quite the opposite about EME.  Actually heard they were downright awesome with customer service.  Ive never been the one to use customer service so it doesnt really matter to me.

Recall seeing some threads somewhere where EME employees sent out handwritten christmas cards to a bunch of their forum users too...which is unheard of.

 

I would come back to this game in a heartbeat if they diversified class equipment and added more skills ect. Part of the reason i left was that i was forever locked into a small disc weapon with no options...and in a game with really nothing to do other than quest hubbing...stuff like that kinda matterd to me.

 

Sigh...if only they had made this into a full loot sandbox...