Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online

  Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,857,563 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,243,282
Bluehole Studio | Official Site
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » thinking about playing this game.

12 posts found
  robaro

Novice Member

Joined: 12/21/12
Posts: 9

 
OP  12/21/12 12:13:29 PM#1

Looking for a new game.

I used to play runescape and wow.

Gave up on wow when the clan disbanded.

Will stop runescape because of the new microtransaction sistem.

 

I have some questions about this game, how is TERA compared to this 2.

Questing is fun?

Raids are interesting?

How is the microtransaction in the game?

Is there a good clan sistem? pvp clans?

How much grind on the game?

I would appreciate honest and precise answers.

  Cakeisyummeh

Novice Member

Joined: 4/12/12
Posts: 211

12/21/12 12:17:31 PM#2
It's free to play lvl 1-28. Give it a go
  robaro

Novice Member

Joined: 12/21/12
Posts: 9

 
OP  12/21/12 5:51:07 PM#3

Ty.

I will try later, after christmass.

But I would like to know, is there microtransactions in this game?

  Reas43

Apprentice Member

Joined: 4/27/11
Posts: 308

12/21/12 8:32:14 PM#4

 

 

http://tera.enmasse.com/

That is a link to the North American version. It has a Cash Shop for things like race change, costumes and two mounts. It also has Chronoscrolls, which can be used to purchase game time with in game money.

NA has an unlimited time free trial to level 28 with limits to certain chat channels etc.

 

http://tera-europe.com/en/home.html

That is a link to the European servers.  There's no cash shop, and by the same token you can't recustomize your character or any of those things. 

EU has a 7 day free trial.


 

 

  Vidir

Apprentice Member

Joined: 1/14/04
Posts: 966

12/21/12 8:38:18 PM#5
Originally posted by robaro

Looking for a new game.

I used to play runescape and wow.

Gave up on wow when the clan disbanded.

Will stop runescape because of the new microtransaction sistem.

 

I have some questions about this game, how is TERA compared to this 2.

Questing is fun?

Raids are interesting?

How is the microtransaction in the game?

Is there a good clan sistem? pvp clans?

How much grind on the game?

I would appreciate honest and precise answers.

 I did play this game from release and gave it up when gw2 came out since I allredy was going to play gw2. Should not have dunn that since Tera is way better game than gw2 imo.

  robaro

Novice Member

Joined: 12/21/12
Posts: 9

 
OP  12/22/12 11:02:38 PM#6
Originally posted by Reas43

 

 

http://tera.enmasse.com/

That is a link to the North American version. It has a Cash Shop for things like race change, costumes and two mounts. It also has Chronoscrolls, which can be used to purchase game time with in game money.

NA has an unlimited time free trial to level 28 with limits to certain chat channels etc.

 

http://tera-europe.com/en/home.html

That is a link to the European servers.  There's no cash shop, and by the same token you can't recustomize your character or any of those things. 

EU has a 7 day free trial.


 

 

Tyvm.

I will travel to work on the hollidays.

But I will download this, looks like a nice game.

Do you play a lot? I would like to add you after i come back, if it is not a problem.

  Pivotelite

Novice Member

Joined: 1/19/12
Posts: 2193

12/22/12 11:05:12 PM#7

Hardly any games are grindier than Runescape so i'm sure you'll be able to tolerate TERA lol, I was actually fidling about in Runescape before I came to TERA.

 

Anyways, PM me if you have any specific questions that weren't covered by everyone else already.

  User Deleted
12/22/12 11:26:11 PM#8
Originally posted by robaro

Looking for a new game.

I used to play runescape and wow.

Gave up on wow when the clan disbanded.

Will stop runescape because of the new microtransaction sistem.

 

I have some questions about this game, how is TERA compared to this 2.

Questing is fun? No

Raids are interesting? No real raids, only dungeons.

How is the microtransaction in the game? On par with WoW and Rift.

Is there a good clan sistem? pvp clans? Same as most other games.

How much grind on the game? Its quite quick to level, but it feels like a grind because it is so boring.

I would appreciate honest and precise answers.

Answers above.

  User Deleted
12/22/12 11:26:54 PM#9
*double post*
  stayontarget

Guide

Joined: 10/04/08
Posts: 6128

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

12/22/12 11:34:32 PM#10
Originally posted by robaro

I have some questions about this game, how is TERA compared to this 2.

Questing is fun?

Raids are interesting?

How is the microtransaction in the game?

Is there a good clan sistem? pvp clans?

How much grind on the game?

I would appreciate honest and precise answers.

Questing is ok but its the standard quest model.

There is only one raid in the game so far (nexus transverse = lv60 with up to 10 people).   Most of the end game hard mode instances are quite challanging but not considered raids.

There are no microtransactions in tera but there is a cash shop that sells mounts and costumes,  most in game events give out costumes for rewards.

there are two types of servers (pvp & pve)  the major diference between the two is pvp servers have open world pvp that is not consensual.  BGs, GvG, Duels, Deathmatches are avalable on both types.

on avg it will take someone 3-4 weeks to reach max lvl.  its quest based,  so the best exp is from doing quest.

~hope that helps~

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

  robaro

Novice Member

Joined: 12/21/12
Posts: 9

 
OP  12/28/12 10:56:12 AM#11

I can't find the download the free trial on na server.

Can anione plz help me?

  Vernam

Novice Member

Joined: 6/01/09
Posts: 50

12/28/12 6:50:59 PM#12
Originally posted by robaro

I can't find the download the free trial on na server.

Can anione plz help me?

http://www.thehappycloud.com/tera_enmasse_installer