Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | Shroud of the Avatar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,766,577 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,162
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Upcoming 3 vs 3 best setup?

9 posts found
  theoneandonly

Novice Member

Life - the one and only MMO. All the rest will FAIL!!!!

OP  12/22/12 2:55:32 PM#1

with upcoming 3 vs 3 arena, what is the best setup? Lancer,  Bers, Priest.

Lancer best cround control in 3vs 3 , Bers best DPS, and Priest with self heal - this setup just looks OP.

What do u think?

Reas43

Apprentice Member

12/22/12 3:42:33 PM#2

As things stand right now you'd imagine a Mystic would have the advantage over a priest.  Remember they can CC 2 peeps and not just one.  Plus they can pepper the field with blue balls and not just red, which a Berserker would find infinitely useful. 

But you have to understand when that patch comes out it is very likely there will be a balance pass for PvP targeting the Arena.  I think when the 3v3 came out in Korea there was a pass that kinda nerfed Priests some and made the casting time of motes faster.  Who knows if they'll adapt those changes in the NA version.  My bet is that they will.

Also don't forget Archers can CC pretty good and will be getting a bit more survival.   Lancer definitely sounds like an aggravately easy choice no matter what.  God they're annoying.

Pivotelite

Novice Member

12/22/12 11:08:26 PM#3

Honestly, I'm thinking warrior, lancer, mystic.

I think those 3 played very well would be almost unbeatable, maybe if the warrior went defensive with the glyph that increases damage after blocking an attack would be best.

There's just so much CC with those 3 that given the right situations you could lockdown the 3 enemy players and take them from 100% to nothing during the CC.

Think about it, lancer uses giga-leash mystic applies their stun on the pile, lancer then uses shield bash and warrior uses cascade of stuns to spread that stun back onto everyone.

I'll probably be running warrior, lancer, mystic, but if my mystic doesn't come back i'll settle for a priest.

stayontarget

Guide

Girlfriends come and go but Epic battles are Soulbound

12/22/12 11:20:32 PM#4
Originally posted by Pivotelite

Honestly, I'm thinking warrior, lancer, mystic.

I think those 3 played very well would be almost unbeatable, maybe if the warrior went defensive with the glyph that increases damage after blocking an attack would be best.

There's just so much CC with those 3 that given the right situations you could lockdown the 3 enemy players and take them from 100% to nothing during the CC.

Think about it, lancer uses giga-leash mystic applies their stun on the pile, lancer then uses shield bash and warrior uses cascade of stuns to spread that stun back onto everyone.

I'll probably be running warrior, lancer, mystic, but if my mystic doesn't come back i'll settle for a priest.

I was thinking more in the line of Berserker, Lancer, Priest.  With the lancers leash and group leash + zerkers aoe dps it might be hard to beat.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Pivotelite

Novice Member

12/22/12 11:26:11 PM#5

Who knows, this is all just theorycrafting really, but I was pretty surprised at the winners of the community held 3v3 yesterday.

It was an archer, slayer, mystic.

But health/mp were allowed because it was too hard to monitor that, however just like the arena ruleset there were no charms/scrolls allowed.

theoneandonly

Novice Member

OP  12/23/12 1:22:23 AM#6
we were doing some pvp in a guild  and  lancer, bers and heal always beat other setup. Kind of  annoying cause i run sorc, and my dps way to slow for 3 vs 3.
  Postcards

Novice Member

12/23/12 11:58:05 AM#7

There will be a lot of class changes with the 3v3 patch but I would go Mystic, Archer, Warrior or Mystic, Archer, Lancer.

The GMs were messing with my OWPVP during the tournament. They're such fucking carebears.

theoneandonly

Novice Member

OP  12/24/12 3:16:06 PM#8
Originally posted by Postcards

There will be a lot of class changes with the 3v3 patch but I would go Mystic, Archer, Warrior or Mystic, Archer, Lancer.

The GMs were messing with my OWPVP during the tournament. They're such fucking carebears.

Can u link upcoming class changes, please.

Pivotelite

Novice Member

12/25/12 1:04:13 PM#9
Originally posted by theoneandonly
Originally posted by Postcards

Can u link upcoming class changes, please.

All I know is that you'll be happy since Sorcs are getting a 10% damage increase to all skills, movement speed of void pulse doubled and an invulnerability frame(basically a dodge) on your backstep.