Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Warframe | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Project Gorgon

Facebook Twitter YouTube Twitch.tv
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:3,027,647 Users Online:0
Games:843  Posts:6,482,776
TERA (TERA)
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Setting:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Free | Monthly Fee:n/a
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » I tried to play but NO

5 posts found
  marz.at.play

Novice Member

nanu nanu

OP  12/08/12 11:18:09 PM#1

Spent a good 30 minutes customizing my character to try the game out and I get disconnected after entering my name...GREAT! So I try again and spend another 15 minutes and once I edit my name...DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER AGAIN! I guess EnMasse don't want me to play.

Bye bye TERA.

thecapitaine

Hard Core Member

12/08/12 11:44:03 PM#2
I had the same problem.  You've only got between 5-10 minutes to create your character before you get hit with a timeout and a disconnect.  Many people just go through and design the character they want, then write down the values for all the sliders, etc. then reconnect and fast-create the character to beat the timer.  It's a quite annoying way to do it but if you have any interest in the game at all, it's probably worth getting past to see if the game is for you.
  XImpalerX

Apprentice Member

"As you think, so shall you become"

12/10/12 1:21:30 PM#3
Originally posted by marz.at.play

Spent a good 30 minutes customizing my character to try the game out and I get disconnected after entering my name...GREAT! So I try again and spend another 15 minutes and once I edit my name...DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER AGAIN! I guess EnMasse don't want me to play.

Bye bye TERA.

Are you EU or US?

I play on US and have never had that issue. One thing you can try is to change your characters name every few minutes until your done, this should tell the server that you are still there.

User Deleted
12/14/12 7:41:40 AM#4

Happened to me too, but more along the lines of 20 minutes. (i needed to go afk during creation).
But that also happened to me in kr und jp 2010 / 2011.

Screenshot the values or write them down.
As addition tipp: Characters do NOT look like in the editor. Some facial propotions are wrong there because the FOV (field of vision) is different and more of an fish eye effect. also the gloss effect from various surroundings is missing during chracter creation.

A tiny step to big lips may turn out to look as two big rubber boats with the gloss map applied in the game. A light smirk end up as clownfacesmiling. Perfectly matching eyes appear to look to far from each other like with golum.

Screenshots are done with the print key and found under your game install folder ...\Tera\Client\S1Game\Screenshots

kabitoshin

Advanced Member

12/14/12 7:43:12 AM#5
I couldn't make it past level 30.