Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,623 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,168
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » TERA: Discovery Edition

9 posts found
  AmbrosiaAmor

Novice Member

OP  11/06/12 2:09:10 PM#1

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/530

They have increased the max level players can play up to, as well as removing the 7 day restriction so you can play on your own time. If you have done the 7 day trial, your account will automatically be upgraded to a Discovery Edition account.

You may only have 1 Discovery Edition on your En Masse account.

• Max level 28
  • 200g limit
  • Max gathering skill of 150
  • Max crafting skill of 100
  • 2 characters per server

Chat restrictions:

• /Say chat
  • Area chat
  • Global Chat
  • Trade Chat
  • Bargaining at the brokerage
  • Party search
  • Whispers (you will be able to whisper to players on your friends list)

Limits to:

• Bank. You cannot deposit gold into your bank.
  • Parcel. You may not send parcel messages, but you may receive them.
  • Friends List. You may not add people to your friends list, but other may add you to their friends list. If someone adds you to their friends list they will show up on your friends list.
  • Whispers. You may only whisper your friends.
  • Guild. You may not apply to or create a guild, but if invited, you may accept a guild invite.
  • Trade Broker. You may not post items for sale, but you may purchase items.

User Deleted
11/07/12 9:28:34 AM#2

About time, a proper trial is one of many steps towards success.
That was always a shortcoming from the publisher's side.

Amjoco

Elite Member

11/07/12 9:33:30 AM#3
Now if they can just match the game PvE content with the outstanding combat system they have a chance.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Methos12

Hard Core Member

Its better to be quiet and perceived as stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

11/15/12 8:41:23 AM#4
Any update on European version getting this as well?

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
Magic without Technology is fantasy.
Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.

Reas43

Apprentice Member

11/15/12 9:14:57 AM#5
Originally posted by Methos12
Any update on European version getting this as well?

Nope.  As far as I can tell Gameforge has its hands full with the (overly delayed) server merges.  I wouldn't expect them to change their free trial (which I believe is 7 day) for at least a month.  Remember EME and Gameforge run two entirely different services so you'll get better answer at their own site.

If you're in the Continental EU you might as well use EME's NA version.  People from Netherlands and UK are able to play with negligible ping and without having to deal with Gameforge.

kitarad

Advanced Member

11/18/12 7:13:13 AM#6

You cannot use this for an existing account I noticed. I had subbed before for this game in May. I cannot get to play for free so I have to create another account is it for the Discovery Edition and not use my existing one which I bought the game with ?

Reas43

Apprentice Member

11/18/12 12:49:21 PM#7
Originally posted by kitarad

You cannot use this for an existing account I noticed. I had subbed before for this game in May. I cannot get to play for free so I have to create another account is it for the Discovery Edition and not use my existing one which I bought the game with ?

It is an unlimited time free TRIAL.

If you were on their prior 7 day limited trial that account gets automatically changed to the new format.

If you had a normal account and stopped subscribing in order to play on that old account you must resubscribe. 

Or, if you just want to play to level 28, role-play jump around with the limitations of the trial account you can create a new one under their new trial.

It is not F2P.  It is a trial.  Forum posters have been calling it F2P because it's catchy and grabs attention. I think the OP posted the links but here they are again:

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/530

About the streaming downloader program:

https://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/540

If you don't want to deal with the streaming downloader and just play it after it fully download then go to:

http://tera.enmasse.com/download

and click the link under the blue bar called "download the full client."

MyTabbycat

Novice Member

11/28/12 12:08:25 PM#8
I'm actually glad they introduced this discovery edition. I downloaded it and tried Tera. I found it annoying and clunky. So I'm not going to waste any money purchasing a game I won't play.
  JudgeUK

Hard Core Member

12/23/12 6:15:26 PM#9

This was my last hope for playing the game. In the UK we have Gameforge (formerly Frogster), and after living with them for as long as I could, I'd had enough.

I've played mmo's for years, many mmo's published by various companies. I'd rate Trion up there with the best. For the worst there is no competition, not by a long way. Gameforge - you win - easily - . no one gets anywhere near.

So, to see if I could live with the fps from the US servers I tried the Discovery Edition..... and whilst it was ok in some areas, it was unplayable in others. Damn.

So that's it. Only hope now is that something changes in the EU and another publisher arrives - not holding my breath for that. Going ftp?  - would that improve Gameforge support for the game? I don't believe it for a second.