Trending Games | Star Wars: The Old Republic | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,867 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,671
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » maybe will be Soon F2P?

8 posts found
  davc123

Novice Member

OP  10/03/12 9:39:35 AM#1

everyday lower population  maybe will be  F2P soon? i want play but i dont want p2p :D

Reizla

Hard Core Member

MMORPGs are no longer about the mass multi-user anymore *sadly*

10/03/12 9:44:06 AM#2
Just bought the game myself (after the 7-day trial) and I gotta say that both the PvP and PvE (US) server are quite busy. Dunno where you heard that there's less players every day...

Demigoth's RPG adventures ~ My blog

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
GTX660 (ASUS/EVGA) 3x HD monitor spanned 5760x1080
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion

hopenottaken

Novice Member

10/08/12 5:20:46 PM#3
Originally posted by Reizla
Just bought the game myself (after the 7-day trial) and I gotta say that both the PvP and PvE (US) server are quite busy. Dunno where you heard that there's less players every day...

Maybe cuz there was 11 servers before the merge and an AAA title with just 3 servers in NA is a joke. In KR it was 37 merged down to 4.

Go figure.

Reas43

Apprentice Member

10/08/12 5:44:21 PM#4
Nice thread bump.
  Lathander81

Novice Member

I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

10/08/12 11:19:34 PM#5
Originally posted by hopenottaken
Originally posted by Reizla

Maybe cuz there was 11 servers before the merge and an AAA title with just 3 servers in NA is a joke. In KR it was 37 merged down to 4.

Go figure.

They had more servers than needed. I would agree that merges seem negative but really all of them have done it. WOW hasn't but they have a cross server match making system and the game is free from 1-20 so new comers think its populated.

Jenosyde

Apprentice Member

10/09/12 1:07:22 AM#6
No the 9 mil subs make it people think its populated.. deep
  Yavin_Prime

Novice Member

10/17/12 11:49:04 PM#7

I agree, I played the game for a month but couldn't justify paying a monthly fee for it. It's a good game but with Blade & Soul on the way I think it needs to go F2P sooner than later. Afterall if SWTOR can go F2P TERA can too (and should).

Reas43

Apprentice Member

10/18/12 9:47:58 AM#8
Originally posted by Yavin_Prime

I agree, I played the game for a month but couldn't justify paying a monthly fee for it. It's a good game but with Blade & Soul on the way I think it needs to go F2P sooner than later. Afterall if SWTOR can go F2P TERA can too (and should).

I used to be of the same opinion.  But the Producers of both TERA and TSW have both gone on record that neither has active or current plans to go F2P. Obviously they left the option open for the future, but you can tell if either goes F2P it will be longer than half a year before it happens if ever. 

TERA is a special situation with its Chronoscroll, game is currently retailing low with the occasional sale, and once in game you hit your first 1400 gold it becomes fully F2P if you so choose (as I have). 

That steady income from its current playerbase and chronoscrollers is very likely enough for the game to continue operating and adding content just fine. Same with TSW, based on the producer interview (they are better off with 200k box purchases and a fraction of those paying a steady subscription stream than with many more players not paying. TERA is in a better situation than that by virtue of its Chronoscroll. 

It's good that a few games out there stay P2P. Variety in the market is best.