Trending Games | WildStar | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,640,523 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,075,021
Bluehole Studio | Play Now
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Final  (rel 05/01/12)  | Pub:En Masse Entertainment
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download | Retail Price:Free | Pay Type:Hybrid | Monthly Fee:$14.99
System Req: PC | Out of date info? Let us know!

TERA Forum » General Discussion » Is Tera PVP worth subbing for?

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  omidus

Apprentice Member

9/01/12 7:03:04 PM#41
Originally posted by GTwander
Originally posted by Ceromus

BOOTED
BOOTED
BOOTED
BOOTED

Sadly, all games are ending up like that. WoW's gearscore started it, and now no other game can escape it.

It's like you have to have claimed every single piece of epic gear from the very instance you're doing - to GET said epic gear - before anyone even lets you run it with them.

in wow people can gear up from 0 to heroes in 20 runs or so, in TERA if gears are enchanted the difference it creates is immense. that's how terrible the game design is.

TERA has many good thing going for it, but not enough and some features are too little too late.

otacu

Apprentice Member

9/02/12 5:32:45 AM#42
Originally posted by eHug

So yes, GW2 got some interessting idea, but no, I don't think that game is in any way comparable with Tera. If you like dynamic action rich combat that's beyond the usual tabtargetting + autofire you don't have much choice.

If by "some interesting ideas" you mean "vastly superior pvp" i agree.

Sorry but i'll take a skill based, no pve to pvp grind, no trinity game over a gearbased , pve grind to pvp, trinity (hello pvp healers), reflect dmg game anyday.

Not much of a choice for a pvper but i guess everyone has different preferences...

rawfox

Hard Core Member

9/02/12 5:38:31 AM#43

I got a question, i heared you cannot move while casting stuff, is that true ?

Does your character has to stand, to be able to cast skills and abilities ?

Or can i jump arround my opponent while firing the pest over him ?

free2play

Elite Member

9/04/12 11:30:57 PM#44
Originally posted by Citalkay

No.

This. Tera is a wonderful game. Pretty, alot of depth. Fantastic.

PvP? Not so much.

free2play

Elite Member

9/04/12 11:31:40 PM#45
Originally posted by rawfox

I got a question, i heared you cannot move while casting stuff, is that true ?

Does your character has to stand, to be able to cast skills and abilities ?

Or can i jump arround my opponent while firing the pest over him ?

It has an animation lock. You can't kite and fight.

SirBalin

Warmonger

9/04/12 11:32:54 PM#46
Originally posted by Geschaefer

I love PVP. Popbable the only reason why i play MMO's and level sharacters.

Question is: Is teras PVP god enough to buy the game and subb?

Im quite tired of buying games who claim to have new and amazing PVP; then they announce that its not ready at launch,, 

Any feedback ?

The games pvp was fun, but 99% of it takes place one foot outside of safezones where people can just run back and forth so they don't die...I left simply because of that. 

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.com
"You're either with us or against us"

User Deleted
9/12/12 9:07:15 PM#47

People tend to look at it as a sum value: is the box+sub (theres no box anymore its just sub on this one right?) worth it?

Well, to play a game on a level play field with everyone else, to have access to the whole game, to know your never going to be gouged $60 for powerups that are needed or perhaps the need to get into a wallet war to compete...to me yeah thats worth it.

If your planning to play any p2p for a few days a month...then no, go play a free game and deal with the inevitable fact that your eventually going to come to the point where youll need to spend a lot of money to continue, or farm for in-human amounts of time to do it free.  Every free game reaches this point.

To me knowing that if i ever do reach endgame, or do decide to play for an extended period of time, that ill never be at a disadvantage or have to make a choice on larger purchases to continue playing, i know that ill be paying just $15 no more, no less.

This game has great combat, fantastic combat.  The world is beautiful.  But just about everything else seems underdeveloped.  Its hard to tell with korean games on what path they will take.  Its no secret that koreans like f2p more, its no secret that westerners like different types of mechanics and gameplay than koreans.  So its going to be hard to tell if they are going to cater to what westerners want or focus on korea.  

Im not sure if the games doing better here than in korea either, that might be an indication on what happens.

Basically the game needs a bunch of themepark rides...yesterday..to make use of what it does really well, and thats fun combat.

If you like the combat, and not all will, and you like farming and quest running while looking at beautiful graphics...youll like the game.  If you want complex pvp and endgame mechanics, and dont care about anything else, youll get bored fast.

Oh how i think what this game COULD have been with a sandbox and full loot world...a complex crafting system diverse weapons...and a guild vs guild conflct mechanic with seiges....its just...not fair to have so many sandboxes with shit combat and this game sitting here rotting with such a fantastic combat system locked into an underdeveloped themepark world....sigh..

Greyhooff

Novice Member

9/13/12 3:28:36 AM#48

Simply put... no.

TERA class balance is bad, the skills system doesn't work for PVP, the actual PVP systems are embryonic and/or non-functional, and the game is just not built for PVP.

Play GW2 for PVP, it has the best MMO pvp by a mile.

Evgireon

Advanced Member

9/13/12 1:35:58 PM#49
Originally posted by Greyhooff

Simply put... no.

TERA class balance is bad, the skills system doesn't work for PVP, the actual PVP systems are embryonic and/or non-functional, and the game is just not built for PVP.

Can you gank anyone you want anywhere outside of safezone in GW2?
  eHug

Advanced Member

9/14/12 6:28:02 AM#50
Originally posted by Evgireon
Originally posted by Greyhooff

Simply put... no.

Can you gank anyone you want anywhere outside of safezone in GW2?

GW2 is more for the carebear faction, it only got consentual PVP. Not to mention it got an extremely dull fighting system that makes most ppl that tried Tera yawn.

Purutzil

Elite Member

The Critical Hit Pretzel!

9/14/12 6:30:49 AM#51

PvP is probably a strong point of the game outside the obvious combat system.

If you can deal with all the other bogus parts of Tera for the combat system, I'd say yes. So far, Tera has the best combat system in an MMo I've ever played.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search