TERA is a fantasy subscription MMORPG from the team of Bluehole Studios, Gameforge, and En Masse Entertainment. TERA’s story is simple: the world is under siege by evil gods, monsters, and beings from the underworld, and it’s up to the players to stand against their onslaught to save the world.
True action combat is the main draw here, meaning fighting is based on actual player skill. For example, in order to avoid getting hit in combat, a player must dodge attacks, and not just stand in place and rely on an arbitrary armor or skill rating. There are no factions, either. Players simply choose from seven races and eight classes and take on quests and over 600 monsters.
TERA is free-to-play, with an optional premium subscription available.
- True Action Combat | Breaks away from the mundane ‘point & click’ combat to a more engaging and interactive method, based on actual player aim, position, timing, and overall skill.
- Vast Fantasy World | Thousands of quests across 80+ zones; 7 races; 8 character classes; 600 + monsters.
- Seven Races | Choose from the Aman, Baraka, Castanic, Elin, High Elf, Human, and Popori races.
- Eight Classes | Pick from the Archer, Berserker, Lancer, Mystic, Priest, Slayer, Sorcerer, and Warrior classes.
- Epic Monster Battles | “Big ass monster battles” against an advanced enemy AI.
- Stunning Graphics | Amazing and lovely game scenery powered by Unreal Engine 3.
- Vibrant Online Community | No factions exist in TERA, making character interaction for social, political, and economic reasons much more necessary.
- Choice of Control | Plays equally well with mouse & keyboard or game controller.