With today's Guild Wars 2 update, a new legendary weapon arrived along with it. In a new developer post by Matt Pennebaker and Mike O'Brien discuss the new method of obtaining a legendary weapon that may be, according to them, a bit short on lore, but also a lot less complicated.
The new system is balanced with existing legendaries, provides a way to progress every time it's used, and artwork will be placed into game immediately and not be "hampered by design implementation time".
As a result, players will need to go through the following steps in the new legendary weapon process:
- When a new legendary weapon becomes available, speak to Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs in Lion’s Arch to purchase the first-tier precursor recipe.
- With the recipe unlocked, play in any Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ map to purchase the new, weapon-specific material with that map’s currency (including Unbound Magic).
- Refine the new material and use it to craft the first-tier precursor.
- Return to Hobbs and repeat this process for the second- and third-tier precursors.
- Use the final precursor in the Mystic Forge, with a recipe very similar to the otherGuild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns legendary weapons, to craft your new legendary weapon.
Be sure to swing by the Guild Wars 2 site to check out the full article.